JJ Redick Discussion: New Lakers Head Coach!

Discussion in 'Lakers Discussion' started by Bryant, Jun 20, 2024.

1. abeer3

abeer3 - Lakers Legend -

Top Poster Of Month

sounds like ham not playing max and playing prince more than rui were not things ownership enjoyed.

2. sirronstuff

sirronstuff - Lakers Legend -

Your time is running out Ham
    Guyz, it’s a marathon, not a sprint.

LTLakerFan likes this.
  3. PurpleAndGold88

PurpleAndGold88 - Lakers 6th Man -

4. KareemtheGreat33

KareemtheGreat33 - Lakers MVP -

Brow-beater
    I noted this before and confirmed later on by team sources, the idiot saw himself in Prince and as if he himself was playing… :Laugh: vicariously Is the word

abeer3 likes this.
  5. KuzmoBall17

KuzmoBall17 - Lakers Starter -

In an interview with Petros and Money on AM 570 LA Sports, Lakers owner Jeanie Buss spoke on the hiring of Redick for the first time and why she has already been impressed with him and his staff:

“We wanted to kind of think a different way. Really, he’s got a vision. I’m not comfortable talking about the basketball stuff, but we were looking for a candidate that would bring something different. And really invest in developing young players. JJ is the right person for us. Again, I just want to work to really speak for itself. So I don’t want to hype it and say it’s gonna be a home run. We have to give him time to establish what he wants to establish. I’m really impressed with his staff. Right now, it’s not mandatory for the players to come in and practice but players are coming in and working out. The coaching staff with Nate McMillan and Scotty Brooks, there’s a lot of experience that will be there for him to make that adjustment to being a head coach. Certainly a 12-year career in the league, he’s got a lot of experience. He knows what this league is about and I think he’ll be a great leader.”

Author

Daniel Starkand

After the Los Angeles Lakers decided to part ways with head coach Darvin Ham, they made an outside-the-box hiring to replace him with JJ Redick.

Redick has never coached at any level other than his kids’ youth games, and that is a big risk for a team looking to win championships right away while LeBron James and Anthony Davis are still playing at a high level.

Despite the lack of coaching experience though, Redick is still known to have a very high basketball IQ, as he showed in his time with the media.

Redick made it a priority to surround himself with a lot of experience, including a pair of former head coaches in Nate McMillan and Scott Brooks.

While Buss stays out of the way and lets Rob Pelinka make basketball decisions for the organization, she obviously signed off on Redick as head coach so he must have impressed her throughout the interview process.

It also helps that Redick is close friends with James so seemingly will be getting a buy-in from him and Davis from day one. If the Lakers are gonna get back into championship contention then Redick will need to play a huge role in that, and the good thing is that everyone is starting off on the same page.

Lakers offseason workouts featuring more live basketball under JJ Redick
    With training camp on the horizon, a lot of Lakers players have been working out at the facility with JJ Redick and the rest of the coaching staff monitoring them.

And one change compared to years passed is that workouts as reportedly featuring more live basketball as Redick already seems to be making his imprint in the building.

6. PurpleAndGold88

7. LTLakerFan

LTLakerFan - Lakers Legend -

C’mon …. here we go again?

That dude with the comments “is” a joke with those takes as if Redick controls what did or didn’t happen with roster movement this off season.

PurpleAndGold88 and abeer3 like this.
  8. abeer3

abeer3 - Lakers Legend -

Top Poster Of Month

the hoop genius penciling in moses brown as a starting center in the nba. my god who gives these people a platform?

sirronstuff, PurpleAndGold88 and TIME like this.
  9. pika1708

pika1708 - Lakers Starter -

Ahahahahah right? Social media gave too many people too much entitlement to share an opinion

sirronstuff and PurpleAndGold88 like this.
  10. PurpleAndGold88

I am not dissing jj I just need him to be REAL not to BLOW SMOKE up our a****, haven’t done anything and with this mediocre roster he is promising titles . Just be humble , thank Jesus lord cross whatever the f he worships that you ( without any experience) got lucky and got this job. It’s smug like him that less fortunate ones hate him .

he sits in front of the camera and says ( kids watching) I don’t give a F what “ haters” think, so apparently home boy has a lots of “ haters” who truly believe he got the job because of The politics behind it .

why can’t this a hole just be humble and Gain respect of the people who truly think he is trash and Politics played a major role In his hiring .

dude just be chill, chances are you’ll be fired In midseason or after the season. And I am not even talking about all the stupid sht he has said in the past . He acts like an entitled a hole f***ing GOAT PJ never acted like this

EDIT

Anyways I am don’t wanna talk about my negative posts about the guy, I am not trying to troll or stir the pot , just my 2 cents about the guy, anyways sorry if I upset you, so I’ll be vanished for the rest of the day .

peace in da Middle East :)

Last edited: Aug 24, 2024
  11. LTLakerFan

Maybe I missed it …. can you give me a quote from anywhere he “is promising titles”?

PurpleAndGold88 likes this.
  12. KuzmoBall17

13. karacha

karacha Moderator Staff Member

He never promised titles. You are confusing him with LeBron. Who, to be fair, always delivered.

14. wallangong

wallangong - Lakers 6th Man -

JJ: Gives a sound analysis on proper player development.

Purp: let me quote some nobody moron on Twitter talking about Moses Brown as Center to push my anti-JJ agenda.

Welcome back. Really looking forward to more of these takes.

15. KuzmoBall17

It's guy who wrote this article said that they're contenders

Redick has never coached at any level other than his kids’ youth games, and that is a big risk for a team looking to win championships right away while LeBron James and Anthony Davis are still playing at a high level.

16. PurpleAndGold88

Have a great day dudes & duddettes

see y’all later 700B9B78-491A-4DDA-A42D-51B594F22313.jpeg

LTLakerFan likes this.
  17. KuzmoBall17

18. LTLakerFan

Got me! :p :clap:

Though expecting / striving for is somewhat different than promising and if some allusion to that goal hadn’t been made during his introductory presser…. there would have been a meltdown from the ring is the only thing crowd. I don’t doubt for a second it will be a goal if at all humanly possible with the luck of health and LeBron and AD on the roster …. same as every year. Within the realistic monetary constraints of the organization. IMO. ;)

19. karacha

karacha Moderator Staff Member

I am not sure that "I promise championship(s)" and "Expectation with Lakers is to win championships" is the same thing though. I mean, we all know what the expectations are. The reality is different though, LOL.

Now, if he'd said "...not one, not two, not three..." at the press conference... :Laugh:

20. PurpleAndGold88

When you have LeBron & AD on your team( even thought he way passed his prime ) and AD can’t stay healthy, there are no “ rebuilding years”. Every yr LeBron is trying to catch MJ . So I read some of you guys said this is a rebuilding process and perfect way for jj to learn and build up HC experience.