Rui Hachimura Discussion

Discussion in 'Lakers Discussion' started by Kobe Bryant 8, Jan 23, 2023.

1. FrontOfJersey22

FrontOfJersey22 - Lakers All Star -

He’s coming back for sure.

Panko likes this.
  2. tada

tada - Lakers All Star -

Like I mentioned before his exposure and media coverage in Japan has more than tripled since becoming a Laker. It seems like he's getting a new TV commercial every other week.

I'd be shocked if he chose another team over a few million, because he'll easily recoup that amount through new sponsorships here.

Cookie, Panko, SamsonMiodek and 9 others like this.
  3. Slick2021

Slick2021 - Lakers All Star -

Yasuke is ours for years to come, just like Austin. Rob isn't going to mess this up.

ElginTheGreat likes this.
  4. KareemtheGreat33

KareemtheGreat33 - Lakers MVP -

Brow-beater
    Ham needs to use him better though. Inconsistent minutes hurt his game early.

VincePT, DeeZee, Panko and 1 other person like this.
  5. abeer3

abeer3 - Lakers Legend -

i mean, he literally can't choose someone else because he's an RFA. unless you're hoping like i do that we just come to a fair agreement without the RFA song and dance. would be nice if we just offer 4/60 with a player option, and he takes it without shopping.

Cookie, tada, Panko and 5 others like this.
  6. ElginTheGreat

ElginTheGreat - Lakers MVP -

4/60 with a player option is exactly what I was thinking. I would hope since he seems to like it here that a deal like that would be enough.

7. pika1708

pika1708 - Lakers Starter -

Yeah that's a great offer for both, that's why Abeer would be a great GM as discussed here hehe.
    He can definitely carv a role for himself here and the year before the PO would likely to be post-Lebron where he could explode and be up for a very profitable summer.

Make it happen Rob

Panko and abeer3 like this.
  8. abeer3

abeer3 - Lakers Legend -

word circulating is that his camp wants a deal starting at his cap hold, which is closer to 19.

i'd go that high, but not for four years. will someone throw 4/80 at him? there have been worse RFA contracts offered...

still think we'll just match, though.

9. lakerjones

lakerjones Moderator Staff Member

Try to get him for 4/60 but his stock raised so it might be more like 4/72. I’d do it for sure. Love what he brings and his upside.

10. Slick2021

Slick2021 - Lakers All Star -

It's interesting that I see some stuff saying that Rui might be more valuable to the Lakers, than to other teams as a potential starter.

abeer3 likes this.
  11. pika1708

pika1708 - Lakers Starter -

I think someone may throw 4/80. And I think we will match and I like it. He played really well this playoffs, I'm seriously considering him a 6th man of the year next season. And those are worth 20m a year

Panko and abeer3 like this.
  12. JSM

JSM - Lakers Legend -

Top Poster Of Month

Here's the full blurb. Fischer also mentions the Pacers and Suns expressed strong interest in him before and could come calling again.

gcclaker, Cookie, Panko and 1 other person like this.
  13. Pioneer10

Pioneer10 - Lakers All Star -

I disagree, Rui engagement on defense and the glass tends to fluctuate. After Hams benching of him his defense and energy definitely improved. I think Ham deserves credit for getting the most of out of guys like Rui, Reaves, and DS.

He still has to work on his rebounding, a guy that big with his hops should be at least a competent rebounder

Barnstable, Panko and abeer3 like this.
  14. abeer3

abeer3 - Lakers Legend -

lol suns come calling with what? less than his QO? an offer of a S&T for landry shamet and josh okogie?

the pacers are a real concern, though. they need guys at the 3/4 and have a good amount of cash. also, they HATE us with the fire of a thousand suns, so they might get ridiculous with an offer.

i'd really prefer we get something hammered out before he gets to RFA. i wonder if we offer 4/72 if he'd just take it. it's probably a slight overpay, but it's more than he wanted from washington last year and comes with playing in la, which i think he likes.

yeah, it's part of why i said 18 per might be a bit of an overpay. i like rui, but i'm not sure he's a starting caliber player. can you pay 20 million per for that? again, worries me that in indy, he IS a starting caliber player (because they don't have other players there, and there's not pressure to win).

if someone goes nuts and pays rui 20+, that team will probably wish it hadn't in a couple years.

Cookie, alam1108 and Panko like this.
  15. lakerjones

lakerjones Moderator Staff Member

Yeah as I mentioned, I think 4 for 72 most likely gets it done for both sides. I have no problem with that but of course it’s not my $.

TIME and abeer3 like this.
  16. FrontOfJersey22

FrontOfJersey22 - Lakers All Star -

Because he now plays on both sides of the ball, and is the most sought after size in the League, I bet he gets $20 mill per.

17. JSM

JSM - Lakers Legend -

Top Poster Of Month

From the same Anthony Irwin and Aaron Larsuel pod I mentioned in the AR thread, Aaron thinks Rui's league value is in the $17m-$22m range (thinks a 4 year/$68m that Anthony brought up would be "team friendly") and that he is viewed as a starter in the league.

Again, that's not indicative of the entire Lakers think tank but does offer a little insight into his perceived value from our front office.

Panko, Cookie, lakerjones and 3 others like this.
  18. sk2408

sk2408 - Rookie -

I’m very confident Rui is back next season. The more interesting question IMO is whether he starts. Vando is not well suited for a lot of playoff matchups but he’s a very good regular season guy. Will Rui continue to be okay coming off the bench? He seems like he’s got a great head on his shoulders so I think he will be, but he wouldn’t be the first guy to start thinking differently after the big contract.

Panko and TIME like this.
  19. TIME

TIME Administrator Staff Member

Lifelong Lakers fan.
    I would start Rui next season, and bring Vando off the bench. I've always liked a injection of energy off the bench and bringing Vando and DS off the bench would do that.

Panko, Barnstable, lakerjones and 2 others like this.
  20. sk2408

sk2408 - Rookie -

I think I agree. LeBron is going to coast on defense all regular season so Vando is helpful in picking up that slack, but LeBron also needs to unload some of the offensive burden next year too. Rui helps with that. Also, if/when we make the playoffs next year Rui’s minutes will increase at Vando’s expense again. Might as well get those lineups as many reps as possible.

Panko, Barnstable and TIME like this.