Anthony Davis Discussion: That's Why They Pay Me The Big Bucks

Discussion in 'Lakers Discussion' started by vasashi17, Sep 23, 2018.

1. Toneloc

Toneloc - Rookie -

yea, we have to do something to force their hand now. if they are under the impression the deal won't change six months from now, then there is no motivation to push this deal through before the deadline -- which is why we need an unbelievable package, aka the farm and picks...

we simply cannot let this opportunity slip away. no more potential, youth, picks, yada yada... huge fork in the road for this organization and parties involved.

2. abeer3

abeer3 - Lakers Legend -

Top Poster Of Month

so the press believes that:

siakam and anunoby

or

just jamal murray

is better than all of our youth comined now?

seriously? because those are the packages that NO *should* take instead of la's "everything" offer. that is, if they don't do the wisest thing ever and wait until boston bends them over in july.

don't take the lakers' offer because the C Bags *might* offer tatum later, the knicks *might* win the lotto and then *might* be willing to trade zion for davis. or philadelphia *might* win the lotto. i mean, the kings are 2 games out of the playoffs and slated to pick 14th or something, but yeah, sounds like a good gamble.

lots of this nonsense here:

https://www.theringer.com/nba/2019/...-davis-trade-pros-cons-pelicans-lakers-C Bags

3. alam1108

alam1108 - Lakers Legend -

AD and Klutch have been handling the announcement part somewhat professionally. To get this done though they have to get a little dirty. Do what PG and Kawhi didn’t do, say its Lakers and only Lakers.

4. alam1108

alam1108 - Lakers Legend -

Don’t even listen to Windy and Beck on the Lowe Podcast, according to them we’d have to give up everyone but teams like Chicago just need to offer up Lauri and Carter Jr. Or Clippers just Shai.

5. abeer3

abeer3 - Lakers Legend -

Top Poster Of Month

it's funny--i'm considered the resident negative nellie on our youth, but the press is WAY ahead of me. siakam and murray are better than all of our guys combined? gilgeous alexander isn't better than any single one of them, btw.

6. tada

tada - Lakers All Star -

Why are the Pelicans assuming that our offer will still be there on July 1st and we'd bid against the C Bags? What if we sign Kawhi, KD or Klay? We'd be alot less desperate. They're playing a risky game by dragging this out. Just take our farm (minus Lonzo or Ingram) and move on.

7. Khmrp

Khmrp - Lakers MVP -

Its Davis, magic will be even more desperate to get him if he managed to sign one of those max guys

sirronstuff likes this.
  8. tada

tada - Lakers All Star -

I can't imagine a scenario where we'd be more desperate having Lebron + Kawhi plus our kids moving forward. Davis would be a luxury and not a necessity (like KD is to GSW) at that point.

LTLakerFan likes this.
  9. LaVarBallsDad

LaVarBallsDad - Lakers Legend -

NO is posturing. They're going to keep a disgruntled Davis for the rest of the season? Good luck. Look, as long as we make an effort here, I'm pleased; if NO doesn't cooperate, then there's really nothing we can do about it.

However' I'll remain optimistic, but I know the deck is stacked against us...

10. Kou

Kou - Lakers 6th Man -

I said this on the previous page, but I'd offer that and say it won't be there come summer, which would hurt them regardless, because they have one less suitor to boost bidding.

11. sirronstuff

sirronstuff - Lakers Legend -

Your time is running out Ham
    I’ll be reading a lot of nonsense for the next week I think.

12. tada

tada - Lakers All Star -

Yeah, it would be a mistake for the Pelicans to drag this out.

If Kyrie walks on the C Bags, there's no way in hell they offer Tatum. AD won't stay if Tatum's not there. Their remaining kids, Jaylen, Rozier and Smart are all worse than Ingram and Kuzma by quite a margin. I'd say Zu and Hart are even better than Rozier and Smart.

And their picks?
    C Bags pick: late 1st rounder
    Kings pick: mid teens
    Grizzlies pick: Top 8 protected - maybe next year or 2021
    Clippers pick: Lottery protected - maybe next year

So they basically get 2 picks. OK, we'll match that.

We have a better package right now. Just take it and stop being greedy. You f***ed up by not building a competitive team around AD.

13. Khmrp

Khmrp - Lakers MVP -

I dont see it that way, a 2nd max still doesn't put us on par with current day gsw unless 2 of the 3 youth become legit stars

14. tada

tada - Lakers All Star -

You do realize that it's unlikely they resign both KD and Klay right?

Lebron + Kawhi + our kids
    vs
    Curry + Klay + Draymond

15. LaVarBallsDad

They'll re-sign Klay; the person who won't get paid? Draymond.

sirronstuff likes this.
  16. Khmrp

Khmrp - Lakers MVP -

Why isnt it likely? Kd can get his max now, boggie is the one who they dont have $ for

17. tada

tada - Lakers All Star -

Well Draymond's contract isn't up until next year. The Klay/KD decision would have to be made this summer.

18. tada

tada - Lakers All Star -

Because they're already deep into luxury tax and Klay is looking to get paid double his current salary. It's not sustainable. KD is likely to go elsewhere.

19. Savory Griddles

Savory Griddles Moderator Staff Member

Some of these deals are laughable. In the end, it still boils down to:

Ingram, Ball, Kuz, Zubac and a pick or two now

or

Tatum, Smart, Rozier and a couple picks later

The unfortunate thing is ESPN is driving the narrative a bit, and they have an East Coast bias that will see them pump up this "glorious" C Bags package. I give the edge with Tatum over Kuz (a small one mind you), but the rest? Rozier is NOT better than Ball, and real basketball people know this. Ball's overall impact on the game outweighs Rozier's. Ingram is probably about equal to Brown, but Brown won't be in the package along with Tatum as Hayward can't be counted on at this point to be a starting wing on a contender. He has flat out sucked.

Everyone keeps talking about the C Bags package "blowing the Lakers package out of the water" or whatever. No. Hayward sucks right now. If he can't return to form then they can't trade both Brown and Tatum. Those picks? The only pick that could be even remotely intriguing this draft is Sacramento's which likely won't be top 5 at this point, and the C Bags would have to make the pick for New Orleans which is always a bit dicey that far in front of when they could actually make that trade.

I honestly think ESPN wants AD on the Lakers with Lebron because it's a rating's bonanza for all the games this spring when they have the Lakers. And it gives them so much more to talk about. But because their pundits basketball knowledge is so bad (I notice that ex-players LOVE Zo's game), they will push AD right into the C bag's arms this offseason.

20. LaVarBallsDad

And in order to resolve that issue, Draymond will be traded, IMO.

sirronstuff likes this.