Rob Pelinka Discussion: He's Scrambling

Discussion in 'Lakers Discussion' started by OmarE, Feb 21, 2017.

1. Slick2021

Slick2021 - Lakers MVP -

lol double chins?

2. sirronstuff

sirronstuff - Lakers Legend -

Your time is running out Ham
    I don't know man. If I had a national travel gig, lived on the road, crazy deadlines after games. Lates nights, early hours, buffets for reporters everywhere you go, it's easy to see how it happens. Doesn't lend itself to a healthy lifestyle at all.

3. Weezy

Weezy Moderator Staff Member

4. Alcindor

Alcindor - Lakers Starter -

But Lonnie didn't get the QO so yes, it is an increase. Fact is, it is more than he made last year. Last I checked, that's called an increase. Anyways I haven't scoped out all the signings but Joe Ingles to the Bucks for mini-MLE, he would have been far better for us, dead-eye 3-pt over 40% career, good D and size 6'8". Older but experienced, got a year left in him for sure. Far better for a championship team than Walker.

Last edited: Sep 14, 2022
    lakerjones likes this.
  5. abeer3

abeer3 - Lakers Legend -

you gotta be kidding me on that level of nit picking. he was set to make roughly 6 mil in any case.

joe ingles tore his acl and is 35 years old.

also, we're not a championship team. even the most optimistic analysts have us in the 6-8 range (and there's very few of them!). we don't want joe ingles, and he doesn't want us.

TIME likes this.
  6. Weezy

7. abeer3

abeer3 - Lakers Legend -

where were all these geniuses on signing day for THT? everybody--including pincus--was discussing what to do if THT got a 4/80 offer.

sorry, i find it annoying.

and lonnie's contract is great. he's substantial salary ballast in trade if he sucks (no player option). if he plays well, we can afford to keep him at over the mini mle, which was the issue with monk, who was signed with a vet min. had monk been our mini mle signing, he'd still be here.

would love to hear who all the twitter jockeys wanted us to spend the mini mle on and whether that proved realistic in any way after the fact.

8. LTLakerFan

LTLakerFan - Lakers Legend -

Top Poster Of Month

9. JSM

JSM - Lakers Legend -

That means if there is any other moves then they'll likely happen in the next 48 hours. Don't see Rob getting before the camera without his training camp roster locked.

Cookie and abeer3 like this.
  10. Slick2021

Slick2021 - Lakers MVP -

Good Lord I'm ready for camp to start, we'll be playing in a game in 2 weeks! Preseason or not, we can actually talk about something that happened on the court. Russ sucks, the roster sucks, Rob sucks, GD this crap is ridiculous. Hell..we might as well fast forward to 23-24...oh yeah, we are going suck then too! Jeesh.

svtzr likes this.
  11. CarolinaLakerFan

CarolinaLakerFan - Lakers 6th Man -

At this point Rob is just throwing stuff against the wall and hoping something will stick. No rhyme or reason whatsoever to his roster moves.

12. Weezy

Yup. Someone was overly confident, or intel on Kyrie forcing his way here or something was bad, this roster was built with a different starting guard or other traded for pieces in mind.

13. Slick2021

Slick2021 - Lakers MVP -

More blah blah blah..these writers haven't been right about s*** all offseason.

14. pika1708

pika1708 - Lakers Starter -

We made the Pat trade without no one knowing about it. FA signings the same.
    We have been hiding our moves for some time, the leaks were dealt with, so I don't have reasons to believe these insiders. They have to say something to keep their job

Toklat, abeer3 and Slick2021 like this.
  15. abeer3

abeer3 - Lakers Legend -

i agree with him. this isn't the team they hoped to field. but it's better than giving up all future flexibility for a slightly better team.

16. Helljumper

Helljumper - Lakers All Star -

Student
    But Windhorst isn’t reporting anything as an “insider” in that clip. He’s basically just stating his opinion that our roster construction makes no sense. You can disagree with him, but there’s nothing there to “not believe”.

sirronstuff, Weezy and abeer3 like this.
  17. OX1947

OX1947 - Lakers MVP -

Why?

18. LTLakerFan

LTLakerFan - Lakers Legend -

Top Poster Of Month

19. sirronstuff

sirronstuff - Lakers Legend -

Your time is running out Ham
    but how is the Laker's buffet for reporters? Watchyomouf Son! #uninvited

20. pika1708

pika1708 - Lakers Starter -

Yes. But in this bit he's not sharing an opinion that the roster is bad constructed, he's saying that he thinks our organization doesn't think this roster will work, so it's either a report or second-guessing. As it's not a report, as you said, we should treat it as second-guessing. Some of the reactions were treating it like it's a fact, which is wrong.

I also think our plan A is trade Russ. But I think that the benefit of the doubt should be given here. Everything is new and we have a roster filled with very capable guys in the game of basketball that will play in a system we haven't yet seen.
    I also don't understand why so many people come here to say "I won't watch it" bla bla bla (not you). If you won't, why are you spending time on a Lakers' message board? People just like to hate and then come say "told you so" for some sort of personal recognition. If they're wrong, they will root and celebrate like nothing happened. It's tiring, but wtv.

The Ham system seems to rely on players attacking the basket whenever they have the opportunity. Russ, Dennis and LeBron fit that role. Lonnie too. I think we have a much better athletic team and solved some issues we had, albeit not all of them.

If there's no belief or expectation in a roster that is 90% different with a completely different coaching style, then what's the point of supporting a franchise? No one ever saw these guys playing together under this system, not even the players and coaches themselves. Yet, some are adamant that it won't work and won't even bother to watch it. That tells you a lot on how these people build their opinions, basing them before the fact.

Last year was terrible. And our FO completely dismantled that group with little to no assets. I'm not sure what could have been done differently honestly. I don't agree with all the moves, but I see an intention, a plan and that's all a supporter needs to build some expectation.

I hate Russ with all my guts, but as of today, we are riding with him, so I'll be rooting for the best possible outcome

LTLakerFan, abeer3 and svtzr like this.