LABron James Discussion: 21st Season - Setting New Standards

Discussion in 'Lakers Discussion' started by therealdeal, Jun 8, 2017.

1. abeer3

abeer3 - Lakers Legend -

i agree with everyone that zo improved and would be a good fit here, but he's not going to be available for what we're offering in any case.

2. LTLakerFan

LTLakerFan - Lakers Legend -

Any way to do Schroder sign and trade plus sweeten the deal with another player(s) and/or the 22nd pick? Within reason of course …. for Lonzo?

abeer3 likes this.
  3. Kenzo

Kenzo - Lakers All Star -

He won't make the 3's while playing for the Lakers. We need, Steph, Klay or prime Reggie to break that curse.

4. LTLakerFan

5. Barnstable

Barnstable Supreme Fuzzler of Lakersball.com Staff Member

Lonzo’s skill set would be perfect for this team, but I hated his attitude when he was here. Maybe that’s changed since he’s been gone, I don’t know.

abeer3 and TIME like this.
  6. 432J

432J - Lakers All Star -

i don't recall lonzo having an attitude problem in LA? the thing that bothers me is how he suddenly decided to change his entire shot and work on that once he got traded

yes, his shooting has improved but that was in NO where there's zero pressure on the team to do anything. i have zero doubt he'd regress back to lakers lonzo if he came back to LA under the bright lights

7. pika1708

pika1708 - Lakers Starter -

He surely is a good fit. Probably the best PG in this FA class apart from Lowry and CP3 if available.
    A S&T with Schroder would be perfect, not sure if it makes sense for the Pelicans.

Then bringing him back may pose some questions. I have some reservations and his game is not very consistent, I think it could go bad with all the pressure and media attention. There would be tons of comparison so I wouldn't risk it. Maybe in a few years when his game is established and he's more mature

8. Barnstable

Barnstable Supreme Fuzzler of Lakersball.com Staff Member

It was just the impression I got from him over the years. That he didn’t care THAT much about being the best. The impression I got was that he thought he was better than he was and that mentality made him unfocused. As if he could just skate by and be great. He had some glaring holes in his game, and I never heard anything about him doing much to fix them. He was the opposite of Caruso IMO.

IE Lakers, Savory Griddles and abeer3 like this.
  9. Khmrp

Khmrp - Lakers MVP -

i didn't like fact he didn't improve over the 2yrs he was here and was injury prone, he improved and reworked his form as soon as he got to Pelicans which was good for him but it showed he could've done it here but choose not to

10. OX1947

OX1947 - Lakers All Star -

Lonzo has zero business to be anywhere on this team. This is the same team that couldn't stay healthy and couldn't shoot for s***. And those are the only two things Lonzo has mastered since he has come to the NBA. No, thank you.

ElginTheGreat and Barnstable like this.
  11. abeer3

abeer3 - Lakers Legend -

this was my biggest beef with him (aside from the putrid shooting that was clearly a mental issue). people around here can't handle AD missing games, but lonzo has never come close to playing a full season.

ElginTheGreat and Barnstable like this.
  12. Juronimo

Juronimo - Lakers Starter -

plays with one's and zero's
    Lol damn you cold

tada, karacha, abeer3 and 1 other person like this.
  13. ElginTheGreat

ElginTheGreat - Lakers MVP -

14. The Rock

The Rock - Lakers Starter -

He can hide behind the health excuse (Granted its valid) but he's gotta do better in hitting jumpers, free throws and working on free throws/postups if he wants to still win a ring.

wcsoldier81 likes this.
  15. LTLakerFan

:Lebronwhat:

Every once in awhile since the season ended you come out with something like you missed his MVP worthy level of play prior to that injury. IMO.

Pioneer10 likes this.
  16. The Rock

The Rock - Lakers Starter -

Isn't that why guys like Kobe, Dirk and TD worked like crazy on their postups, footworks and Js? The older you get the more likely you're gonna get injured and the fundamentals will sustain you. He needs to evolve as a player if his expectation is to still win a ring.

Yes we need guys who can shoot around Lebron and space the floor but it is equally true that Lebron needs to step up his post up game/J's

17. LTLakerFan

I can't be the only person noticing that, while certainly not at the level of execution Kobe acquired for each and every one of his skills, Lebron has improved on, yes, his postups, footwork (improvement is there) and Js (you've missed his mastering of Dirk's step back, and fade away step back after juke from back to the basket attack, one legged J and much improved 3pt % over the years and certainly last year .... and evolvement as a player? Oh yeah, and, channeling Wilt, he led the league also in assists last (championship) year. Just sayin' ....

jbiggs and Juronimo like this.
  18. OX1947

OX1947 - Lakers All Star -

Lebron does a lot of stupid things, but he was the MVP before his ankle got taken out. He was playing hard and playing every game.

His injury was not age related. Maybe the healing process, sure, but this season was not his fault when it comes to basketball. Everything else, definitely a culprit in the creation of needing the season to start asap. Adam Silver is trying to save his league from the huge hole his players put him in. From a social standpoint, it may have done something, but from a business standpoint, its in a really bad area.

Savory Griddles and TIME like this.
  19. Pioneer10

Pioneer10 - Lakers All Star -

He's got a very strong post game right now. This is like a time warp of Lebron pre-Heat days. The whole Lebronto meme was because of a game where he just killed Toronto from the post. Lakers Film Room had a whole video on how his post game would help the Lakers when he signed

There are things he can work on: his much better going to the left shoulder fade away as mentioned in the video vs right shoulder. OTOH he's got a nice hook shot that he doesn't shoot enough IMO and the Dirk fadeaway have gotten better thru the years as shown by the Drummond mimicking fiasco. The numbers bear this out as he's 96% percentile in the league with points created per 75 possessions off post-ps
    upload_2021-6-20_23-45-22.png

The only real hole is in his offensive game other than inconsistent FT shooting iMO is the lack of a good mid range game off the dribble. I actually think he's great from the midrange with the Dirk fadeaway but for the life of me he's never developed a consistent pull up mid range jumper: he prefers to go hard to the rim or pass to a more open man. Not sure he'll change that as his game has been crafted to max out efficiency but I do think a pull up mid range jumper would really help as his athleticism and ability to the finish at the rime fades

Juronimo, TIME, ElginTheGreat and 3 others like this.
  20. BangBoomPow

BangBoomPow - Lakers Starter -

Nothing for LBJ to improve. He just has to stay healthy. That ankle injury ruined the Lakers. LeBron was leading the MVP race up until then. A healthy LeBron is still the best player in the game or at the very least, right up there with KD.

IE Lakers, JSM and lakerjones like this.