LABron James Discussion: 21st Season - Setting New Standards

Discussion in 'Lakers Discussion' started by therealdeal, Jun 8, 2017.

1. GlickenGoshDebate Tactics

GlickenGoshDebate Tactics Guest

He ignores coaches if he can. In almost every championship team the coach is in charge or at least has a lot of respect from the best players.

2. vasashi17

vasashi17 LB's Resident Capologist

^^^ GGDT - So instead of ignoring, you would rather LaBron be laser-focused in on the coach?

[​IMG]

Not sure if you knew, but LaBron has had 6 coaches (I had to look it up myself)....and what "championship" coach has he had, where he ignored him? Silas and Malone were fired at the end of losing seasons. Then Mike Brown comes in and coaches for 5 seasons. Cleveland gets bounced in the Semi-finals, Bron bounces to Miami and Brown gets chik-fil-a'd. Bron won with Spoels in Miami, comes back to Cleveland and this is where its insinuated that Blatt got coach killed by Bron. However we never hear from Blatt again. So a championship coach he probably is not. He's won with Ty Lue and Spoels. I would classify Pop, PJax and Riles as true championship coaches....LaBron hasn't played for anybody of that caliber. Till he ignores a coach of that status, I ain't sweating it. He won a title after being down 1-3 with a rookie coach....so getting one with Luke (who had a ridiculous 34-3 record with Kerr out and is a true player's coach) has a good chance of happening if we nab him next summer. Also note that Luke has dealt with strong personalities like Kobe and PJax....coaching Bron is something he'll know how to do.

John3:16 likes this.
  3. KRL

KRL - Lakers 6th Man -

The biggest question is not if LBJ is coming. It’s who will he bring with him? I like PG because if versatility and defense. But if Lakers can free up $80mm let’s get LBJ Russ and PG split it evenly

4. GlickenGoshDebate Tactics

Spo is good as he proved without him and he could rely on Pat Riley backing him. If Pat does not come down on Spo's side Spo gets screwed. Blatt was up for the NY coaching gig, i am not sure if he won't coach NBA again, we will see. Pop respects him, Carslile respects him and there is no reason to fire a winning coach which Lebron did. I guarantee you none of the best coaches will have kind words toward Lue when he gets fired. They said they need improve chemistry. The first game with no Blatt these crybabies could not hit their free throws!!!!!!!! They could not do the stuff anyone can learn who has 2 healthy arms.:dwightcrying:

5. sirronstuff

sirronstuff - Lakers Legend -

Your time is running out Ham
    that clip makes LLLLLebron look like a douche. I like it. :Noddingyes:

6. LTLakerFan

LTLakerFan - Lakers Legend -

Yeah ..... he's a douche ..... but he's going to be our douche now?

[​IMG]

7. GlickenGoshDebate Tactics

Being a LeBron type douche has bigger price in the Alpha Conference.

8. vasashi17

vasashi17 LB's Resident Capologist

I should leave it alone...I really should, but now I gotta evoke my inner douche just to make a point.

You know what's douche? Cheating on your wife (and in some cases, with child)....Magic's done it, Shaq's done it, Kobe's done it, Worthy's done it....all Laker Legends and 3 of them Laker Lifers. What's douche is ratting your teammate out to the cops and having a case loom over not only you but your entire team for the entire year (still making the Finals is a testament to how good that man and that team really was). What's douche is thinking you can do it on your own in a team sport, and having some contribution to not only ousting out a champion teammate, but also a champion coach after 4 Finals appearances, 3 title wins in 5 years. What's douche is your careless actions off the court affecting your longevity and your health as a Laker on the court and the health and longevity of your loved ones off the court (one of the saddest days ever for me personally...and based off the Allstar game, dude still had plenty of fight in him). What's douche is enjoying your summer instead of improving, while getting surgery and resting and recovering from your injuries on "company time", as your teammates bust their a**** to get you into the playoffs so that you can win another Finals MVP. All these things that our own guys did, not only hurt themselves, their families and their teammates, but also hurt our very own Lakers legacy. Simply put, titles were not realized and our own favorite Lakers did it to us.

What's douche is when your personal actions affect your teammates, your franchise and your fan base. You guys want to complain about LaBron being a douche, when the kid has been in the public spotlight since he was a high schooler and hasn't really hurt himself, his family, his team with off court douchery. Dude probably cheats and takes steroids....dude probably got Blatt fired....dude probably ran Delonte West out cause he messed around with his mom...dude put us all through "The Decision"....dude has a "Chosen1" tat...dude wants us to call him Da Kang...dude made me join the witness protection program....dude got powder all over the place....and I'm sure there's more. But then go check out what your favorite player has done, and there's a good chance its far worse and much more douchey than his royal Bronnes.

Its assumed that Kob dogged the second half of Game 7 vs the Suns in 2006 (Lakers ended up choking away a 3-1 series lead) just to prove a point that the FO needed to get him better teammates and to "appease" Phil to playing more within the offense. So you think I care if Bron (and his teammates...lets not act like it was Bron alone in this mutiny) had an agenda against Blatt in a regular season game, when literally Kobe tuned out the most winningest coach in a game 7 of a playoff game? And especially when you look at the result - winning a title right away with coach Lue...I'm thinking getting Blatt axed was no different than Magic getting Westhead fired...again, look at the results.

Due to social media, we have a league that is much more transparent and players can't really hide their douchery as a result. They will be micro-scrutinized compared to their previous generation counterparts. So you can only imagine what our favorite players of yesteryear have done that hasn't been brought to the light of public scrutiny and douchdemnation.

Also, in terms of LaBron being long overdue a debilitating injury...you never know, but I have to disagree. First of all, you all know that I believe the league is ridiculously soft these days. What's called a flagrant 2 in today's game was deemed an aggressive hug in yesteryear's game (decreasing rough play). When you had Kobe wanting to be "the man" and lead a team without Shaq, a fellow superstar....in today's game, all the stars want to be buddy buddy and form superteams (no overexerting yourself and relying on others for help). The hand check rule is gone (not overexerting yourself on offense)...good defense these days is holding your opponents around 100 points (not overexerting yourself on defense)...back to backs have been eliminated (not overexerting yourself period)...and the East is a joke that just got even funnier (LaBron in particular is minimizing oxerexertion).

LaBron treads through this soft landscape and in spite of this being his 15th season with several consecutive prolonged postseason appearances and summer basketball commitments, dude has always taken care of his body. Remember that while Kobe limped and shuffled his way to the line to shoot free throws on a torn Achilles, LaBron would take multiple days/games off to rest a sore thumb. Dude has exploited the softness of today's game and used it to his advantage and to prolong his career. You never can expect a key injury, but he's done the things necessary to prolong his career into his late 30s. Plus I hear dudes on drugs anyways...so he'll cheat his way into proper playing health. No worries...

Juronimo, Kenzo, tada and 6 others like this.
  9. LTLakerFan

It's your's and realdeal's sensible and often brilliant posts (like above) on presenting the positive about LBJ coming, along with the new PG situation creating new questions that has caused me to semi come around in my thinking. Check new sig. Still going to laugh and give props though to everything on sirron's new site.

:Laugh:

Last edited: Sep 26, 2017
    Juronimo, therealdeal and sirronstuff like this.
  10. sirronstuff

Excellent post. Lots of good points you bring up. No one is perfect, but that has never been the issue. There are levels of douchiness everyone can stand, and he exceeds all federal guidelines for healthy exposure.

The only way to truly defend yourself from this contagion is to increase your vital body defenses with healthy amounts of anger, disgust, and hate. (Public Service Announcement: Please visit www.ihatelebron.com )

All of the other players you mentioned were able to be loved by their fan base because they also brought so much joy and came through on the biggest stages. They also weren't cheaters. LLLLLebron's nuts shrink in crunch time, and the joy he provides is unable to outshine the shadow cast by his extreme douchiness. Without a closer on his team, he's just that big mouthy Whiney steroid pumped flopper with great empty stats in a weak conference that everyone loves to hate.

Thank the Lord we now have a site to remind us of how big a douche LLLLLebron James is. PSA: visit www.ihatelebron.com

That being said....

You're a douche

:Fishwink:(Bro code violator douche wink)

Last edited: Sep 26, 2017
  11. LTLakerFan

:Headbang:

sirronstuff likes this.
  12. therealdeal

therealdeal Moderator Staff Member

LeBron is no Kobe, but he's got 3 rings and last season performed as well as anyone ever has in the Finals. The fans who root for the Cavs love him and the fans who rooted for the Heat loved him too.

13. Barnstable

Barnstable Supreme Fuzzler of Lakersball.com Staff Member

Nah

TIME, Weezy and ZenMaster like this.
  14. Barnstable

Nah

15. Barnstable

I felt like being a douch today

LTLakerFan likes this.
  16. sirronstuff

Kobe always put his balls on the line, and always has. From the time he was 17. He won the dunk contest and wasn't afraid of failure. Lebron never had those kinds of balls. Kobe ALWAYS took game winning shots, and they opponents knew it and still couldn't stop him. LLLLLebron passes the ball in crunch time (Most of the time)

Kobe never flopped or cheated to get fouls.

LLLLLebron finally has come through on the biggest stages, but without a closer, we all know he only has 1 ring. and it required a super team.

There is no denying he is great. Doesn't mean I don't hate him. And it doesn't mean I want him on my team. I can't watch basketball and hurl at the same time.

LTLakerFan likes this.
  17. therealdeal

therealdeal Moderator Staff Member

I already said LeBron was no Kobe. :D The rest of this is just hate for the sake of hate.

I'm going to go the opposite way. As of today, you've turned me into a LeBron fan boy because hate always comes back to haunt you. I hope you're happy with yourself. You too @Barnstable .

#ComeHomeKing

LTLakerFan and Barnstable like this.
  18. sirronstuff

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG]

:Laugh::Laugh::Laugh:

Oh, I have reasons. They are all rational, and I have never detested an NBA player as a person more. It's not about him as a player. Please view evidence over at www.ihatelebron.com
    :Fishwink:

TIME, LTLakerFan and Barnstable like this.
  19. Barnstable

Watch LLLLLabron flirt with signing with the Lakers for a few weeks next off season, then sign with another team, leaving us having missed out on every other FA... you'll all be back to hating him.
    :Noddingyes::Laugh:

LTLakerFan and sirronstuff like this.
  20. Barnstable

But seriously, you've all represented your pro-LLLLLabron side of things well, and I hope we've represented our anti-LLLLLabron position as well.

LTLakerFan and sirronstuff like this.