Our Big Offseason Acquisition

Discussion in 'Lakers Discussion' started by LA Bron, Apr 30, 2024.

1. LA Bron

LA Bron - Rookie -

Idk why… but I have a weird feeling that we are landing someone huge in the offseason.

if we could pull off a 3 way with Phoenix and Atlanta where:

- Trae to PHX
    - KD to LAL
    - Picks and Players to ATL

2. sirronstuff

sirronstuff - Lakers Legend -

Your time is running out Ham
    That would be interesting, but the amount we have to give up to match the salary is pretty staggering. And we’re not even sure LeBron is going to be here.

if he goes to a OKC as they are rumored to pursue him, then I’m not so sure that is our approach to the off-season.

3. FrontOfJersey22

FrontOfJersey22 - Lakers All Star -

LeBron ain’t leaving.
    Jeanie will give him a Max three year deal, a piece of the Franchise, Kurt’s parking spot, and Jimbo’s favorite drinking cap this summer.

Khmrp, SamsonMiodek and Juronimo like this.
  4. TIME

TIME Administrator Staff Member

Lifelong Lakers fan.
    [​IMG]

sirronstuff likes this.
  5. LTLakerFan

LTLakerFan - Lakers Legend -

We need proof of life first on Jimbo maybe Jeanie had him taken out. Poof gone from sight and print.

Cookie, Toklat and FrontOfJersey22 like this.
  6. Toklat

Toklat - Lakers Starter -

I've been studying up on Trae. The guy is absolutely phenomenal. He needs to be a Laker. He has that brash cockiness and talent to go with it. AD would be the MVP off Trae's passing. He would take the ball out of LeBron's hands late in games. He would also fill seats after LeBron hangs it up and turn LeBron into an asset for the team instead of an anchor while he is still here. If it is possible to get Trae Young we should do it. For me personally, I would watch every game again.

abeer3 and LTLakerFan like this.
  7. KuzmoBall17

KuzmoBall17 - Lakers Starter -

Trae,JJ Reddick and Davis are new dynasty.GSW and Nuggets are going to be very afraid
    :Addrinking:

sirronstuff likes this.
  8. LTLakerFan

Wow that’s quite an endorsement out of the blue from you. Any insight, if it’s such a great fit for us (aside from what difficult tricks and schemes needed to hide him on D from constantly being hunted) …. as to why …. NOW …. he dropped Klutch for CAA?

Toklat and abeer3 like this.
  9. sirronstuff

sirronstuff - Lakers Legend -

Your time is running out Ham
    On a team with not enough defense, I think Trae Young does not inspire since he is a turnstile on defense.

10. Toklat

To be honest I always thought Trae was this obnoxious clown and more show than go because he is hidden in Atlanta. Defensively of course he has issues but I watched everything I could get my hands on and was pleasantly surprised overall. One guy can't guard him. He can get whatever he wants. Where I was really impressed was how good he made average bigs look. I could just picture what AD could do when so much attention has to be given to Trae. Plus his passes come out of nowhere and are spot on. Is he shooting or passing? AD would be dunking the ball all game long. Without getting too lengthy he would extend LeBron as well.. Whatever negatives on defense he brings will be way overshadowed by his offense. I get that his personality is not for everyone but his game is there with anyone. I have no idea if it is possible to get him. That is beyond me but I love his game.

ElginTheGreat, LTLakerFan and abeer3 like this.
  11. LTLakerFan

Well you'd "think" Trae would jump at the chance to leave Atlanta and want to be a Laker. If so, why seemingly blow that up by dumping Klutch is what doesn't make any sense, and very doubtful to me this would happen now. With Klutch there would be a whole lot more leverage and likely giving up less assets including NOT Reaves, in putting out he would not re-sign if traded anywhere else, like with AD. Could he do that too with CAA … maybe I guess. But this also seems like not meant to happen now for some hidden reason additionally beyond basketball decision, with Bron “being” Klutch. Like your synopsis though. :rock: :cool:

We need a volunteer to do journalistic sleuthing and get to the bottom of why he did that. Anyone …. raise of hands? :rofl:

https://www.google.com/search?q=Why...+CAA&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&hl=en-us&client=safari

Last edited: May 12, 2024
  12. wallangong

wallangong - Lakers 6th Man -

Trae is terrible. Trading away our current assets for him is a surefire way to torpedo the franchise into mediocrity for 10 years. Not sure there’s a worse option on the table than trading for him.

JSM and FrontOfJersey22 like this.
  13. ZenMaster

ZenMaster - Lakers All Star -

Hard pass on Trae.

JSM likes this.
  14. Toklat

My first option would always be to not resign LeBron and build through the draft. However, that doesn't appear to be what we are doing or are ever going to do. If we are indeed resigning LeBron, letting him pick our coach and trading our picks, as it is rumored then I think Trae would help us in the ways previously stated. Mitchell would be a nice pick up as well. I understand people not wanting Trae. Two days ago that was me...lol. I'm just trying to stay in the reality of our situation and give us some hope of winning. I think most people would change their minds about Trae, after watching AD throw down dunk after dunk and LeBron not handling the ball late in games.

15. LTLakerFan

But the reality of this situation really is Trae just dumped Klutch. He's not coming. ;)

16. FrontOfJersey22

FrontOfJersey22 - Lakers All Star -

He’s a phenomenally awful defender.
    You can like him, but I don’t like players who can’t play defense.

JSM and Toklat like this.
  17. wallangong

Rebuild through the draft? Were you not paying attention the last time we accumulated top 10 picks year after year? It was fun for a year or 2 to have the hope of the next prospect, only to realize we were going nowhere fast.

If it wasn’t for Lebron coming to LA, AD doesn’t force a trade to LA and finally make those draft picks useful.

Last time the Lakers tried to rebuild through the draft, they produced some of the worst basketball I’ve seen in my life.

And no, most of us would not change our minds about Trae. The book is out on him and that’s why his value has cratered. Do. Not. Want.

JSM likes this.
  18. Toklat

Anger issues much???...lol.

19. Toklat

Traditionally I dont either but he is no worse than LeBron or DLO and far better on offense than either. I prefer winning to losing and just want to explore all options.

20. wallangong

You got anger from that? Yikes. Projection much? Maybe you’re just angry for talking yourself into Trae Young.