Official Whine, Moan, Complain Thread 19/20-CLOSED "WE CHAMPS!"

Discussion in 'Lakers Discussion' started by puffyusaf#2, Jul 5, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LTLakerFan

LTLakerFan - Lakers Legend -

Yeah that is my ONE big fear too. It wasn't a strength of his before the injuries. But as well not an overriding liability THEN.

Hey but I gave you the right scenario for taking a chance on it and milking the hell out of the positive things he can do in limited minutes. Keep all 3 of them. Next year.

LOAD MANAGE all three of them and keep fresh all season ..... Legitimately

I'll let others hand wring over their very objective and valid fears about him playing in this year's playoffs and trust the Lakers organization, Judy Seto and DeMarcus himself if they decide he's ready at some point during them.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2020
    LaVarBallsDad likes this.
  2. Sentient Meat

Sentient Meat - Rookie -

LTLakerFan and abeer3 like this.
  3. abeer3

abeer3 - Lakers Legend -

i'm not saying you do it immediately, but he'd become available as salary/value in trade if cousins were healthy and we had howard.

sentient beat me on the stats, but denver plays respectable defense with jokic at center. no way anyone's slower than that.

but that's why i said the playoffs might be informative. if jokic gets played off the floor and denver gets upset by portland in the 1st round (could happen), maybe the lakers get a little gun-shy about committing to cousins as the main plan.

Cookie, LTLakerFan and Sentient Meat like this.
  4. Sentient Meat

Sentient Meat - Rookie -

Three times more blocks... 50% more steals than Jokic. Same rebound rate. This is after the Achilles.

He has freakishly long arms so he doesn't need as much mobility.

I think you make him part of your three headed hydra.

You use JaVale and Dwight against quicker big men... you use Boogie against the slower, heavy players like Brook or Jokic.

It is possible he's beyond the point of rehabilitation but those numbers were after the Achilles so I'm optimistic he can still play at a good level.

He also is a significant upgrade in terms of a foul shooter and of course in terms of stretch 5.

Cookie, abeer3 and LTLakerFan like this.
  5. LTLakerFan

Wow this thread took a disgusting turn toward too much positivity in the last page.

:Laugh:

Cookie likes this.
  6. abeer3

abeer3 - Lakers Legend -

oh wait--we're 0-fer against the clippers, C Bags, and philly and have already lost to stupid houston.

that does suck.

Juronimo likes this.
  7. sirronstuff

sirronstuff - Lakers Legend -

Your time is running out Ham
    There’s always next year if this year doesn’t work out

8. Sentient Meat

Sentient Meat - Rookie -

Vogel - fine with
    LeBron - happy
    Avery - meh
    JaVale - fine with
    Green - fine with except we paid too much
    Kuzma - fine with except I rather we kept one of the others
    Dwight - happy
    Boogie - happy
    KCP - fine with
    Caruso - happy
    Rondo - happy
    Daniels - happy
    Cook - happy
    Dudley - fine with
    THT - happy

People call me a borderline troll but why would I have no problem with nearly every acquisition. Why would I be happy with nearly every trade for big men in the past? (Except Shaq... was unhappy when we traded him)

Why would I compliment Rob for his post Kawhi signings?

Why would I compliment him for not trading Kuzma and Green for Morris?

A troll would complain about all of these things but I only complain about one thing. I hardly consider that negative even if I do bring it up regularly.

9. LTLakerFan

I haven't called you that. I have been annoyed with you with how you continue to dwell on the past and bring up the same things about why you would have been happier with the kids and Paul George and Kawhi Leonard. Plus we paid too much for Anthony Davis and LeBron is older now and you worry about if we will pay to keep him past his star expiration date. And Rob didn't do it perfectly in the front office with assets and such. While all of what went on behind the scenes and in talks with other clubs of course you're not privy to. Repetitively. What further do you want us to do with that?

We understand like we did with vash that the roster isn't perfect. Plus you have set this up open ended for the next 3-4 years wanting to keep arguing about the trade pieces and kids vs having AD here now depending on what happens years from now. No one really wants to do that. Are you still trying to find someone to convince? As you have reminded us multiple times we have a smaller membership than most sites. So you know by now that no one is really buying your theory on what is over and done would have been better your way. INDIVIDUALLY most or all of us feel with what was known at the time the trade was the best thing to do. Today we sit in first place vs lottery the last 6 years. Kind of a bird in hand attitude.

Then you insult once again today as I called you on a month ago .... going with the "Lakersball is kind of like a private club" since we all pretty much like each other and have known each other in a lot of cases for many years. Which is OK. BUT then make the accusation that because of the previous sentence it is "group think" that is pushing back at your hashing over the past focus. When called on that since is it IS annoying .... you ignore the point made, just like you ignored the interesting point made about "tilting at windmills" (to describe what you do here) .... and go right back to telling us instead about why you're not totally happy and reserve the right to debate the trade based on what continues to happen in the future.

Does that sound like fun for us on the receiving end?

Last edited: Feb 12, 2020
    alam1108 and Juronimo like this.
  10. Sentient Meat

Sentient Meat - Rookie -

The private club comment was an epiphany because I came in with my guns blazing thinking it was a larger, more public type of message board like some of the larger sites. I realized a little late that there were a bunch of friends from 2014 with a few others sprinkled in along the way and this made me decide to tone down my rhetoric. If you were larger, I would have kept going... but since it had the private club feeling I thought I should respect it a little more. Not completely shut up, but tone it down.

I don't think I will convince anyone any more than I would in the Trump thread. I don't think I'll change anyone's mind there but I post to give some balance to the arguments.

I suppose I can leave and just stick with Twitter and Reddit but I think you guys need an opposing view or two. I think it was a loss that Vasashi got banned. I wasn't here to see how bad he was behaving but his posts on LG don't seem particularly terrible.

Again do you like superhero films with no villains? Do you like sports talk shows where people agree with each other all the time? Do you like music competitions where there is no Simon Cowell and people just say nice things for two hours?

I'm not trying to troll... I honestly believe what I say... and I like most of our other moves.

But I suppose if enough people keep expressing their dismay with my posts, I'll probably end up leaving.

11. Weezy

Weezy Moderator Staff Member

No, you weren’t here for the Vas thing, you don’t know how bad it was, months and months of behind the scenes drama for absolutely no good reason. With your inability to read the room/look at yourself in any other way than tone deaf, I would definitely see why his persecution complex doesn’t seem odd to you at all, since you share it. Everyone isn’t as smart as you, you’re the revolutionary, ahead of your time.

I’ll also say this, devil’s advocate is dumb, unless it’s specially stated that’s what you’re doing to spur on discussion. Otherwise playing devil’s advocate for only the sake of it, and not actually saying “well, let me play devil’s advocate here”, is not really discernibly different than trolling. It’s taking an opposing view just to take it to literally create arguments even if you don’t necessarily support the view you’re presenting. It’s one thing to say you’re doing it if you’re having a debate, but this is a discussion forum, not the debate team, debates happen here naturally, but it’s not the main point, most people here just share their thoughts, takes, and vent (which after losses is understandable, much less so after wins). As far as you ending up leaving, well

12. Sentient Meat

Sentient Meat - Rookie -

Never said I was smarter than anyone. Never said I was a revolutionary. Never said I was ahead of my time.

I said I thought we should have given less assets.

13. JohnnyComeLately2k6

JohnnyComeLately2k6 - Lakers 6th Man -

Data Vampire Buckaroo
  14. Weezy

Weezy Moderator Staff Member

If you say so Signor Galilei.

Toneloc likes this.
  15. 432J

432J - Lakers All Star -

free throws......come on guys

looked like last season's squad out there tonight

16. lakerfan2

lakerfan2 - Lakers All Star -

Man, why does Lebron always settle for these pull up shots at the end of games when he can drive to the rim at will? He never takes them during the game, why go to that?

Pull ups, fade aways are just not in his arsenal.

I’d like to see the ball in AD’s hands for once with the game on the line. He’s a better shot creator going straight up.

sirronstuff, Cookie and abeer3 like this.
  17. Bbbbbb

Bbbbbb - Rookie -

@CaCHooKa Man is taking a break from doing highlights. I hope everything’s alright, man. I appreciate you a lot.

sirronstuff, alam1108, abeer3 and 2 others like this.
  18. KB24

KB24 Administrator Staff Member

Certified Tax Advisor
    54% or whatever it was in this game...ya this is truly beyond acceptable FT shooting for a team.

Its absolutely embarrassing that these guys get paid millions to make free bees and they still fail miserably.

19. Kenzo

Kenzo - Lakers All Star -

Sad day for any Lakers fan :(

20. LTLakerFan

Noooooooo.

:eek: :cry:

What does “break” mean??

sirronstuff likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.