Is This The Lakers Championship To Lose?

Discussion in 'Lakers Discussion' started by The Rock, Sep 19, 2020.

1. The Rock

The Rock - Lakers Starter -

I know we want to take it one game at a team and one series at a time but when I look at the big picture they match up so well with the remaining teams. I felt Boston might be the hardest of the 3 remaining since they beat us badly the last time we were up in Beantown. But they're down 0-2 with Heat playing very confidently.

Lakers should be able to roll with the 2 big lineups against the remaining teams which plays to our advantage.

With the bad matchups like Clippers and Bucks eliminated, Lakers should be the clear favorites right,?

Last edited: Sep 19, 2020
  2. Kenzo

Kenzo - Lakers All Star -

Way to jinx us... like Barkley wasn't enough.

3. The Rock

The Rock - Lakers Starter -

Fan discussion in a forum like this has no impact on how players perform on the court. You're welcome to participate in the discussion to agree or disagree I'm game. And besides whats the point of a fan forum if we can't talk about these things?

4. OX1947

OX1947 - Lakers All Star -

Lakers are going to win the title this year. We can put the jinx BS to bed at this point.

SamsonMiodek likes this.
  5. lakerjones

lakerjones Moderator Staff Member

One game at a time. But yes I will put it that it’s the Lakers championship to Win. We have the best team going forward. That said I don’t take Denver or the Eastern Conference champs for granted, especially Miami. I think they match up best with us of the remaining teams.

6. Weezy

Weezy Moderator Staff Member

Yes, it is absolutely ours to lose. The Lakers are clearly the best team remaining in the bubble, they’re the 1 seed in the West, media love of the Clippers and Bucks aside and the the narrative that they were unbeatable, clearly that wasn’t true. Is this team perfect? Hell no, it will not be an easy thing to complete. IF healthy though, we are the favorites, and it will simply be on our guys to continue to rise to expectations and close the deal. At the start of bubble play I said this team has as much chance as any other to win the title though, and I stand by that, I personally expect us to win it all now, and anything else will indeed be a disappointment, again, if we remain healthy. LeBron and and AD are already consistently rising to the occasion though, I feel incredibly comfortable with LeBron in the driver’s seat here, very much like I did in the Kobe, or even Shaq days, and almost all the role players on this team not named Danny Green have also been excellent.

7. Helljumper

Helljumper - Lakers All Star -

Student
    You’re not wrong, but I get the “don’t jynx it” take as well. It’s just a weird fan thing. I won’t celebrate too early. If we’re losing momentum I’ll go to a different room. To be honest I even considered shaving my beard after the Lakers lost Game 1 to Houston in solidarity against Harden :D

Doesn’t mean we’re not free to actually discuss it because deep down I know it’s not that serious.

Because yeah, if we are to discuss it, we are the clear favorites right now. As much as we want to clown the Clippers, they (and Milwaukee to an extent) were the only teams I ever felt threatened by.

Miami, Boston, and Denver are good teams. Matchups against them will not be a cakewalk. But we absolutely should beat them, and anything otherwise would be a disappointment.

I almost feel like this is an unspoken sentiment amongst the fanbase right now. Personally, I can already feel I have too much of my emotional and mental well-being riding on these playoffs. Which I don’t like, so I’m trying to temper my expectations and take it one game at a time... but boy if we win, I’m gonna have to warn anyone on my social media to unfollow me because I’m going to be joyously ranting for weeks!

8. LTLakerFan

LTLakerFan - Lakers Legend -

KareemtheGreat33 likes this.
  9. KareemtheGreat33

KareemtheGreat33 - Lakers MVP -

Brow-beater
    Yup, at least our players are not doing what the Clippers player were doing believing what Lee Jenkins were spreading to the media but yeah.... Jinxboy! :ADGlance: