'18-'19 Updated Roster Pg. 1

Discussion in 'Lakers Discussion' started by Alcindor, Jul 2, 2018.

1. lakerfan2

lakerfan2 - Lakers All Star -

I think the FO is looking for a true small ball 5. Wagner fits that bill, but he's a rookie, so I don't expect him to log a bunch of minutes. McGee can play in spurts, but I don't think we'll use him for more than 15 minutes either. Which leaves Zu who NEEDS to show some sort of progress this year or he'll be gone.

We still have the room exception to sign someone, but the market is pretty dry at the moment. I don't think Brook was an option to come back, as much as we all preferred him. Just listening to the way Rob spoke, he wanted to build fast, athletic, and get shooters. Brook fit the shooting part, but was a below average rebounder for his position and was just way to slow on the breaks.

I don't think our PF depth as dire as you many of you suggest. Lebron will probably start there next to Ingram. Then you can slide Bron to the 3 and have Kuz play PF off the bench, or even Wagner. Then you can have Stephenson or even Svi come off the bench for Bron at the 3. KCP / Hart will fill out the SG spot evenly, with Stephenson being able to spot minutes there. Zo / Rondo will take PG, with Hart playing point if needed as well. Pretty close to having a team that can switch at all positions.

We just really need a starting caliber small ball center to rebound, protect the paint, and finish open looks. Hell, perhaps we somehow trade Deng and Zu for an expiring one? That would cap off an amazing season of moves. I know Dedmon was a name thrown around alot. Maybe ATL takes Deng, Zu, 19 1st for Dedmon?

alam1108 likes this.
  2. wcsoldier81

wcsoldier81 - Lakers All Star -

We're going to regret Brook rim protection a great deal ...

3. Doc Brown

Doc Brown - Lakers Starter -

Doctorin'
    Lonzo / Rondo
    KCP / Hart / Svi
    Ingram / Stephenson
    Lebron / Kuzma / Wagner
    Mcgee / Beasley / Zubac

Pretty crazy that we have 13 guys that can play. Good luck managing minutes, although we are setup to go at people for all 48 minutes. Scoring should never drop off.

Battle Tested20 and therealdeal like this.
  4. therealdeal

therealdeal Moderator Staff Member

So which one of you geniuses called McGee, Stephenson, Rondo, and Michael mother****ing Beasley? :D :D :D :D :D :D

5. Weezy

Weezy Moderator Staff Member

Well, Beasley takes care of Deng ever possibly playing again. We have so many guys at his position ahead of him he wouldn’t see the court if 4 of them got injured. I’m good with that.

6. Weezy

Weezy Moderator Staff Member

So the depth chart looks something like (with obviously Zo and Hart not for sure starters that can be swapped out)

Lonzo
    Hart
    Ingram
    LeBron
    McGee

Rondo
    KCP
    Stephenson
    Kuzma
    Beasley

Caruso
    Svi
    Wagner
    Zubac

(Corpse of Deng)

I like it, should be fun. The 3rd team is a Sirron quota special.

7. gcclaker

gcclaker Moderator Staff Member

^LOL at (Corpse of Deng)...