Discussion in 'Other Sports Discussion' started by trodgers, Jan 17, 2020.
What a game.
If it weren't for that Pollard kickoff TD return, it would not have been.
I should have left Carlson on my Fantasy League team. I just left 21 points on the table. I'll take a Raider win over a Fantasy loss, seven days a week twice on Sunday.
Waller...just a bone bruise per reports? Looks more serious than that clutching the back of his knee. He did walk off under on his own power.
man that game was crazy. I really thought we got the wrong end of a couple plays especially that false start on the center took us from 3rd and short to 3rd and long. Horrible. That being said, this team overcame a lot and Carr made plays all over the field. We needed that win. Damn way to bring it on the short week
Hoping Waller is okay. Could be a knee ligament. Looked more outside and back on the knee. But if it’s just a bruise, bullet dodged.
Update: Waller strained IT band. Google says 4 to 8 weeks. Sigh...
- every time Carr runs, it looks good but makes me nervous when he is holding the ball like a loaf of bread looking like Shady McCoy.
- great to watch the deep shots to Jackson just to make the defense honest.
- @trodgers fav Zay Jones taking some catches then veering to make some yards afterwards.
- Micah Parsons is the real deal.
- Anthony Brown...bad day at the office. Flagged four times for pass interference. Last one decided the game.
- Bryan Edwards...Mr. Invisible. Separation issues? Not enough targets?
- it's Moreau time.
- we should beat WFT. Then I remind myself of the Chicago and G-Men games.
- our #4 (Ferrell) draft pick relegated to special teams. SMH.
...ALL centers move their head before they snap the ball (says Romo). Bad call.
I agree with everything here. Let me add a couple things.
Edwards is so inconsistent it's ridiculous.
I watched an interview with Carr. He stands by Jones's work ethic. I think it's starting to pay off.
Ferrell played his most snaps of the season, I think, but half of them were on ST. Just crazy how far he's fallen off.
- Edwards has all the attributes. Big, physical, hands. Really needs to develop...and fast.
- Jones may be just a late bloomer? Carr may be on to something.
- Offense has so many options...the O-Line could use some depth. No Incognito, no Good. We're not even playing Nick Martin.
- never heard of TE Helm until yesterday.
- Mullen out for the year?
- Hayward gave up two long receptions yesterday. An oddity. We have to have him another year or two.
- Perryman is a stud (future? see Hayward)
- Ferrell can play the run. It's the rush that is MIA since he was on board.
- really love Carlson, Cole and Sieg. Set on ST for awhile.
- not hearing much from Leatherwood and James. A good sign.
- that Waller strip/fumble could have gone either way. Thought it was a fumble but glad it was ruled not.
- way too early draft note: UCLA wideout Kyle Phillips. Poor man's Cooper Kupp?
- way too early draft note Part II - UCLA OT Sean Rhyan.
Leatherwood 703 snaps, 43.6 PFF, 12 penalties, 5 sacks allowed (+4.5)
Miller 738, 81.7, 4, 3 (+1.3)
Simpson 716, 55.4, 6, 2 (+0.3)
James 738, 59.6, 7, 0 (+5.4)
Eluemunor 266, 57.9, 0, 0
Parker 481, 47.2, 8, 1 (+9.5)
Good 17, 50.6, 0, 0
Simmons 31, 47.0, 0, 1 (+1.5)
Martin 6, 35.8, 1, 0
Winning: Kolton Miller - might have a shot at a Pro Bowl
Holding His Own: James, Simpson
Struggling: Leatherwood and Parker
Silver Lining: Every offensive lineman is improving. Even Parker, who is underwhelming, has stepped up his game. Leatherwood is starting to show that he could have solid value (but at G), Simpson is playing decent football, and Andre James has quietly outplayed Rodney Hudson this season. James is also making less than 1/10 of what Hudson makes.
72.8 PFF: Drake 273 snaps, 100 plays, 537 yards, 3 TD. 8 broken tackles. Added Yards: 337. PRWT: 105.5
73.9 PFF: Jacobs 340 snaps, 147 plays, 618 yards, 6 TD. 13 broken tackles. Added Yards: 369. PRWT: 89.6.
70.6 PFF: Ingold 136 snaps, 14 plays, 86 yards, 1 TD. 1 broken tackles. 46 Yards Added. PRWT: 124.0.
67.9 PFF: Barber 68 snaps, 43 plays, 177 yards, 1 TD. 3 broken tackles. Added Yards (Yards after Contact + Yards after Catch): 96. PRWT: 77.9.
64.1 PFF: Richard 59 snaps, 15 plays, 53 yards, 0 TD. 0 broken tackles. Added Yards: 42. PRWT: 45.8.
PFF: Sutton Smith 6 snaps
Ingold seems difficult to replace, but Jacobs is rounding into shape. He's showing that burst and making good decisions. Shame he dropped that pass vs. Dallas. He and Drake have led the way on a RB attack that has combined to average 145 yards from scrimmage and more than a TD per game.
No more of those wonky snaps to Carr on shotgun.
- Ingold was more than just football...he's a glue guy too.
- Jacobs' dropped pass could have been HUGE at the time. He had nothing but open real estate in front of him.
- Drake's versatility is undervalued. I'd like to see him in with Richard to give Carr more options.
- Richard has been in on passing downs because of his ability to block.
Every game matters now.
Chargers at Bengals - Bengals are favorites. If Cincy wins, the Chargers fall to 6-6.
Washington at Raiders - Raiders are favorites. If LV wins, they move to 7-5.
Broncos at Chiefs - Chiefs are big favorites. If KC wins, they're 8-4, while Denver is 6-6.
Division Look (those results factored in)
That would put the Raiders in the last seed and in control of their own destiny.
Well, the Chargers are not cooperating.
I think we gave away all the games we can afford to give. We are def in control of our destiny. We play the way we can we can beat anyone. We play the way we have played overall recently and it can be ugly.
Im hoping for a convincing win today
Okay game time... Gave up a first on the first play 22 yards. Second play 23 yard pass. That damn near 50 yards on the first two plays
3rd and long.... easy first down on the out route. Bad start for D
3rd and 1. We have dude behind the line and let him get back to get the yard for 1st and goal.
and EASY TD for them
Pretty pathetic. Who blew coverage on that TD pass?