Assistant Coach Search: Who Now?

Discussion in 'Lakers Discussion' started by VladeD714, Apr 30, 2024.

1. LTLakerFan

LTLakerFan - Lakers Legend -

Reading more about his family and 2 sons and wife’s role, while “not being a big basketball fan” …. she’s involved every year with his players making them more comfortable away from home. Sons are 22 and 23 with the youngest having finished his senior season on the UConn team, not an integral player. Do they still live at home and would they too be up for the big move and change in life. After reading this quote yeah … doesn’t sound like if the whole family isn’t behind it he would take the job.

I don’t have a lot of friends, to be honest. Andrea and my boys are who I have, and they’re my world,” Dan told FOX Sports in January 2023.

2. 52years

52years - Rookie -

Like I said Dan isn’t making the decision his wife is.Who was brought out first for an “interview “ Dan or his wife? That’s all you need to know on the subject

LTLakerFan likes this.
  3. OX1947

OX1947 - Lakers MVP -

No.

4. abeer3

abeer3 - Lakers Legend -

feel like this guy is mad now and may be sad soon.

i really don't care that much, as i'm not sold that hurley's the next popovich or whatever.

i'm going to be surprised if we don't him, tbh. could totally happen, but i just think it's hard to get this far down the road and not finish the job, for both parties. if he goes back to uconn, this will just keep happening, with different teams, imo. once you've decided you can leave, you will, imo.

also, there's a reasonable chance we try to make him the highest paid coach in the nba.

Cookie and Pioneer10 like this.
  5. KuzmoBall17

KuzmoBall17 - Lakers Starter -

I don't follow college ball ,but they all mad lol and don't think that he offered 100 millions from Connecticut
    Kentucky University also offered Hurley 8 years and $ 100 million. So he will get about the same amount, and I will be surprised if he accepts the offer from the Lakers team, which requires a lot of work
    https://x.com/AmicoHoops/status/1799460061515059499

6. 52years

52years - Rookie -

Compelling argument

7. Cookie

Cookie The Dame of Doom Staff Member

I think he comes and is a better option than JJ. Bron wants JJ so he can walk all over him. Although no coach is going to tell Bron exactly what to do, there’s a better chance of Hurley doing that than his buddy JJ. It is a big jump from college to pros but it’s a smaller jump from coaching your sons little league to the pros.

VincePT and lakerjones like this.
  8. FrontOfJersey22

FrontOfJersey22 - Lakers All Star -

[/QUOTE]
    Not if they find one who is actually good. The Lakers are willing to offer Hurley a long term deal- this is a major shift in what they have been doing.

9. Wino

Wino - Lakers Starter -

Retired
    Well, in all fairness, Ox with a single word is probably better than a rookie with a dissertation.

10. Kenzo

Kenzo - Lakers All Star -

No...

Wino and Slick2021 like this.
  11. 52years

52years - Rookie -

lol is that your alter ego?

Slick2021 likes this.
  12. Slick2021

Slick2021 - Lakers All Star -

Bron is going to walk all over, whoever becomes the HC. What are they going to do Cookie? Bench Lebron James?

Hell No..This is why I keep saying that Lebron, doesn't really care who the coach is, he's still going to Lebron. He may personally like one person more than another, but that's about it.

Bryant likes this.
  13. Slick2021

Aw come on man!! You are drifting into the Debbie downer camp too now? I thought our roster was solid, all we needed was a better coach? Now we might still finish 10th in the West regardless? LOL. SMH

BOOO!!!!.JSM! Bah humbug!!!!

14. 52years

52years - Rookie -

It’s also very funny the Alpha male angle.You’re saying someone like Kobe wouldn’t have listened to his wife if she wanted to stay on the west coast.Magic wouldn’t listen to his wife if she didn’t want to move.Its comical really

15. pika1708

pika1708 - Lakers Starter -

The alpha male crap was created by sad men who are insecure and need to feel some fake validation of their weak personality.
    Strong people rely on their supporting cast and take decisions based on that collective knowledge. You can see how most powerful leaders have a strong support with them and empower their partners

Juronimo and 52years like this.
  16. Slick2021

Lol..Well the Bovine..is the imaginary, internet version, of the Super Alpha Male around these parts.

17. JSM

JSM - Lakers Legend -

Top Poster Of Month

It's too soon to tell without a coach and so much up in the air with the roster. Do we have a starting PG? Can we flip anything into a two way player? I think we'll be better just by upgrading the coach but the West is going to be better too. Rockets and Jazz are rumored to be ready to swing for the fences, Grizz will be back and healthy, SA no longer has a reason to tank and if they start any traditional PG they just jumped into the fray. Blazers will be the only tanker heading into the season. Stuff will happen as the year goes on, but at the jump that's rough. I don't think we'll get this lucky with Bron and AD next year in terms of health. We're in uncharted territory with Bron. Every game he plays at this point is the first time _____. So yeah... there's a world we're in the mix for 4th and two chin hairs away is a world we're holding on to 10th with dear life.

Slick2021 likes this.
  18. 52years

52years - Rookie -

Not only that but all the alpha males I know would gladly and willingly sacrifice up to their own lives for the benefit of the whole over themselves

19. Slick2021

On the flip side..maybe Lebron and AD's injury issues, 2 seasons ago, was just the anomaly?
    We still have two All NBA players on our team, with a lot of decent young complimentary pieces (C'lo excluded)

A new HC, with a Championship resume(hopefully) with a pretty fireproof contract in place, for at least the next 3-4 seasons.

We own most of our draft picks moving forward, 3 young guys (Max, JHS,Lewis) to add to this year's draft picks(If we keep the 1st rd pick)

A young trio of Austin, Rui and Jarred, all eager to prove, that they could be the solid trio, of chip caliber rotation pieces that we need.

We are still the Lakers, Chip chasing veterans, will still be enticed to come here on the cheap, in order to be apart of Lebron's last ride.

I see some valid, reasons for some optimism here. It's the offseason already for me. Let's Go Lakers!!!

In Rob we trust!!!

20. KuzmoBall17

KuzmoBall17 - Lakers Starter -