Bronny James Discussion: Welcome To The NBA

Discussion in 'Lakers Discussion' started by JSM, Jun 27, 2024 at 3:10 PM.

1. Kenzo

Kenzo - Lakers All Star -

I like the kid and with a 55th pick, who the f*** cares. Ha had all the reasons to chill, drink, smoke and do all the stupid stuff kids his age with money do. He works hard, stays focused, i wish him luck and wait for the first james to james oop :)

2. abeer3

abeer3 - Lakers Legend -

lol, oh no i just saw that mccullar went the pick after bronny. i can't handle another year of that!

3. JLaker17

JLaker17 - Lakers Starter -

Can bash how it happened and all that, but in the end its still pretty cool to see. I am not really expecting much, but hoping he can find a way to develop into a rotational player.

lakerjones and LTLakerFan like this.
  4. The Laker Link 3.0

The Laker Link 3.0 - Rookie -

Disney Cast Member
    :D:D:D

:D:D:D:D

Not gonna lie, I miss the summers just POSTING away on ClubLakers and LakersGround over all the news. I need to come back more, I just have other things to prioritize. Kinda sucks.:p

But thanks man, appreciate it.

LTLakerFan, abeer3 and SamsonMiodek like this.
  5. The Laker Link 3.0

The Laker Link 3.0 - Rookie -

Disney Cast Member
    Watch Bronny be taking notes and come off the Bench for like 30 a couple games due to all this backlash.

not like consistently, but just like every 5 games he gets 1 30-point game or every 7 games.

6. sirronstuff

sirronstuff - Lakers Legend -

Your time is running out Ham
    I'm impressed with our undrafted guys we signed to camp. Sounds like we are really prioritizing shooting, and found some great prospects.

Now it's time to go sign some size.

Toklat, Cookie, JSM and 1 other person like this.
  7. LakeShowAZ

LakeShowAZ - Rookie -

:Noddingyes:

sirronstuff likes this.
  8. pika1708

pika1708 - Lakers Starter -

I don't think he's anywhere near the level of an NBA player. He was drafted because he's Bron's son. And that's fine, like Thanasis. We just have to admit it.

I agree it's a #55 pick that doesn't matter and that having Bron justifies it, both from a financial and basketball perspective. That's fine.

He may eventually become an NBA player, but he's undersized, doesn't excel in any part of the game and his numbers are awful. Yes, Bucks drafted a guy with worse numbers but that was considered the worst pick of the 1st round, so if your best argument is a comparison with the worst pick in the draft, that tells a lot.

None of that harms us.
    Now, him getting a guaranteed contract REALLY hurt us! There's only 15 roster spots. Here's where we are:

7 core rotation players that will stay:
    Bron (assuming he picks his PO)
    AD
    Reaves
    Rui
    Vando
    Gabe
    Knecht

4 non-core rotation players:
    Wood
    JHS
    Lewis
    Bronny

That's 11. Now we have a few question marks where we can only hold 4:

3 rotation players with pending POs:
    DLo (more and more think he's gone)
    Hayes (pretty much guaranteed)
    Cam Reddish (ibid)

3 pending free agents:
    Max
    Dinwiddie
    Prince

So we are losing 2 of the above 6 just to get to 15. And that WITHOUT adding a single player through Free agency.
    We have a LOT to do.
    I think Prince is walking, and then we either keep DLo or Dinwiddie, never both. We are at 15 now.
    We have 3 rookies/sophomores that won't contribute. We either stash any somewhere or we are down to a 12-man roster.
    So then we need to stash one or more of Wood, Hayes and/or Reddish for each addition we want to bring to the team. We can't waive them so I'm expecting we are paying 2nd rounds to some team to take any of those guys.
    It's either that or a big trade where we are sending Gabe, Rui and someone else for ONE player. That's 2 or 3 of core rotation players for one just to open roster spots for us.

So...drafting Bronny means we lose Dinwiddie or spend future 2nd rounds to stash guys to open roster spots (to add to the one "wasted" on him where we would get a 2-way contract that wouldn't have these ramifications).
    That's the real price of drafting Bronny

At this point, I would give up on JHS and Lewis to keep Dinwiddie and Prince/FA. None of them caught the eye and we need to lose something to gain flexibility

BadCoaching likes this.
  9. VladeD714

VladeD714 - Rookie -

They just wanted to hear his name called from an NBA team and get the whole "experience" - that I got from ESPN LA. LOL.

He'll probably get a roster spot and a small guaranteed bag to go with it.

Does it bother me? It would bother me if we didn't nail the first pick in the draft I'll tell you that much.

However, I like the way things turned out, so I'm okay.

LakerFanIam and lakerjones like this.
  10. JSM

JSM - Lakers Legend -

Top Poster Of Month

He's got a good wingspan and build, athletic tests were in the top % of the class and those who do this for a living say otherwise about his POA defense. He's only 19 as well, so there's a chance he grows another inch or so. If he can creep up closer to 6-3, 6-4 he's Marcus Smart.

If signing Bronny prevents Rob from roster movement this summer, he should be fired. Full stop.

I'd be shocked if we ran the roster back. I fully expect a consolidation trade. Also any of the min guys at the end of the bench that he gave 1+1's to last year, you can dump them, a protected 2nd and some cash if you need roster space.

11. pika1708

pika1708 - Lakers Starter -

Time will tell. There's really no point of arguing back and forth, the facts are there and each party chooses what they want to build their narrative. I don't think we would be having this conversation if he's name was Bronny Kames with all his metrics and stats. We'll see

I think you're underplaying the roster complications we are. We just lost Prince and Dinwiddie for Knecht and Bronny. That's a fact. So we're already losing quality.
    Then for any upgrade, we'll have to lose something. Like, just to sign CP3 or even Bitadze, it'll cost us Hayes and one or two 2nd rounders. Basically each FA signed, it's one or multiple 2nd rounders.

We really have a NOW problem having JHS, Lewis and Bronny in guaranteed spots, imo. I think we'll be looking to sort that out

12. VincePT

VincePT - Rookie -

hope the kid's not on social media much, the amount of criticism and jokes I've seen in the last 24 hours targeting him is insane.

LTLakerFan likes this.
  13. LTLakerFan

LTLakerFan - Lakers Legend -

Exactly. Me too. Got to stay off that S***.

14. JSM

JSM - Lakers Legend -

Top Poster Of Month

15. Toklat

Toklat - Lakers Starter -

I've been fairly critical of LeBron, and I believe rightly so, but I just don't see this pick as that bad. Bronny over came his heart issue, he works hard, is strong, plays defense(critical for a team very much needing this), has lived through the pressure of beings LeBron's son on the court. He wants to be good. The James family is set for the next 100+ years financially so it is more than money, Bronny is working to make his own mark. I applaud that. On top of that IMO it will give us the best version of LeBron. We are way ahead of last year already.

16. JSM

JSM - Lakers Legend -

Top Poster Of Month

Uncle Dray chimes in

LTLakerFan and abeer3 like this.
  17. OX1947

OX1947 - Lakers MVP -

I do not know how many times I have to keep writing or saying this over and over again. This team has allowed a player and his agency to run the operations.

Do I need to write this again in this post? The Lakers organization has allowed a player to run their f***ing team.

The same team that has been a perennial play in team. The same team that has won TWO f***ing playoff series in the last four seasons. TWO series, in the last four seasons and those two series were won in a single playoff run.

The same team that let a 1st team all NBA defender go for nothing. The same team that traded KCP, Kuzma and 1st round picks for a washed out bum because Klutch and the Lebronettes panicked after Harden got traded to Brooklyn.

The same team that wasted an entire year in the draft last year by picking two nothings. The same team that brought in two lemons from Miami as free agents for the MLE. The same team that brought in every AARP player in modern NBA history in 2022 to come play for the Lakers.

This same team that has had 7 different coaches since 2012. The same guy who runs the team who's had 11 head coaches in what will be his 22nd season.

The same team who will be giving an aging vet 160 million for the next 3 seasons so he can play zero defense and leave his teammates behind to die on 4 on 5 breaks because he didn't get the foul call several times throughout the season.

And you have the nerve to pinpoint all this into some charity jerk off so Lebron can fulfill his self absorbed fantasies that don't include focusing on championship runs.

The Lakers are slowly dying. Magic left calling these f***ers backstabbers. Jerry West was treated like dirt by a PPP loan taking ***** owner and an anorexic two faced f*** company man who licks everyone's behind to their face and then hides away for days when s*** is going bad.

I'll say it again, f*** this team and Jeanie and Lebron and his stooges. High class trash to the emph degree.

Last edited: Jun 28, 2024 at 4:43 PM
  18. sirronstuff

sirronstuff - Lakers Legend -

Your time is running out Ham
    Could have been worse

19. showtime24

showtime24 - Rookie -

What's up with those sites? Are they any good?

20. Toklat

Toklat - Lakers Starter -

I've stated LeBron's many negative qualities many times, I'm just not going to hold them against Bronny till he shows them for himself. I don't think he will.