Star Wars Thread (a Galaxy Far Far Away) Obi-Wan Movie In The Works! (36)

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by DarthRekal, Oct 13, 2014.

1. Kingsama

Kingsama - Rookie -

so is anyone reading the comics? or books? are they any good? I started Darth Vader, but it wasn't very compelling and felt like a rushed story.

2. therealdeal

therealdeal Moderator Staff Member

Whaaaat? I love the Vader comics. You've at least got to get to Vader Down. It's Vader at his absolute highest point.

Star Wars is good not great. I thought Leia was okay. Lando was okay. Chewie was okay. Han Solo was good. Kanan's comic is decent.

3. Kingsama

Kingsama - Rookie -

i have not made it that far lol, just a few issues in really. I did enjoy the comics about Poe's parents though... what was it called...Shattered Empire?

4. therealdeal

I wish Shattered Empire was longer that's all. All it did was create more intrigue instead of completing a story. Poe's comic is also not bad.

Vader has a lot of charm to it. I suggest pushing through. If you're not already, get the trade paper backs too.

5. Kingsama

Kingsama - Rookie -

So season finale of Rebels was pretty great, but not as good as "Tatooine"

therealdeal likes this.
  6. Savory Griddles

Savory Griddles Moderator Staff Member

That episode was amazing. The dude that did old Kenobi's voice...damn! He was SPOT ON. That shot of Obi Wan watching over Luke and them taking a sampling of the original Aunt Beru from A New Hope to yell out Luke and watch him run across in the distance...such great stuff. Rebels has a lot of filler, but it's worth watching for some of those moments that are downright iconic.

Kingsama and therealdeal like this.
  7. therealdeal

I thought the finale was good-not-great. Like you guys I LOVED Twin Suns. Holy cow. That was one of the best Star Wars stories told in a small amount of time. Everything was needed and worked perfectly for what they were looking for. Obi-Wan is cryptic, but still bada**. That battle was spot on.

The finale had a lot of cool things, but it was mostly predictable which I disliked. The only thing that was unexpected was the Bendu. Everything else? Eh. Saw it coming. I thought certain dramatic moments could have been better handled too.

Next season I'm looking forward to a different Thrawn. I'd like them introduce the Rebellion as more of a set entity. So far it's just a bunch of people who happen to intersect occasionally. Honestly I'd like to see people in the group moving away or dying or something which sets up Ghost for Rogue One and General Syndulla.

Savory Griddles likes this.
  8. Kingsama

Kingsama - Rookie -

I try not to be too hard on rebels because of its intended audience. There were elements in the finale that were drab and other that were outstanding, including the Kanan talking to his secret friend.

As for next season I watched some youtube video filled will predictions and I must say there are some things I would love to see including Asoka's fated explained, Starkiller being brought into the canon as a replacement for the inquisitors, some hits at other much older EU characters, like KOTOR or Exar Kun, through holocrons, and am really looking forward to how they play it out for what has to be the end of this story.

9. therealdeal

Yeah I'd like to know what happened with Ahsoka. I'd love an arc revolving around holocrons. They honestly don't get into them much. What if they found one that was Ahsoka? You could wrap the past mysticism of KOTOR into a story about holocrons while also wrapping up Ahsoka's story (she died and made the holocron in order to continue her legacy).

I'd be okay with them reintroducing Starkiller, but he'd have to be way weaker than he was in the game. :D He was crazy strong in the game. Stronger than Vader!

10. Kingsama

Kingsama - Rookie -

No doubt, Starkiller would have to be toned down, but i think that you could develop a good side arch dealing with all those force issues, The bendu, the holocrons, Aksoka, a new threat(maybe Starkiller) while introducing characters that will make it to the big screen one day, aka KotoR and Exar.

therealdeal likes this.
  11. Savory Griddles

Yeah. Starkiller would be great, but they'd have to tone him down. So many of those old EU characters (especially the Sith) are essentially gods.

I think we will get some Ahsoka answers. Filloni loves her. He's not going to leave her fate that ambiguous.

I also think Revan is going to be introduced to us somehow. Lucasfilm knows they have to explore past this relatively short time period of the Skywalker era in order to keep Star Wars fresh. Lucasfilm just happens to release unused scenes from Clone Wars that have Revan. They release a Revan Black Series figure. They mention the Mandalorian/Jedi War (a war that in the old EU, Revan was arguably the central figure of) in an episode of Rebels. I think they are going to introduce audiences to Revan and maybe even a bit more about Bane so they can start planting some seeds for Old Republic movies.

Anyone else think the Bendu was a little over powered?

therealdeal likes this.
  12. therealdeal

Bendu's rage storm was confusing for sure. It hints at the type of Force abilities though that we can expect now though. Luke should be ridiculously strong by now right?

13. Savory Griddles

This is what concerns me though.The Bendu makes the Emperor, Yoda and Vader seem like pansies. I can look past some extra acrobatics in a cartoon, but you just canonized a giant cow that can fly and create entire storm fronts.

14. therealdeal

:D

Well in the comics Yoda has literally fought a mountain so... This isn't too far off.

15. Kingsama

Kingsama - Rookie -

I don't think it's that big a deal. Bendu is an ancient being that has transcended the issues of light and dark. In a way I think they are trying to show that the Jedi and sith with their legalism have lost something. It's not like Luke has had a few thousand years to learn this stuff

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

16. therealdeal

No Luke has had 30 years of (presumably) exploring the Force. Already in the comics he knows about (although hasn't learned) some truly crazy things. I'm not saying Luke can create a storm, I'm saying he should be able to do things we haven't seen yet.

17. Kingsama

Kingsama - Rookie -

Oh I am not dismissing that Luke will be powerful, the whole direction if star wars in general is greater powers and greater spectacle. Just that he isn't a several thousand yr old grey force master who can become a storm and then disappear. I fully anticipate crazier things on the horizon for main characters, just not that.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

18. Savory Griddles

Star Wars Celebration in two days...which means we may be only two days away from an Episode 8 trailer. It's time to get excited.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Barnstable likes this.
  19. therealdeal

I thought we were getting a teaser today...

Instead just a dumb Star Wars themed charity for the less fortunate. Lame.

20. Weezy

Weezy Moderator Staff Member

They were never gonna show a trailer today, it would have been a huge and unnecessary screw you to fans paying to attend celebration in a couple days. A trailer for a trailer? Hopefully it remains Star Wars' style to not participate in that nonsense.