2022-23 Team Developments: News / Trades / Free Agents / Rumors

Discussion in 'Lakers Discussion' started by BangBoomPow, Jun 3, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TIME

TIME Administrator Staff Member

Lifelong Lakers fan.
    @Helljumper

For your benefit as a long timer. I receive zero financial benefit from this site, so I have no personal motive to cover for a Fake Insider. I don't like fake insiders. If anyone can demonstrate for me proof that Mr. Rambis IS a fake insider I will be happy to take a serious look at it. What I can verify is that at least two behind the scenes moves were called by Mr. Rambis before anyone in the national NBA news pipeline called them. And, as far as I know none of his info has later been proven false.

I get the suspicion. Everyone is free to make their own judgment. It has always been presented as TIFWIW info. No one has caught him posting any false info yet. His posts are often vague and not super specific, but that does not make him a faker.

Whatever the opinion others adopt toward him, I would hope that everyone would return to treating him politely as a fellow member of the site. He has always been super polite in his posts. You are also free to put him on ignore if you want.

This last comment is not aimed at you. I don't appreciate the snide, "Gotcha" posts pointing out how fake he is. I'll probably start modding rude or accusatory posts without any substance that are aimed his direction.

2. Barnstable

Barnstable Supreme Fuzzler of Lakersball.com Staff Member

Thank you Time.

I was thinking this is getting a bit rude to him as well.

As you said, if people aren’t keeping track, we have at least 2 verifiable instances where he was not vague, later confirmed to be correct, and at least an hour before Shams, or Woj made a similar breaking story.

I’ve seen zero instances where what he’s said was proven to be false from a Lakers FO perspective of the info, which is the only source he claimed to have some 2nd hand connections to.

If you don’t believe he has connections, feel free to ignore his info. Otherwise stop trying to call him out with no proof he’s fake.

3. sirronstuff

sirronstuff - Lakers Legend -

Your time is running out Ham
    this is why we can't have nice things

"Lebronshame"

Alcindor likes this.
  4. abeer3

abeer3 - Lakers Legend -

i don't get the hostility. if mr. rambis were a fake insider, i wouldn't be mad. i'd feel sorry for him. it would be a VERY weird way to spend one's time--pretending to work for auxiliary industry that has occasional-but-limited access to the lakers. it's easier to believe that he is who he says he is and not get worked up about any of it.

5. KareemtheGreat33

KareemtheGreat33 - Lakers MVP -

Brow-beater
    I, myself, only believe RDAmbition from Twitter, Kawaii the snake did him dirty but he broke lots of Laker moves correctly before the Kawaii fiasco:Laugh:

ElginTheGreat likes this.
  6. sirronstuff

sirronstuff - Lakers Legend -

Your time is running out Ham
    I feel like the name Rambis automatically comes with respect attached. Nuff said.

ElginTheGreat and Wino like this.
  7. alam1108

alam1108 - Lakers Legend -

I choose to believe that its actually Kurt Rambis

:Mrrambisbomb:

8. Mr. Rambis

Mr. Rambis - Rookie - LB Verified Insider

Thank you @Barnstable, @TIME and the Lakersball community for the support!

I completely understand the frustration that my insights can be vague, caveated, etc. Unfortunately as someone who isn't sitting in the Lakers FO daily and isn't a reporter, I often find myself on the outside looking in. However I am a fan like all of you and try to use the resources available to me to get any available information. I'm just as curious as everyone else to know the next all-star we will acquire, or what the latest gossip is! Given my position, when it comes to major events, I am sometimes able to get a unique perspective on the situation and share it.

This offseason has been particularly cumbersome, especially with the prospect of Kyrie dangling just out of reach. I know what I report isn't always what everyone wants to hear, and I really do want LAL to be in the best possible position to get a ring. But I do my best remain optimistic and try to share my excitement with the community. I can't match the brilliant minds here on the analysis and breakdowns, but I love to read it all!

Anyways, I hate to distract from the topic at hand, which is our potential offseason moves. So back on topic! In my opinion, I still believe we will be in a position to compete for the 2023 ring, even if it's not the way we expect!!!

9. LaVarBallsDad

LaVarBallsDad - Lakers Legend -

Should quote one of his pages and link it to GT from LG or LFR see if it gets any bites and has any validity.

Would be entertaining.

;)

10. NickthaQuick

NickthaQuick - Lakers 6th Man -

Because that's Jeanie's nephew. By all accounts Kawhi was gonna sign here if the Clippers didn't pull Paul George. It's possible Kawhi was leading us on.

ElginTheGreat and abeer3 like this.
  11. 432J

432J - Lakers All Star -

i don't believe for a second kawhi would've been willing to play 3rd fiddle behind lebron and AD

12. abeer3

abeer3 - Lakers Legend -

i believe he wouldn't see it like that, and if there's a guy who absolutely does not care what the fans and media think, it's kawhi leonard. i think he used us as leverage to get to the clippers, but if the clippers didn't get george, he was coming here.

i don't believe it was some sort of long con on the lakers by kawhi and/or the clippers.

ElginTheGreat likes this.
  13. JSM

JSM - Lakers Legend -

Top Poster Of Month

Probably not, but I'm not sure he didn't make his mind up sooner than he announced. Crippling us, the hallway enemy, because FA was dried up by the time he was done. Funny enough those plan B scraps ended up being the best free agency of Rob's tenure.

14. JSM

JSM - Lakers Legend -

Top Poster Of Month

Couple Brooklyn items from Ian Begley
    https://www.sny.tv/articles/nets-kevin-durant-trade-kyrie-irving-8-4-22

We are both teams that no other team wants to go out of their way to help. That's why we're ideal trade partners, even if we're not trading for Kyrie. I'll gladly be a third team for them if we're getting Curry or Harris. Would much rather that be a plan C to Kyrie than Eric Gordon, or only Hield.

Then we have this Kyrie blurb -- damage control

15. abeer3

abeer3 - Lakers Legend -

you think they kept the PG trade completely quiet for that long? i don't think so. i think he told them from day one that they had to get another superstar, or he was going to sign with the lakers (he didn't tell the lakers this, of course), and it took them a few days to pull it all together. i believe his signing was announced simultaneous to the trade, though. maybe it's semantics re: announcing, but my point is that nobody could know the clips had george in the bag for very long. too big a secret to keep. the nba is terrible at that. i think the "kawhi played the lakers" stuff is just more schadenfreude from opposing fans and the media. we just weren't his first choice. joke's been on him so far. oh wait, sorry, they're definitely regular season champions, which was certainly what it was all about.

TIME and Toneloc like this.
  16. JSM

JSM - Lakers Legend -

Top Poster Of Month

Are you sure the team that has Lee Jenkins on payroll can't keep something quiet for a few days? I disagree. Same way all their news reports get this rosey spin. No other team could pull off the non update on the health of Kawhi without blowback. He sat in the f***ing luxury box while the team was getting killed on the court. Some of the worst optics from a star in recent years and NO ONE brought it up. Ballmer owns the media there.

I don't think it was a master plan from day 1. I think we were the fallback. But if they could do anything to prevent us from adding another star or top flight depth instead of Kawhi, Ballmer would definitely push to do his part in preventing that. If you think you're taking your biggest obstacle to the Finals off the board before the season starts, you absolutely do that.

Last edited: Aug 5, 2022
  17. JSM

JSM - Lakers Legend -

Top Poster Of Month

Response is NSFW

This is from the news cycle from a few weeks ago, but here's his latest report on the Jazz and Lakers

That's an awful trade. Two firsts for that, you can f*** off proper. Hell, i won't include one first for that. Pat Bev can not headline any trade ever. Trading for Pat Bev is the same concept as trading for Wall a year ago. You don't give up any asset, not even some random Euro we drafted 15 years ago who we still have the rights to, for a player who is going to get bought out this season. Trading for Pat Bev the player is an awful enough idea without even taking that into consideration.

And here's a minor update on Eric Gordon
    https://hoopshype.com/lists/nba-rum...ssell-westbrook-myles-turner-houston-rockets/

18. Helljumper

Helljumper - Lakers All Star -

Student
    I don’t know why that article is trying to make Beverly the headline. Sounds like he was discussed as one of the possible Jazz players.

But if it ended up being something like Beverly + Clarkson or Bogdanovic, and Cam Reddish coming our way from NY too, that’d be a solid trade in my book. But yeah, absolutely not worth both first round picks.

19. ElginTheGreat

ElginTheGreat - Lakers MVP -

You know I actually thought the same thing about that guy/gal. Probably the biggest victim of Kawhi treachery. Lol

20. ElginTheGreat

ElginTheGreat - Lakers MVP -

I could certainly talk myself into Conley, Reddish, and whoever in a Russ deal. Just wouldn’t want to give up multiple firsts for it.

I tend to agree with the thought that anything giving up both firsts should really move the needle.

Toneloc and Helljumper like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.