LABron James Discussion: Two Year Max

Discussion in 'Lakers Discussion' started by therealdeal, Jun 8, 2017.

1. jbiggs

jbiggs - Rookie -

Event Operations for the San Diego Padres
    funny to hear you tell me to hate better when you don't even touch on any of my prior points which I believe are all very valid.

where did I mention anything about myself (or really anyone here) supporting the defacing of that mural. for the record I think its cool and even if I didn't I would never destroy art like that.

its obvious you love LeBron and that's cool. but #lovebetter please and ill do my best on the hating front

Cookie and SamsonMiodek like this.
  2. OX1947

OX1947 - Lakers MVP -

If Lebron brings a title to LA this coming year, he can have the crown. It's likely they beat the C Bags in the Finals if that were to happen.

3. Juronimo

Juronimo - Lakers Starter -

plays with one's and zero's
    I wish I could like your post a million times.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

DarthRekal and sirronstuff like this.
  4. LTLakerFan

LTLakerFan - Lakers Legend -

LOL where's sirron. He'll fix you right up.

:Laugh:

5. vasashi17

vasashi17 LB's Resident Capologist

Didnt intend to single you out, but if you took it that way...you must think awfully bigg of yourself.

#BeHumbleBetter

KareemtheGreat33 and jbiggs like this.
  6. jbiggs

jbiggs - Rookie -

haha I see what you did there. and I only think as big of myself as LeBron does ;)

Cookie and sirronstuff like this.
  7. sirronstuff

sirronstuff - Lakers Legend -

Your time is running out Ham
    Lebron doesn’t think big of anyone but himself

:KobeConfused:

Cookie likes this.
  8. jbiggs

jbiggs - Rookie -

9. Weezy

Weezy Moderator Staff Member

It’s a shame that LeBron is going to be divisive around here. Personally I really liked him when he came in as a rookie, the way he played the game, but then not too long after, maybe a few years when he started getting all this ridiculous praise from the media, when he became Wade level touch him and it’s a foul (probably around when he beat the Pistons and went to the Finals), and Kobe was being crapped on for not getting out of the first round with teams that had no business making the playoffs, I soured on him. There was the chosen one crap, the King nickname when he hadn’t won a thing, the check my $tats shirt, the decision, the flopping, ugh. S***, it made me sick when the Cavs won the title a few years ago thanks to that Kyrie shot.

But this last playoffs something changed, LeBron carried his first truly weak team in over a decade to the Finals in a way Kobe had to carry teams. He hit game winners, he buried threes to put games away he never could before, it was very Kobe-like. I still don’t like him, but he finally made me respect him, the thing hammering it Home was almost beating the Warriors in game 1 of the Finals with an Iverson-like performance only ruined by JR Smith.

It would be one thing if this were Dwight Howard, and it was, I hated that clown and neber embraced him as a Laker, he was weak, couldn’t handle being Kobe’s teammate like even so-called soft Pau could and bolted after a year. But this is the best player in the league. We haven’t had that since Kobe pre-achilles, and Shaq in 2000. This is a game-changer. This takes a 35 win team to a team with a shot at the Finals, even if it’s only an outside shot, where we had NO shot before. Had we gutted our team for this guy I’d be pissed, but so far we haven’t, all my favorite Lakers are still here. He joined up to play WITH them, without needing another star in the bag. We are relevant again, we are good again.

Remember those little glimpses last year of what a player that could go on a scoring tear with IT felt like, how fun that was in the moment? Well take that and replace it with a guy who can easily score 30 a night, can drop 40-50 from time to time, and despite not being what he was on defense, isn’t a literal liability on that end due to his lack of height. It still doesn’t even feel that real, I really can’t picture LeBron stepping onto our floor in our jersey, even pictures of him in the purple and gold still don’t seem real. I’m not bowing down to the guy or something or becoming his biggest fan, I’m not getting his jersey or poster, but this is huge for LA, for the Lakers, I’m not sure if some of you guys realize yet what it’s going to be like when that first jump ball is had for the first real game of the season and LeBron is on our side and we now can once again sit down to watch a game on MOST nights, and EXPECT to win. Again, I’m not sure it’s fully hit me yet even, but man is it going to be fun again. And hell, it’s for 4 years, maybe even only 3, if you truly hate the guy that isn’t that long to put up with him. We put up with Robert Sacre that long, I think we can deal with LeBron.

I just hope when the winning starts we can all enjoy it together because isn’t that the main point of this place, enjoying the team together? I hope we don’t become spoiled fans again and complain if we don’t win it all right away and turn on LeBron, again, I respect the guy for coming here to even make us relevant again without a conventional championship caliber roster already in place. I’m going to appreciate being good again, because we have suffered through some DARK times together for 5 years now, no playoffs, watching Kobe freakin Bryant at half the player he once was, trotting out rosters where half the team doesn’t belong in the NBA. That’s over now, I hope we can at least come together on that point and enjoy this, again, it is going to be FUN.

10. alam1108

alam1108 - Lakers Legend -

Can I get that on a mug or something?

Couldn't have said it any better. Time to start planning my days around games again. Let's go!

:Beertoast2:

11. sirronstuff

how bou dat?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

12. LTLakerFan

LTLakerFan - Lakers Legend -

13. sirronstuff

[​IMG]

tough crowd. someday I'll get it right

14. sirronstuff

Looks much better. Props to whoever did that.

:Fishwink:

15. LakerFanIam

LakerFanIam - Lakers 6th Man -

Winning cures all ills..

16. LakerFanIam

LakerFanIam - Lakers 6th Man -

I don't have near the disdain for LeBron that I did for Malone when he joined the Lakers & he became one of my favorite Players on that 2004 Team.

17. sirronstuff

I actually admired Malone, and disliked him only because he was on the other side. Man's man. No flopping/whining BS. Hard nosed, dished it out, and could take it and back it up. Dude could have played much longer and passed Kareem if he wanted, but walked away to go do mountain man lumber stuff.

LLLLLLebron doesn't get immediately embraced because of the stuff that comes with him. He's the most naturally gifted basketball athlete ever, and he's supposed to dominate. Props for living up to his potential. It's unfair some of the expectations fans put on him (Like me) that say, "Well, he's no Kobe", but people with superior physical gifts never have to be as dedicated to get the most out of their talent to compete at a high level. I always used to say stuff like "if Shaq had Kobe's work ethic, there would be no records left"

If LLLLLL had Kobe's skill and heart and mentality, he'd be a full on game cheat code. Heck, he already is, but NOBODY with those physical tools who whines, cries, flops, cheats will EVER get the loyalty from fans as someone slightly less gifted who puts their heart into their craft. It will NEVER happen.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

but it makes for great emoji faces - all that whiny crap

18. gcclaker

gcclaker Moderator Staff Member

...then Scot Williams and our medical staff did him in. :(

19. 432J

432J - Lakers All Star -

huge difference between malone/lebron

malone played on a rival team for years so lakers fans had far more reason to hate him aside from just the tough, hard nosed way he played the game. not to mention the jazz eliminating the lakers from the playoffs in 97 and 98

the only reason lakers fans have to hate lebron is for the way he plays the game. could be because of how great he is, his flopping, whining, etc. could also be for his cocky persona and the endless comparisons to kobe. but he's played his entire career in the east and has never been a lakers rival like malone was

we all hated malone before he came to LA but i immediately became a huge fan (can't say the same about payton) guy embraced the triangle offense and tried his hardest to play through an injury that was handled in the worst way possible by the team

just by signing in LA without any other big names committed to joining him, its obvious lebron wants to be here and is willing to embrace his new role

raviator, Juronimo and Jaguar like this.
  20. Savory Griddles

Savory Griddles Moderator Staff Member

Malone was also a pedo.

432J, Juronimo and abeer3 like this.