Lakers Ball Rules
Please read the Member Rules
We want everyone to be able to come to this website and have a great time talking Lakers Basketball and whatever else they want to discuss. To that end we have some rules in place to help promote healthy discussion and a welcoming atmosphere for all of our members:
1. Do Not Bypass The Swear Filter- Cursing on this site is not prohibited because we have filters in place to curb cursing. You may not however, try to bypass these filters by intentionally misspelling curse words or using symbols in place of letters. Just let the swear filter do it’s work.
2. Excessive Baiting Is Prohibited- Members may not attempt to goad other members by making posts in an attempt to make fun of, ridicule, or incite the anger of another member.
3. Trolling Is Prohibited- Trolling here is defined by a post or topic being all three of the following:
B. Off Topic and or Extraneous
C. Likely to provoke readers into further emotional and off topic responses.
4. Excessive Passive Aggressiveness- Passive Aggressive posts aimed at a member are a form of baiting. If you have something to say to someone, please just say it directly or don’t say it at all.
5. Personal Attacks- Members may not make personal attacks against another member. A personal attack consists of talking about another member rather than that member’s post or an idea they presented, in an attempt to ridicule them personally.
6. Excessive Group Attack- Derisively accusing a member of being a part of a group that they have not claimed to be a part of is prohibited. For example “Kobe jocker”, “Kobe fan”, “Liberal”, or “Conservative”, etc…
7. No Nudity, or Sexual Content- We want this site to be open to anyone to view and inviting for all. Members may not post sexually explicit, posts, videos, images or content of any kind.
8. Spamming- Spamming does nothing but clutter up a forum and make people angry. Members may never spam the website with posts about other websites or forums, web-stores, or even excessively repeated posts. Only approved Lakers Ball affiliates may share a link in their signature to their web-page or store.
9. Disagreement Resolution- Resolve all Member and Staff Problems Via the Conversations feature in the inbox. Members come here for discussions, not to read other people’s arguments.
10. Video Content- Videos with cursing may be posted, but MUST have a warning above regarding the language, and if it has cursing in the title of the video, the video MUST have a warning about the Language and be placed in a Spoiler Tag as well.
11. No illegal file sharing- Lakersball.com does not condone or promote illegal file sharing. Do not post links to illegally downloadable files on this website.
12. Religious and Political Posts- This is a Lakers fan forum. The topics of religion and politics can be a passionately inflammatory topic and aren’t the main thrust of the forum. If you want to talk politics or religion please feel free to post in the Religion and Politics section of the forum. All other areas should be religion and politics free.
13. Once a member has been banned, you may not join the site again.
14. Inflammatory language that is determined to be detrimental to the Lakersball.com community is prohibited.
Violations of the rules above will garner either an Unofficial Warning or Official Warning depending on the severity. Unofficial Warnings are a friendly reminder to stay within the rules that do not move a member closer to being banned, however they do mean STOP whatever activity garnered the Unofficial Warning or further action will be enacted. An Official Warning is an indication of the severity of the offense and will move a member closer to being banned. If a member gets 3 Official Warnings within a year’s time of one another they will be banned. Warning s older than a year (365 days) are not counted.
Alternatively if a member violates the rules, to what the staff feels is an extreme violation, staff may decide a ban is an appropriate action before 3 Official Warnings have been handed to the member.