Official Whine, Moan, Complain Thread 19/20-CLOSED "WE CHAMPS!"

Discussion in 'Lakers Discussion' started by puffyusaf#2, Jul 5, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LaVarBallsDad

LaVarBallsDad - Lakers Legend -

I like you @LTLakerFan. I also like @lakerjones. I think you guys are open and listen. So does @abeer3.

And I'll explain this and I could be off; but we needed a bigger wing with this roster. I think signing a guy like RHJ (who went for the min) instead of going after a guy like Cooks & Daniels (both smaller players) hurt us.

But I think Rob knew that; and was trying to correct a glaring need we had last year, which was shooting.

I also believe he thought he had Iggy in the bag. Let's go back to what @Mr. Rambis stated; "Iggy was going to be a Laker," but Memphis and Iggy couldn't agree on a buyout number.

So, we went into the season with two legit wings; Green and LeBron. And we've struggled with teams who have multiple wings and are very athletic on the perimeter; and we still haven't addressed that issue, yet.

Some of this applies to backup PG as well; although, we're trying to correct that.

Will we? Who knows? We're going to see how it plays out in the POs; and matchups will determine how we stack up.

But I'm not confident against certain matchups.

2. LTLakerFan

LTLakerFan - Lakers Legend -

I agree with all of that and I don’t even like you any more.

:giggle: :clap:

LaVarBallsDad likes this.
  3. LTLakerFan

We left one roster spot open. Who knew Cousins was going to get hurt. Well except for vash railing from day one with concern about Boogie and ill founded concern about McGee who has been solid for us all year, like last year aside from the extended bout with the flu with his asthma weakened lungs. But even him railing as he did, it was not about athletic wings needed to guard Leonard and George. It was always about better 5 backup was needed and better playmaking guards.

4. LaVarBallsDad

Cousins getting hurt sucked

Cookie, Kenzo, abeer3 and 2 others like this.
  5. jbiggs

jbiggs - Rookie -

Event Operations for the San Diego Padres
    without cousins getting hurt, i doubt we get dwight tho. now hopefully in the end we get them both

Cookie, Toneloc, TIME and 5 others like this.
  6. sirronstuff

sirronstuff - Lakers Legend -

Your time is running out Ham
    I feel like I was intentionally left off this list, and it hurts

:dwightcrying:

7. LTLakerFan

See this is what you do as @Pioneer10 pointed out above. I call you out for your 180 degree wrong wording about attempts at "righting the ship" that is in first place in the west and NOT sinking ..... vs attempts to "put us over the top". WHICH IS NOT AN INSIGNIFICANT POINT. What do you do .... not address what I commented on and someone else did as well .... and instead go right back into your spiel we all know how you feel about what happened in the PAST.

Just like your continued and annoying reference to this being a private club with group think stacked against you.

Cookie likes this.
  8. sirronstuff

sirronstuff - Lakers Legend -

Your time is running out Ham
    Let me see if I get this straight:

"right the ship" = Half glass empty - Assumes things aren't going well. (Subjective, but overall, things are pretty peachy)
    "over the top" = Half glass full - Things are already good, but this would make things better. (Look good in the standings, but fine tuning for playoff matchups)

I'd agree "right the ship" has a tone of "x" that doesn't seem to apply. There is no doomsday scenario anywhere here. We're in first place. We have 2 stars. Are we perfect? No. Are any teams perfect? No.

Are we looking good to run the table in the playoffs? Hells to the no. If we win, it will be filled with good old NBA drama, some good luck, fortuitous health, and solid coaching and play from role players. Might be too much to ask.

But so is expecting to go from next to last place to expecting an 82-0 squad and venting at every turn about any and all roster weaknesses. Peace out.

:Carusoshaka:

Trump/Caruso 2020

9. LTLakerFan

Thanks Unit 629945.

10. LTLakerFan

Definitely. And Howard definitely is better for us on defense and a perfect tag team partner with McGee in the same respect plus BOTH of them are awesome vertical lob threats. We really got lucky. Boogie I feel would have had to come back to maybe 85% Boogie to make up for his weaknesses compared to where Howard excels ..... in the win loss column. But yeah Boogie is still here. In spite of trade honks that wanted him cavalierly tossed as filler into Kuzma trade scenarios.

11. LTLakerFan

OK I'm not as well read as Meat or you P10 so I had to look this up. And I approve of its implication here.

What does tilting at windmills mean

Pioneer10 likes this.
  12. LaVarBallsDad

A question I would pose is this: does what Boogie do offensively outweigh what Dwight does defensively?

With Boogie, we aren't looking for another "shot creator," because if Boogie is healthy and playing with the 2nd unit, he provides that.

He can post on the block, operate at the top of the key, he can pick & pop or be an effective roller, and he's a better FT shooter than Dwight.

Unfortunately, his health wasn't there, and we never had the chance to see how his skill-set fit.

He's also an underrated passer.

abeer3 and LTLakerFan like this.
  13. LTLakerFan

Excellent way of looking at it!

14. LaVarBallsDad

I think that was the plan before he was hurt.

I think he sticks on this roster next year for the vet min.

I hope he doesn't try to come back this season and get a full year to rehab with Judy.

If Dwight decides to get paid elsewhere, he can slide right in.

Cookie, LTLakerFan and abeer3 like this.
  15. abeer3

abeer3 - Lakers Legend -

Someone earlier in the year posted some cousins/Jokic comparisons—post-injury cousins—that got me pretty excited. Imagine basically adding Jokic to our team next year.

Cookie, LTLakerFan and LaVarBallsDad like this.
  16. LaVarBallsDad

Yeah, that would be fantastic.

Cookie likes this.
  17. LTLakerFan

I almost would not be surprised to see all 3 of them back with some rational reasoning as to not be impossible at all. So Boogie replaces Dudz. Who says No? A true 3 headed MONSTAR at the 5.

Cookie, jbiggs and LaVarBallsDad like this.
  18. abeer3

abeer3 - Lakers Legend -

i think mcgee's contract is guaranteed, no options, so he has to stay. i hope dwight's positive experience keeps him here fairly cheaply. he has made a ton of money, so i can't imagine that's the big motivator at this point. being in la and being happy should be great. and cousins owes us, imo.

so, i think all three can easily be here. probably would mean mcgee's potential trade fodder, but...them's the breaks.

i imagine the playoffs will be helpful in determining that course, though. if ultra smallballers like boston and houston win big and big-centric teams like us, denver, and philly underperform, it may cause a shift in our thinking.

Cookie and Toneloc like this.
  19. LTLakerFan

Why trade McGee at his reasonable contract. He will still be playing way above "well" ... doubt he drops off a cliff in that regard. Same with Howard. So we have the most talented BIG coming back and we also have injury depth at the 5. Let Vogel figure out interesting line up options and exploit other teams' lineups most all of the time.

20. Pioneer10

Pioneer10 - Lakers All Star -

I'm not hopeful about Cousins: he's always been slow but now after two major leg injuries I just don't see him coming back to the point where he can be trusted to play in tight playoff games. Teams would just isolate him on the PnR and if his footspeed has gone down like I expect to he's going to be a huge liability on that end

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.