Optimism Discussion: The Laker's Sky Is Not Falling

Discussion in 'Lakers Discussion' started by therealdeal, Jun 20, 2016.

1. ZenMaster

ZenMaster - Lakers All Star -

Enough with the millenials crap and your senseless gloating. It is borderline trolling at this point.

TIME, alam1108 and scnottaken like this.
  2. KRL

KRL - Lakers 6th Man -

What has the team done the past 5 yrs?

Before this draft ... the most promising is Ingram with potential solid role players in Nance Jr and Zubac. Clarkson was nice but now he's making $12.5mm and his attitude isn't what Magic and Pelinka want on the team. I'm pulling for Randle to breakout seeing how he is in tremendous shape and I'm not hoping it's for his contract yr.

Then the cherry were the amazing Moz and Deng contracts. Surprisingly Swaggy and Lou were very good value deals.

The the cake in DLo .... sorry he's a bust. Maybe he can pop a maturity pill and figure things out in Brooklyn

3. KRL

KRL - Lakers 6th Man -

Trolling how ?? It's pretty much a fact a lot of the people up in arms about Magic and Pelinka are angry over Russell. Is that trolling? It just so happens a lot of these people never even watched Magic play and how amazing he was!

There are so many pathetic threads or comments calling him Tragic Johnson and wishing how Russell will drop 50 on the Lakers next year. Seriously what type of f'ing fans are those !!!!

4. scnottaken

scnottaken - Rookie -

He was supporting boron. That's all we need to know about his ability for spotting talent. If he's half the hard a** idiot boron was, then he's a dinosaur.

5. therealdeal

therealdeal Moderator Staff Member

Let's calm down.

Both sides are jumping to unfair conclusions.

lakerjones, gcclaker, TIME and 3 others like this.
  6. SFGOLDRUSHER

SFGOLDRUSHER - Lakers Starter -

Master Optimist.
    But this is the optimism thread.

Remember when yall turned against me in the WMC thread when i was defending Kobe on those trash of teams and yall were acting like yall had a point lol. I understood and actually didn't even notice when i was doing that in the WMC thread.

If anything, you should get checked in this thread if you're not backing our team like the family the Lakers are supposed to be..even the fans. Its the optimism thread, and i am so effing optimistic for so much!

Who wants to watch some games of the rookies!? We can split one half each.

ZenMaster, TIME and therealdeal like this.
  7. Toklat

Toklat - Lakers 6th Man -

I agree completely on Magic. He was such a great inspirational player it is very hard to be disrespectful to him. I disagreed with a lot of his comments but I'm all on board now. I've watched that hook shot a thousand times...

LTLakerFan likes this.
  8. KareemtheGreat33

KareemtheGreat33 - Lakers MVP -

Brow-beater
    I love Magic, my childhood room still has a wall of Magic Johnson posters... I can't wait with what's in store for the Lakers with him in charge.

LTLakerFan and sirronstuff like this.
  9. sirronstuff

sirronstuff - Lakers Legend -

Your time is running out Ham
    One of Magic's greatest gifts was the willingness, in spite of his obvious greatness, to willingly pump others up and not only share the spotlight, but shine it on them.

The way he speaks about Kareem as the Captain. The way he gave MJ credit. Saying Kobe was the greatest Laker ever and wanting him involved. Supporting Luke. Praising Rob Pelinka for his expertise. Saying BI is untouchable, Asking Lonzo, before he's even played a single game, to try to save one or two team records for him.

Magic will openly root for winners that work hard and give you the spotlight.

If he doesn't respect you or what you are about, he'll trash you in the media (Buss, DAR), and get you fired or traded lol.

Remember, Magic is a business mogul at this point. He's "The Man" on a number of levels, but he's busy giving others the spotlight as often as possible. He certainly doesn't need to. In giving away all that attention and truly tapping into peoples' passion for recognition, he has their total dedication. He's the master at the assist, and he sees it in Lonzo too. A selfless gifted leader with super high bball IQ.

He's pretty amazing at what he does. I'm watching with curiosity how this translates to him successfully running the franchise, but I believe wholeheartedly it will happen.

raviator, jbiggs, therealdeal and 5 others like this.
  10. LTLakerFan

LTLakerFan - Lakers Legend -

Surprised at your genuine Magic Johnson passion. :Headbang:

You and BonkScooter clearly never would have been drinking buddies. Oh wait not cool to speak ill of the dead. :Laugh:

11. OmarE

OmarE - Lakers Starter -

12. OmarE

OmarE - Lakers Starter -

Check out @UCLAHealthTC's Tweet:

13. LTLakerFan

LTLakerFan - Lakers Legend -

Someone tweet the link to PG and remind him the Pacific Ocean and 75 degrees in Jan-Feb is 1/2 mile west of this new state of the art facility with the freaking cryogenic chambers instead of ice baths and large screen projection home theater quality media room vs who cares what elsewhere?

I'm getting pissed now to think he would after all this happy talk, consider signing an extension in Boston up front. I do not believe it. And f*** him if he does. He could screw us here then in 2019 by not resigning here. I expect to read his agent re-iterate Paul's stance that irregardless of what happens in Boston next year and irregardless of who is on the roster .... he is coming Home at the first chance in FA.

Last edited: Jun 27, 2017
  14. Savory Griddles

Savory Griddles Moderator Staff Member

Closet Clipper fans everywhere!!!

[​IMG]

therealdeal and Weezy like this.
  15. Battle Tested20

Battle Tested20 Moderator Staff Member

Technical Data Analyst
  16. therealdeal

17. ElginTheGreat

ElginTheGreat - Lakers MVP -

Just coming to post this.

I always liked Kendrick...lol

18. lakerfan2

lakerfan2 - Lakers All Star -

Jerry West low-key Lakers spy brought in to dismantle the Clippers.

:Brows:

19. therealdeal

This is the power of the Laker brand. Despite YEARS of bottom feeding, we are in the Top 5 on merchandise sales for the NBA. We beat out the vaunted Rockets. We beat out the Process. The only teams better than us were contenders (or close to it) and we had ZERO high jersey sellers. We were marketing Russell and Ingram and Randle who have done very little in their careers and accomplished almost nothing. Russell was probably our best sales point and his popularity around the league was rocky at best.

This is what you walk into meetings and hold over stars' heads. This is why, when all things are equal, Free Agents are going to pick the Lakers. All things being equal meaning we're as competitive as the next guy of course. This is why LeBron would never be a Clipper. At their absolute highest peaks they had no sellers in the Top 15 on jerseys and weren't in the Top 10 on merchandise. This is 100% the reason guys still have their eye on this franchise.

All it takes is a couple of our kids to show they're real. All it takes is Lonzo and Ingram to show some next-level talent and the flock to join our team is on. I can't imagine how much money a guy like Paul George or (good Lord) LeBron James would make in merchandise and jersey sales worldwide with our logo on his jerseys. They'd be in the Top 10 easily and that's just one angle that they make more money in Los Angeles.

20. KRL

KRL - Lakers 6th Man -

Just a feeling but a Laker Ball jersey will be top 5 this coming season

Barnstable likes this.