2023-24 Team Developments: Trades / Free Agents / News / Rumors / Ideas

Discussion in 'Lakers Discussion' started by TIME, May 23, 2023.

1. JSM

JSM - Lakers Legend -

Top Poster Of Month

Please don't let that convo swing to the flip side of that scenario. Also...Kyrie, f*** off

Cookie, Barnstable, Khmrp and 4 others like this.
  2. abeer3

abeer3 - Lakers Legend -

excellent. yes. lebron for luka.

Cookie, Panko, Barnstable and 11 others like this.
  3. JSM

JSM - Lakers Legend -

Top Poster Of Month

Haynes with additional info, including the Mavs were preparing to make us an offer this season when we were spiraling

Barnstable, TIME and abeer3 like this.
  4. 432J

432J - Lakers All Star -

3 guys who need the ball in their hands at all times to be successful?

lol

5. JSM

JSM - Lakers Legend -

Top Poster Of Month

I think this is definitely a Kyrie camp leak. Bron couldn't have been traded last year due to the extension. I am guessing Kyrie is trying to pressure Cuban for the max vs what he's worth and for more years. That's why he's at the Lakers and Sparks games. That's why he's putting out there that he really wants to play with Bron again. The bluff is, pay me or I take the paycut in a S&T and go to LA.

Panko, Barnstable, TIME and 2 others like this.
  6. ElginTheGreat

ElginTheGreat - Lakers MVP -

We reached silly season of trade rumors really quickly this year.

7. ElginTheGreat

ElginTheGreat - Lakers MVP -

Honestly the leak makes me think the Finals ratings are pretty bad. Or maybe Bron just trying to get under Mallone’s skin. Lol.

JSM and Helljumper like this.
  8. abeer3

abeer3 - Lakers Legend -

until the haynes tweet, i thought it was just a funny troll from the mavs FO with shams in on the gag. now i agree with you--it's clearly kyrie negotiating. probably means he didn't get the full max offer right off the bat. he's setting the table for a "hey, you guys didn't do what it took to sign me". if i were dallas, i'd be concerned, as they have no path to lebron. like none at all. it's like saying "i'll sign here for what you've offered if...you lift that car over there using only your penis."

Panko likes this.
  9. ZenMaster

ZenMaster - Lakers All Star -

Piss off, you d****** racist flatearther.

10. alam1108

alam1108 - Lakers Legend -

One Luka please, thanks

Cookie, Panko, Kenzo and 4 others like this.
  11. JSM

JSM - Lakers Legend -

Top Poster Of Month

He's kicking the seat in front of him on the plane to Miami right now. If this story leapfrogs finals coverage on ESPN, I'm going to be so happy for Mikey. He can take that Polaroid he's carrying around from their sweep and shove it up his a**.

I don't think even a desperate Cuban is insane enough to offer Kyrie a long deal. If you max him, which I wouldn't and Cuban shouldn't, it has to be on a team friendly two year deal.

If they had all their picks then, if they went nuts, you could listen to a Bron offer but they don't even have that. And the players they could offer is a joke --- THJ, Bertans, and Bullock.

If Kyrie had a real agent and not his stepmother, they'd understand and explain to him that Bron couldn't have been traded. So leaking this really eliminates it coming from any smart people.

Cookie, Panko, TIME and 3 others like this.
  12. sk2408

sk2408 - Rookie -

LeBron + AD for Luka. Mavs get a Big 3 to contend with for the next couple of years. We reset with Luka/Reaves/Rui and probably draw another star in the next year or two. One can dream!

Panko, KareemtheGreat33 and abeer3 like this.
  13. abeer3

abeer3 - Lakers Legend -

lol, i think i'd do it. we'd have to manage contracts so that we could attract another star-level player in the next couple years, but i like the idea of luka in la. people will want to play here. like giannis or tatum.

this isn't happening, though. still think it's hilarious that anyone would buy the idea of us trading lebron to dallas for anything but luka. look at that roster! and they largely emptied the draft chamber on irving. we are not the desperate ones anymore. russ is gone.

Panko, KareemtheGreat33 and sk2408 like this.
  14. sk2408

sk2408 - Rookie -

Yeah Luka playing here just feels right, although what I actually think happens is we get Tatum in the summer of 2025 when he has a PO or 2026 when he expires.

Unfortunately, I think the takeaway from the news today is that LeBron still wants Kyrie. They want to play together here, this is LeBron once again telling the FO that he will look elsewhere if they don't pursue his guy. The "maximum pressure on the FO" approach we always get from LeBron is tiresome even when the move he wants makes sense, but giving up what we'd have to give up for Kyrie makes us a worse basketball team IMO.

15. JSM

JSM - Lakers Legend -

Top Poster Of Month

Hmm... leverage play addressed to the Lakers and not the Mavs. Interesting. Does he understand how matching salaries works?

Cookie, Panko, Kenzo and 3 others like this.
  16. abeer3

abeer3 - Lakers Legend -

i don't see any way it makes sense to bring in kyrie on a s&t. and it would be even worse to clear the decks to offer him 12 million less than he's asking in the first year of the contract anyway.

i don't get all this stuff. people have laid out the cap/roster building ramifications.

do you really want to field lebron/AD/reaves/vando/kyrie/christie and all vet mins? you *might* be able to squeeze one of walker/beasley/bamba/schroder (not rui) on top of that and under the second apron. and that's only IF dallas wants to play ball.

LOOK ELSEWHERE FOR UPGRADES.

17. pika1708

pika1708 - Lakers Starter -

Oh boy I got something

Dejounte is an expiring next season. Atlanta is bleeding all over the place with Tray and Collins underachieving, Huerter playing great in Sac, they just suck at management.

If we poach Dejounte that we re-sign him long term (anyone knows if we get bird rights?) at the summer, Atlanta will be forced to trade.

We send Dlo, a FRP and a 2nd and they bite it.
    We can pay him after LeBron leaves. Dejounte fits nicely with our young core Reaves, Rui and AD.
    Atlanta has long contracts with Trae, Collins, Bogdanovic. Dlo in a 2 year contract matches Capela expiring too, when they can finally start a new route they will inevitably need to do post-Trae

(This can only role around the Jan/Feb obviously, so we need to hold the assets)

Panko, alam1108 and Khmrp like this.
  18. Khmrp

Khmrp - Lakers MVP -

i too like to see us get dejonte but atl paid a high price for him, i don't think we have enough for atl to recoup those picks they gave

Panko and alam1108 like this.
  19. pika1708

pika1708 - Lakers Starter -

They made a gamble and surely want to re-sign him but I don't think he wants to stay. He surely wants the bag, but if another team pokes him, he may say to Atlanta that he doesn't want to stay

Khmrp likes this.
  20. JSM

JSM - Lakers Legend -

Top Poster Of Month

Sorry Ky.

[​IMG]

Additional quotes from his article on what his sources are saying

Panko and ElginTheGreat like this.