White House Linked To Prostitution Scandal & Coverup

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion and Philosophy -(FORUM CLOSED)-' started by revgen, Oct 9, 2014.

1. revgen

revgen - Lakers 6th Man -

http://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...98dc90-4e7e-11e4-aa5e-7153e466a02d_story.html

Wow. No wonder Eric Holder left his office recently. Fast and Furious, Benghazi, and now this.

2. TIME

TIME Administrator Staff Member

Lifelong Lakers fan.
    Most corrupt White House in the nation's history... and we've had some doozies.

3. ZenMaster

ZenMaster - Lakers All Star -

I am not a US resident, so I am not the one to care, but lately it just seems that some things that in the past used to stay "covert" are much more easily exposed. Some of it is the omnipresence of the smartphones, of course, and some of it is the change of the generation, it seems.

Is generation Y more willing to blow the whistle?

therealdeal likes this.
  4. TIME

Lifelong Lakers fan.
    I'm sure you're right, but some of it is just a bigger collection of corrupt people.

5. ZenMaster

ZenMaster - Lakers All Star -

That is clearly the reason, but one can dream, can't one?

6. Barnstable

Barnstable Supreme Fuzzler of Lakersball.com Staff Member

Ehhhhh, I don't really think this whitehouse is any more corrupt than some in the past. We've had some terrible secrets come out about some of them years afterwards.

What we have now is the secrets coming out during the administration because of the internet and how prevalent information sharing is in this day and age. This is just a different time. For instance I would have no doubt that other high level whitehoues administrations have had a ton of prostitution issues... the difference would be they didn't have that info put out to the public while in office. Would they have lied about it too? I bet they would... but they didn't have to. The information wasn't going to be as available so quickly, so no one knew till after the administration left office.

7. TIME

Lifelong Lakers fan.

sirronstuff likes this.
  8. TIME

Lifelong Lakers fan.
    Barns, I would say this admin is easily twice as corrupt as any previous one.

9. Barnstable

Why do you say that?

10. TIME

Lifelong Lakers fan.
    @Barnstable

Even if it was JUST the IRS scandal, it would already be the worst. Never in US History has the tax collecting arm of the government been so blatantly abused for political purposes.

But, it's much more than that. I won't bore you with the ever growing list of scandals that has grown so long that most people have forgotten about the ones that have dropped one or two down the list.

Every administration has issues. Comes with the territory when you are dealing with massive power + $$$ + career politicians. Both Republicans and Democrats have had their share. This one is simply much worse.

11. Barnstable

@TIME I suppose this doesn't count because Kennedy actually stopped this from happening, but the first thing I thought about when I think of the most corrupt administration was Operation Northwoods in the 1960s.

The Department of Defense and Joint Chiefs of Staff planned to have the CIA commit acts of terrorism, bombings, attacks against the US military and civilians, and hijackings around the US in order to blame Cuba and have an excuse to go to war.

I guess it kind of depends on if you consider the Joint Chiefs of Staff to be a part of the administration, but that is the worst thing I've ever heard the US government do. Luckily the president at the time was better than Obama, or it might have happened.

12. TIME

Lifelong Lakers fan.
    I've never heard of that. Chilling. Sounds like a movie from the 60s called Seven Days in May.

13. Barnstable

@TIME Yep. It sounds like a John Greshim novel, but it was real. Read this article:

TIME likes this.
  14. John3:16

John3:16 Moderator Staff Member

CEO - Big Baller Brand
    The media used to protect the president (think of Kennedy and his numerous affairs). Then they started attacking the president (Bush Sr and his "read my lips" and Clinton's BJ, and Bush's horrible speaking skills). Now, I think the media has gone overboard in ignoring Obama's faults (and his admin). The info we get is so "after the fact" it's not funny. Stuff just doesn't get reported or investigated like it should. The most glaring is the murder of a 16 year old US citizen that Obama admin ordered. I tell people about this and they look at me like I'm crazy, yet it's FACT.

As for this prostitute scandal... ehhh.... so minor in a long list of "transparency issues" I don't even care any more. Just waiting for him to get out of office. Maybe the truth will come out about him one day. Maybe not. Either way, we have a LONG way to go, as a country, and I don't think he's helped at all. So the sooner he's out, the better. And maybe we'll get someone in who makes a difference (who am I kidding?).

[​IMG]

BadCoaching, TIME and sirronstuff like this.
  15. therealdeal

therealdeal Moderator Staff Member

At this point the two major political parties are so corrupted and so jaded it's impossible to get anywhere with them. For the most part America votes on a president and we hope he doesn't screw us up any more than we already are. Awful.

In the case of this administration (and the tail end of the last one), it's been a disaster. Both domestically and abroad we've lost ground. I can't think of a thing this administration has done that will be looked on as an outright success besides maybe the death of Osama Bin Laden. But the list of wrong things that have been done is so lengthy, I just don't even care anymore. The fact that things like this have been continually swept under the rug though is pretty much a testament to how terrible our national media coverage is.

Can't wait until this clown is gone. Hopefully the next clown won't be as detrimental.

John3:16 likes this.
  16. lakerswiz

lakerswiz Guest