Rob Pelinka Discussion: He's Scrambling

Discussion in 'Lakers Discussion' started by OmarE, Feb 21, 2017.

1. vasashi17

vasashi17 LB's Resident Capologist

You move off MozDeng to get Bron then AD in successive summers. And still there is a chance for Kawhi...I mean you get my respect for that.

But it needs to be pointed out just how much Rich/Klutch came through for Rob. AD was a huge get, but you can't ignore the #BronBond. He's also going to be influential in getting that max free agent as well.

Also, you can't help but think if Griff was our president, we'd have AD, Kuz and then some. Largely cause he would have been a lot more effective forcing the Pels' hand in pushing the deal till August so that the 4th pick could be used as salary to spare alot of our kiddies. Rob got the job done, but I'm positive Griff would have finessed our capsheet a whole lot more effectively.

And for the love of gawd, put an end to the leaks. Why is it that details are always shared in the media before its a done deal? It's odd that not only was our AD negotiations detailed, but so too was our coaching search. And then when we get bad press, they go silent, suddenly not leaking anything to put those fires out. That's been consistent even when Magic was here. Wild.

Still... MambaMentality normally wins out, so go get em Rob. I'm rooting for ya, but Kawhi will win me over.

ElginTheGreat, OmarE, TIME and 2 others like this.
  2. karacha

karacha Moderator Staff Member

When you say Rich/Klutch, you are absolutely right, but I feel Bron deserves a ton of credit too. It's basically Bron/Rich doing most of the heavy lifting for us. Now, I have no doubt that Rob works very hard too. He's just inexperienced.

TIME, Jaguar, Toneloc and 2 others like this.
  3. LakerFanIam

LakerFanIam - Lakers 6th Man -

Is Horton-Tucker somehow attached or due to Klutch Management too..? Sorta feels that way.

4. Kou

Kou - Lakers 6th Man -

Everyone in the week leading to the draft:

OMMMFFFGGGGG ROBS A MORON LOOK AT WHAT THE MEDIA IS SAYING? 500 PICKS AND NOW NO MAX!?!?! GRIFFIN TOOK HIS SOUL.

After we clearly had a plan in place:

Well done to Rich Paul and LeBron for sorting out the Lakers.

I imagine it will be Lebron who recruits the third star, may as well just promote him and Rich Paul to PBO and GM.

therealdeal, Bhelly and LTLakerFan like this.
  5. karacha

Bron would probably enjoy that very much. :) But yeah, he does recruit heavily.

LTLakerFan likes this.
  6. Jesus Magillicutty

Jesus Magillicutty - Rookie -

Yes, I read somewhere HT is represented by Klutch.

LakerFanIam likes this.
  7. LTLakerFan

LTLakerFan - Lakers Legend -

:Lebronwhat:

:Shaqdisappointed:

:Laugh:

8. KB24

KB24 Administrator Staff Member

Certified Tax Advisor
    Working hard isn't exactly praiseworthy...it should be a given for the amount of money and responsibility they have.

Working smart matters and so far, he hasn't looked particularly smart.

He isn't just inexperienced. He is a snitch too. And a joke around the league.

It doesn't matter if the perception is true or not, its there and thats all that matters. He has no respect among his peers and among players.

I want him gone, regardless of what he does. Even if he gets Kawhi to come here, I prefer integrity any day of the week and twice on sundays.

alam1108, Jaguar and Toneloc like this.
  9. karacha

Well, I don’t know if he is going to be fired any time soon.

lakerfan2 likes this.
  10. Savory Griddles

Savory Griddles Moderator Staff Member

Why is everyone praising Rob right now due to the fact that the 4 got moved? Is that proof he knew what he was doing in regards to the cap? Until those other three dudes are included in the trade, and I see it in writing, he still screwed up. They need to be gone in the AD trade. No one has reported that to the best of my knowledge which means, as far as we know right now, we still don't have the max deal.

11. lakerfan2

lakerfan2 - Lakers All Star -

12. abeer3

abeer3 - Lakers Legend -

i'm still not positive i care much about the max. still think we have limited shot at the big names, and i think there's more than one way to be competitive when you have lebron and anthony davis already on the roster.

would adding kawhi be super? absolutely. but we should be able to field a very competitive roster without a max. if we can't, that's when i'm after rob's head. see: last year's disgrace of a roster build.

13. TIME

TIME Administrator Staff Member

Lifelong Lakers fan.
    I am convinced Rob is better than his recent press indicates. That said, I really wanted Griffin. He just proved how good he is once again. Pels are set up to make a big impact in 3-5 years IF they are able to retain their best players.

14. TIME

TIME Administrator Staff Member

Lifelong Lakers fan.
    We will know soon. The hints are there. Atlanta was one of the few teams that could help absorb our guys. I think an agreement is in place already. It all depends on whether we get a Max FA (Kawhi) to agree to come. If so, we jettison our 3 guys to get to 32M. If not, we probably keep the deal as is, and use the 23M to sign multiple guys.

15. lakerfan2

Just to ease your mind Savory. Things won't really get moving until we get someone signed and we can include those players July 6, but the framework for this trade is there.

The initial trade report that seemed bare was intentional. The media ran with it thinking Rob didn't do his due diligence when in fact, he allowed the Pelicans to shop the #4 to whoever they wanted instead of us finding a third team, that worked out for them because they got a massive haul of picks from Atlanta. Now that the Pelicans got their side of the trade done and a third team involved, we have a three team trade now making moving the three players easier than doing a straight up trade with the Pelicans.

alam1108, therealdeal and TIME like this.
  16. therealdeal

therealdeal Moderator Staff Member

If it wasn't for Woj and Ramona constantly s***ting on Rob, nobody would be talking such a mess about us. Right now we have an easy path to a 3rd max (including Kuzma if needed to move Wagner into cap space) to go with LeBron James and Anthony Davis. I mean... that's GM of the year worrhy movement right there. If Morey was doing it, it'd be called the best summer by far for a GM. Especially when you consider Boston is ACTUALLY a dumpster fire, Houston is a step from irrelevance, and Golden State is injured. Are people just forgetting we AT WORST have 2 of the top 6 or 7 players in the league and room to fill out a roster with good veterans?

The problem is the Lakers' radio silence leaves a void that the media is using to make us look worse. The Lakers have trapped themselves in a media corner by cutting everyone off or outright lying to them like what happened with Ramona. Now they're going to get s*** on no matter what they do. I guarantee you if the Lakers sign Kemba or Kawhi or Kyrie or Butler, the narrative will be that the Lakers fell backwards into success. It'll be inaccurate and unfair, but even Laker fans are eating up false narratives from Woj and Ramona, why shouldn't the national media do the same?

Toklat, Battle Tested20, TIME and 8 others like this.
  17. Kou

Kou - Lakers 6th Man -

Yeah completely agree with this, also think it’s a stage thing with Rob, if he gets a third star it will be the next thing like “I’ll give him props if he fills out the roster” etc.

He should get due credit and criticism if deserved, it happened with Mitch where suddenly because of MozDeng people seemed to forget the good he did or attributed it to other people retrospectively.

therealdeal likes this.
  18. lakerfan2

Yeah, notice there's not ONE article mentioning how bad the C Bags are looking right now and how Ainge has managed the situation.

The IT situation, Kyrie and Horford leaving, Baynes opting in to stay on a cap friendly deal only to be sent out to Phoenix, the multitude of "assets"/draft picks that ultimately turned into nothing, nothing...let me repeat...NOTHING.

The very same assets that we traded for a TOP 5 PLAYER IN THE LEAGUE, yet our future no longer exists? Ainge would've JUMPED at this chance if he were in Pelinka's situation and would be heralded as the best GM of all time. The media bias is real and so many people are falling into it.

And you know what...I could give two flying poops. Hate on it, laugh at us, WE GOT AD. Whether we end up with $23 or $32.5 million, we're back in contention and the Boston is looking to rebuild...their rebuild.

19. ElginTheGreat

ElginTheGreat - Lakers MVP -

Rob and Kurt are our guys for the foreseeable future. They should be critiqued on their actual actions, not a bunch of made up crap by people with blatant agendas. The media didn't just critique they trade, they pretty much called him an idiot who doesn't understand basic components of his job.

That's just unacceptable. I've been very critical but I'd like nothing more than for Rob and Kurt to hit a home run and bring in Kawhi or Butler just to watch the heads of these media people explode.

20. ElginTheGreat

ElginTheGreat - Lakers MVP -

Guys like Griff are why we questioned bringing in inexperienced people like Magic and Rob in the first place.

Still think we should have at least brought in one or two veterans to help in the front office but that ship has sailed for the time being.

TIME, alam1108, Cookie and 2 others like this.