LABron James Discussion: Olympics MVP

Discussion in 'Lakers Discussion' started by therealdeal, Jun 8, 2017.

1. Weezy

Weezy Moderator Staff Member

I can’t imagine the final 2 years would be here considering Rob and Jeanie have moved on from the LeBron/AD era already and have moved on to developing youth. Not sure what team he could take a massive pay cut to contend with though.

abeer3 likes this.
  2. abeer3

abeer3 - Lakers Legend -

he could opt in and ask for a trade. jeanie would do it, imo. we wouldn't get a great return, but we'd get more than if he just walked, probably.

LakeShowAZ likes this.
  3. Weezy

I suppose so, it’s possible I mean. It would just drastically limit his options as far as contending goes, because anywhere we send him would have to send 52 mil in salary or however close to it necessary to make it work, and that would either gut a team of depth or take at least one or 2 really good players off the roster. If he really wants to contend he’d have to sign for like MLE or less (unless some team frees up extra space like around 20 mil) most likely and that just seems silly, can’t see him doing it. I guess he’d have to choose between finishing his career as a Laker and making a lot of money, or contending elsewhere for a lot less, depends if he’s trying to buy an NBA franchise or something I suppose. Whatever happens it will be interesting to follow if nothing else.

4. LTLakerFan

LTLakerFan - Lakers Legend -

Top Poster Of Month

Respectfully disagree again about they’ve moved on from LeBron/AD era. Do you not consider at all injuries we’re waiting on with Vando and Wood a couple key players, or the improvement that will be on display almost guaranteed from within from Christie and Reaves and Hachimura and finally having Vincent healthy, as well as the improvement most assuredly with the coaching situation …. plus the improvement in areas of need with the luck of adding Knecht, a probable ROY candidate, Koloko who was better than Hayes 2 years ago about to arrive to give AD some serious help, and POA defender and 3 point volume 40% shooting Olivari with also a 23 year old NBA ready body like Knecht … all now on this year’s roster to support LeBron and AD. IMO with the new coach who will properly utilize what he has available on the roster WHEN it is complete and healthy again …. it’s a much improved roster already over what we had last year that returned from having made the Western Conference Finals the previous season, before the key role player injuries and Ham’s mishandling of the roster torpedo’d it. The loss of Prince and Dinwiddie more than offset by the growth of Christie and arrival of Knecht and Vincent back healthy.

ALL without having given up even one pick or made a trade yet at a more advantaged time. We’re going to be a good 10 guys deep when our guys are all back.

Vando and Wood not being ready to go isn’t ideal but if they make it back in a month or two they will be valuable with how JJ will scheme for them. If they were ready now how is this roster a commitment to youth? The only thing lacking so far is the 280 lb big man but 7’1” 230lb athletic rim protector and mobile defender Koloko should help greatly when AD sits or with him on the floor.

Last edited: Oct 22, 2024 at 6:13 PM
  5. Weezy

Rob literally signed NO ONE this offseason, he drafted players, that’s it. Hey traded no end of bench players along with even 2nd rounders in order to improve this roster. We are literally one of maybe 2-3 teams that made no moves in the entire league. If that doesn’t signal you have given up on trying to contend with a particular group or particular stars I don’t know what on earth would. I’m not going to argue this, to anyone with eyes it is an objective truth. Rob and Jeanie have given up with this group, they won’t put any assets into to make it better or help it contend. They won’t make a trade unless it’s for a star, Rob has said this, which doesn’t mean helping this group contend, it means looking BEYOND LeBron to the next guy.

I didn’t editorialize, I didn’t say this is good or bad, I just stated it as the fact it is. I am resigned to it, Rob made his only moves to get off Westbrook and he hasn’t made any of consequence since, that’s his right as the President of Basketball Operations and GM rolled into one, but it is what it is. I didn’t make my comment asking to be told for the 1000th time why you still think this team is a contender, I don’t care man, again, I have eyes, I can see we we aren’t, I just watched multiple guys we have under real contracts and may have to play if a few more injuries happen get embarrassed by almost 60 in a preseason game. I wouldn’t be surprised if we start off 0-5 or 2-7, we don’t have a good roster, if we did we wouldn’t be so caught up in how we use our 2-way contracts, they’d be almost inconsequential. I’m just going to watch this year to see how Knect develops, to see if Max and Austin can make leaps, to see if Gabe can stay healthy and contribute, to watch AD in his prime and LeBron before he’s gone, that’s it. I have no title aspirations, I have no playoff expectations, the FO has thrown in the towel before this season even started, and I will match their energy. I’m really not sure why my realism about this team bothers you so much, your optimism about them doesn’t affect me at all.

6. sirronstuff

sirronstuff - Lakers Legend -

Your time is running out Ham
    shut yo mutha ************** pie hole sir

7. LTLakerFan

LTLakerFan - Lakers Legend -

Top Poster Of Month

Nobody wanted DLO or the END of the bench guys. I’m saying the current roster most certainly including Knecht and getting Vincent back from the dead and counting Vando and Wood back at some point (we’re not the only team with injuries) is BETTER than last year’s returning team from the WCF whether they’ve made a trade yet or not.

sk2408 and D-Fish Man like this.
  8. JSM

JSM - Lakers Legend -

Really cool moment. Congrats James and James.

And the world didn't end and it didn't ruin our chances in the game. I'm shocked.

On Bron's play: he better be glad this is the headline tonight. I didn't think he was very good out there. I know he was pacing himself some and with AD being at that level, we didn't have to have more out of him.

Last edited: Oct 22, 2024 at 10:25 PM
    lakerjones and LTLakerFan like this.
  9. sirronstuff

What if he is choosing to take a step back this year, and this is exhibit 1?

10. Pioneer10

Pioneer10 - Lakers All Star -

He definitely looks older out there.
    Looks like more like Olympic James where he is transitioning more to the LePG mode with the offense being run by a bunch of Lakers around him.

11. gcclaker

gcclaker Moderator Staff Member

If James buys into the Redick's system...maybe he won't feel the need to play hero ball when matters get dicey on the floor.

12. pika1708

pika1708 - Lakers Starter -

Yeah, it was a game where it was visible he was a bit behind physically comparing to his standards. He missed 2 or 3 layups just for lack of energy/power to bring the ball up enough.

He's also in preseason yet and should improve during the season. I think he will also manage his energy until March.

I'm fine with that if we're healthy. AD is in his peak and should average over 30. DLo, Reaves and Rui have no reason not to average around 20 in today's NBA. Bron is still the smartest player on the court and draws a lot of attention, so he's still able to be impactful.
    Hopefully he still has top15 play come playoff time

13. KuzmoBall17

KuzmoBall17 - Lakers Starter -

14. sirronstuff

LTLakerFan likes this.
  15. sk2408

sk2408 - Rookie -

Not at all worried about LeBron. I remember thinking on opening night of the 2021-2022 season that he looked slower and didn’t have any lift. Fast forward 5 months and I was at the game against the Warriors when he dropped 50 lol. It takes him a little bit to ramp up.

Also, I do think he’s going to defer to AD and DLo/Austin more this year. They’ve said before the last like 4 seasons that they wanted AD to take the torch from LeBron, but I think Redick is actually going to do it (it helps to have LeBron’s buy-in, which Ham and to a lesser extent Vogel did not).