LABron James Discussion: Will Take Discount For Right Scenario

Discussion in 'Lakers Discussion' started by therealdeal, Jun 8, 2017.

1. Slick2021

Slick2021 - Lakers All Star -

Nah brother..we have player issues too. None of the "experts" you guys like to quote..think that the Lakers have some kind of great roster LT.
    Who? Shams,Woj, Stephen A, Bua wack a**
    Who thinks this roster was great?

Flipside, we ain't trash either

Hell I thought Lebron and AD would be enough with what we had. No..that's no longer true. Hate to agree with Abeer on that one.

They need more help, not just some magic coach, that Lebron is going to ignore, like pretty much, every other coach he's ever had.

The problem is..he's still better by a large amount than any other player on the team besides AD. Lol

2. LTLakerFan

LTLakerFan - Lakers Legend -

Sure no roster is perfect. But we just lost a 5 game series to the defending champs missing a key defender or two in Vando and (big maybe Cam might have been of some use and even Wood if both hadn’t missed all the time) and lost in total by 11 points. And led …. what 3/4 of the time in the games? No matter how you spin it about Ham he sucked and was our single biggest problem this year. And never said we don’t need a couple key pieces other than Trae. But he said we’re dumpster diving because of LeBron. No that was when we had Westbrook’s salary too.

3. Slick2021

Actually sounds like he did a hell of job considering the things you just listed. And he had Rui disappear on him, and he was saddled with a starter PG, that s*** the bed 10 games in row. A guy nobody around here thinks that anybody else wants.

That sounds like a hell of coaching job to me. Read what you posted again. Are you sure that's evidence of NOT being able to coach?

4. LTLakerFan

5. Slick2021

Seriously..Ham gotta make shots for Rui now too? Come on man..SMH..you guys are tripping.

6. Toklat

Toklat - Lakers Starter -

LeBron can still rack up the stats, no doubt about that. My concerns are that he can do that while coasting through the regular season, the others guys can't, but they follow his example, which leads to our crappy record, playins/low seedings and this year, early elimination. I'm not sure we will ever see if AD can be a true number one as long as he plays with LeBron. AD starts winning games in the fourth qtrs some of the spotlight comes off LeBron and shines on AD. Totally unacceptable to LeBron's self-proclained goat status. AD does need to step up and demand the ball more, he isn't blameless.

7. LTLakerFan

Seriously Ham wasn’t a problem? Come on man …. SMH …. you’re doing, as always, your pet devil’s advocate “bit” for the obviously indefensible … same as you did with Westbrook.

8. Slick2021

The other guys simply aren't that good Toklat. The season is over, let's take our gold tinted shades off for a minute. We paid these other kids so that THEY could step up during the season. We still needed a 39 year old Lebron to be competitive. It is what it is.​

PurpleAndGold88 likes this.
  9. Slick2021

Westbrook ain't here bro, stop flailing around, trying to fall back on that.Ham wasn't perfect, no coach is, player either.
    He did his job IMO. Put the team in a position to win the game, if they execute. Did that in all 9 playoffs games against Denver. At some point you have to start looking at the guys wearing the jerseys man.

Our two Superstars first, then the role players. They were coming up short all season. You know James was behind the scenes pushing trades, that means he wasn't satisfied with the players.

I saw not one article, saying one time about Lebron, going to Rob asking for a coaching change.

10. Slick2021

It sucks..because I like a few guys that might get moved. This is a cold business though.

11. LTLakerFan

No but you are here still defending the fatally flawed performances of two individuals on your own little island for whatever kick you get out of that, and were proven wrong on Russ as he IS now less than an even mini mid-level player if that. And as much as Jeanie herself didn’t want to do it … your many times stated Ham won’t be fired proclamations too will prove you WRONG yet again because in spite of her mid season support it’s absolutely necessary. You do that act well though … props.

:ADeyesonyouleft:

12. PurpleAndGold88

PurpleAndGold88 - Lakers 6th Man -

If the roster has no respect for the coach they are going to suck ! Stop beating the dead horse JEANIE ! LeBron is old and AD is made of glass and the supporting casts are scrubs . Kobe would ship all these scrubs out of town and demanded a trade, but typical LeBron practicing his future coaching career mixing and matching bunch of scrubs thinking he did it in CLE he can do it here too . I couldn’t care less how many more yrs LeBron will play . This team has become the laughing stock of the league and LeGM has a lot to do with it

13. abeer3

abeer3 - Lakers Legend -

what i'm confused about by slick's argument is that he expects that jeanie is going to suddenly become paul allen from the jailblazers era. and even if she wanted to, back then, there weren't roster-building penalties for being way over the tax.

like--you can't aggregate salaries in trade if you're over a certain level. you can't take back more money in trade, etc.

so while i was in favor of keeping beasley and bamba's salary slots, at some point, even that loses value.

14. Slick2021

@ LT.

Not exactly..I didn't think we were going to do jack, without Lebron and AD period. I considered Westbrook to be a sideshow, said that over 100 times. I did think that it was amusing, that everyone hated Russ.

Ham on the other hand, that's different. I'm not a "Hey this coach is the s***", type of guy. They all get fired sooner or later.
    It's the players more than anything IMO. Still...you don't string wins together in high pressure situations, down the stretch, when everyone is also trying to win, if you don't have a clue. If that's the case, the HC is totally irrelevant. Unless he's losing a bunch of games down the stretch. That means that the team quit on him.

Same thing applies to them all, at the end of the day..they are all chess pieces on the big board. Some guys stick around longer than others, but eventually they will all be gone.

I don't get overly attached, to any of them. Except Kareem, Kobe's death hit hard, I was very fond of Magic, the hiv thing hit hard, Norm Nixon too..he stole my girl. Phylisha Rashad. Well.. if I had ever ran into her in Houston first! Her sister Debbie Allen was a badie too.

I digress..Fire Ham..hell..Rob too. I'll still be here rooting for the next one. And defending some, that I think are getting dumped on. Except D'Angelo

I'm a homer, but I ain't blind. I'm pragmatic

PurpleAndGold88 likes this.
  15. PurpleAndGold88

PurpleAndGold88 - Lakers 6th Man -

Soooo let me get this straight you actually think LeBron took a NO from FO when he offered a trade ? No way Jose ! LeBron was the main force that FO didn’t make a single deal . We live and die by LeBron !

16. Slick2021

Not at 10M man. I wasn't talking about paying them guys 30M or something. That's 20M more , that we could have used in a trade.

I would expect that Jeanie wouldn't have a problem being in the top 5 in spending on occasion. Even if it was until James retired, I just don't get the big picture here.

I woke up angry, we are out of the playoffs, I guess this is just a delayed reaction.

abeer3 and PurpleAndGold88 like this.
  17. Slick2021

Lol..Lebron was on national TV, saying that his son, would get burn on this team. He doesn't care about these guys feelings. Most of them were in elementary school, when he first came into the League. Some guys weren't even born yet.

He's still kicking a** and plotting roster moves. I don't think he cares about getting coaches fired either. He wanted Pat to go sit down somewhere. Tried to punk Spolestra at every opportunity. He's Kobe like in some respects.

He likes to joke and play around for the cameras. Dude left Miami and never even told his best buddy D Wade, he was leaving. That guy is ruthless.

18. sirronstuff

sirronstuff - Lakers Legend -

Your time is running out Ham
    Narcissists gonna narcissist.

19. LTLakerFan

LOL “Slick” is the right name for you here same reason it was not in a good way for “Slick Willie”. Dodge and evade. The Lakers record with him here has NOT a thing to do with what we have always talked about … his now crappy play and attitude in the league and THAT is why he’s worth bottom tier wages now.

20. Slick2021

So? What does that matter to us? (Lakers). His contract was a large enough, to flip into an elite talent, and we whiffed on the opportunity. He's a first ballot HOF, my problem is that, we may only end up with Jarred Vanderbilt to show for that 47M contract we acquired. That's just bad business. You guys said that nobody wanted Westbrook, well, someone wanted his contract.