Another Terrorist Attack In France

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by Savory Griddles, Jul 14, 2016.

1. Savory Griddles

Savory Griddles Moderator Staff Member

Helljumper and John3:16 like this.
  2. therealdeal

therealdeal Moderator Staff Member

When I first read about this it was called an accident and over the last couple hours as more information comes out this makes me more and more sad.

This is a poor example but when Al Qaeda attacked the U.S. in 2001 we went out and fought back. Now obviously that turned into a stupid war and bad decisions were made, but my point is nobody in the world is doing near enough to stop ISIS. Why? They continue to attack the US and Europe using Islam as cover for their desire to eradicate "infidels" or whatever f***ing word they want to use. Why are we not responding? It's like the world is a kid getting bullied and we're not standing up for ourselves.

By the way ISIS murdered dozens of people in Iraq who were also Muslims but that attack wasn't put into news rotation because nobody cares when Muslims attack Muslims. As far as I know it's not official this is an act of terrorism from ISIS, but I'm relatively certain it is.

gcclaker and Helljumper like this.
  3. Savory Griddles

I am not a tinfoil hat type person, but the way the politicians seem to be stoking racial relation fires. The way we are going to allow all these refugees into our country which will undoubtedly include hundreds of terrorists. It is stArting to seem like our leaders are intentionally trying to create instability. I don't think it's some illuminati thing, but maybe they are trying to cause enough chaos so they can gain more control.

gcclaker, John3:16 and Helljumper like this.
  4. Kenzo

Kenzo - Lakers All Star -

It will only get worse. World needs to finally grow a pair and do it "Japanese way".

5. Savory Griddles

I just don't know what to say. Of those 10,000 refugees planned, how many do you think are ISIS terrorists? Seriously? Even 1% is 100 terrorists that are coming here for the sole purpose of destroying our way of life. Look at what one person has been able to do on multiple occasions...Orlando, Nice...This act of letting refugees in and Obama and his staff's complete lack of action early on when he referred to ISIS as the JV team...I can't help but start to think that this is intentional. That this is a way to subdue the people of this country in order to allow for more control. I'm not saying attacks or these other things are being carried out by the government. But it's like a parent intentionally leaves a loaded gun on a low table so their toddler can find it. The toddler picks it up and ends up killing his sister with it. Did the parent kill the little girl? No. Did the parent GIVE the gun to the toddler? No. But they put all the pieces in place for it to happen. I always sort of scoffed at people when they said the government wants this to happen. I just thought they are having to play a careful game of politics and this is a tightrope walk. But I don't think so anymore. This is becoming to obvious. They do want this to happen. If they didn't, they wouldn't be taking these steps that essentially assure it will happen.

Last edited: Jul 15, 2016
  6. therealdeal

I don't think you need tinfoil for that. There's grumblings from the American people already about the effectiveness of the political structure at this point. They've been deflecting questions about economics and unemployment really effectively for 15 years now with questions about social issues. It's pretty slick. We say "how come the unemployment rate is so high?" and they say "legalize marijuana!" or "gays should get married!" and we spend months talking about that instead of the economy. In today's PC culture I come off as intolerant or like I don't think those social issues matter, but I do. I just don't think we should prioritize them as much as we should say stopping our increasingly apocalyptic national debt. Politicians are now thriving off of the current populace's lack of strong political knowledge. It's perfect for them when we're all focused on social issues and they can do whatever they like. I'm not talking down party lines mind you, both sides are guilty as far as I'm concerned.

And again before anyone loses their cool with me: I'm not saying gay marriage and legalizing marijuana aren't important topics. I'm saying there are more important topics than those two that we should probably prioritize.

Savory Griddles likes this.
  7. Savory Griddles

I totally agree. I actually think this gun thing is being played like a fiddle as well. You go into comments regarding this story and most of them are along the lines of, 'I guess Obama should ban trucks too since he wants to banz our gunz!" I mean, I'm a gun owner and I don't want ridiculous, over-the-top gun laws, but people are missing the point. The government is intentionally setting up a situation where terrorists will be allowed easy access to our country and these attacks like in Nice will start happening weekly here. How long do you think it will take before the country institutes Martial Law or some sort of State of Emergency? We are trending towards either complete governmental control or a full blown collapse/civil war.

8. therealdeal

I don't think it'd ever come to that. The American people have a strong anti-establishment streak in them. States like Oklahoma, Eastern/Mid California, Wyoming, parts of Colorado, Mississippi, New Mexico, Arizona, but most especially Texas would secede before anything wild like that happened.

I do see a scenario though where our current government is overthrown in favor of something that makes more sense. It would be ugly and difficult, but it's probably necessary at this point.

9. Savory Griddles

I wish I could agree with that. I honestly don't think it would be a clean, simple succession. I could be wrong, but I believe there is zero chance the American government would allow that many states to succeed without going to war. Would each state become their own country? Would the US just have random borders between two separate countries that are seemingly randomly split if one were to base their country exclusively looking at a map? The assets in those states, especially Texas and it's oil are way too valuable to just let them up and succeed. And although we have an independent streak, this has been such a slow process, people have become so numb to our government's dealings, that all this will be upon them before they know it.

10. John3:16

John3:16 Moderator Staff Member

CEO - Big Baller Brand
    Change is coming. You can bet on it.

People on both sides are fed up. The tipping point, IMO, will be the election of Hillary or Trump.

All we need is a competent leader that both sides can embrace.

therealdeal and gcclaker like this.
  11. Helljumper

Helljumper - Lakers All Star -

Student
    Going back to that analogy of a parent leaving a loaded gun under a table for their child ... A better analogy might be a parent leaving their front door unlocked and then a wanted serial killer comes in at night killing the child.

The parent was negligent at the very least. Maybe you might think they left the door unlocked on purpose because they didn't like their kid and wanted something bad to happen. But in a court case, that would all be conjecture.

The bigger issue is the serial killer. Why is he in that neighborhood? If the cops know he's out there and a huge threat, why not devote more resources to strategically hunting him down and taking him out?

My main point being, ISIS is scum and needs to be wiped out.

Savory Griddles and therealdeal like this.
  12. Savory Griddles

Agreed. My analogy was more to insinuate the parent intentionally left the gun there knowing what the likely outcome would be in order to draw the parallel that I'm starting to believe the government is allowing these things to happen on purpose and setting the table for it. They don't actually do the things outright they want to happen, but they put all the pieces in place so it would be shocking if it didn't. It sounds X-Files-y, but I literally can't think of a single reason we would take 10,000 refugees who will be impossible to vet from a country crawling with people that want to wipe us out. I mean, it's asinine. Are we really going to hide behind this bull s*** excuse of compassion? Then why didn't we allow all the Sudanese people in that needed to be rescued? Why did we leave all those children in Uganda to be turned into little murder machines? Why the hell of all the countries in the world and in history that we could have taken refugees from did we choose to take them now from f***ing Syria?

13. wcsoldier81

wcsoldier81 - Lakers All Star -

The " we ( the goverment ) know these people but we can't do anything about them until they do something " thinking is the problem . ( this guy was known by the French police not as a terrorist though) .

Be pro active and kill these people before they act ...

Simple as that .

14. John3:16

John3:16 Moderator Staff Member

CEO - Big Baller Brand

You're joking, right?

15. wcsoldier81

No .

There are people living in France ( recruiters , "soldiers") officially recognized and listed as terrorists by the French government .

If these people were killed by our secret services , it would help a lot preventing potential future attacks .

16. therealdeal

The way you worded it sounded kind of like we needed to just start whacking Muslims. Your stance makes more sense now.

It's a real slippery slope what you're saying, but it makes more sense at least.

17. wcsoldier81

^^^^ ok my bad for the wording then .

I know my "solution" sounds/looks radical but I mean we have done s*** for 18 months and hundreds of deads later .

We can't be so soft in such times and unfortunately we are .

Nothing but meaningless and endless discussions ...

18. therealdeal

While I agree that something needs to be done, there would have to be irrefutable and ideally public evidence that a person is a terrorist who either has committed a heinous act or has been proven to plan one before I okay an attack. Otherwise we're putting our trust in governments that don't deserve our trust to preemptively attack people and I think that sets a dangerous tone.

I agree actions need to be taken, but we've got to be judicious in how/when/where we do it.

John3:16 and Barnstable like this.
  19. Savory Griddles

I agree. Just like this.

[​IMG]