Official Marvel / MCU Discussion:

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by ThizGuy83, Feb 9, 2015.

1. Savory Griddles

Savory Griddles Moderator Staff Member

Hemsworth's body doesn't look roided up. He's leaner than Evans.

2. TIME

TIME Administrator Staff Member

Lifelong Lakers fan.
    I was thinking the opposite, but they are probably both geared up.

3. therealdeal

therealdeal Moderator Staff Member

I think both are on steroids in order to bulk up quickly between movies. Both are also very disciplined in their diets and training though from what I've seen.

It's no insult to them. I've considered doing it since I'm not competing in any sports or anything.

4. Kingsama

Kingsama - Rookie -

From.what I have scene both are very dedicated to a very clean diet and both kill themselves in the gym. Chris Evans in particular murders himself everyday in the gym. Also you don't need roids to look like that these days with the mountains of suppliments available that may or may not kill you in the end lol

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Savory Griddles likes this.
  5. therealdeal

I think you need them to bulk up quickly. These guys have such strict schedules it's tough to hit those marks without some help. They're definitely on top of their diets and workouts, but I wouldn't be remotely surprised if they juiced to make sure they got the gains they needed in short time frames.

6. Savory Griddles

I could see an HGH cycle, but steroids seems unlikely to me, unless when you say they are roiding up you are including HGH.

Kingsama likes this.
  7. Kenzo

Kenzo - Lakers All Star -

They're on roids, no doubt, even if they only need a better recovery. With their busy schedule, 2-3 shots of "stupid" testosterone a week can do wonders.

8. SamsonMiodek

SamsonMiodek - Lakers 6th Man -

Family guy
    Well, Hulk IS an idiot. He's just incredibly strong and next to undestructible :D

9. Kingsama

Kingsama - Rookie -

Finally saw Thor and I have to say it was a real disappointment. Don't get me wrong it was enjoyable for sure. It had good action, was visually stunning, music was good, and was funny. BUT it was just emotionally flat, the story lacked any real narrative power, and was a waist of some good actors/characters eg Valkerye and Hela. It felt like the movie was written around punch lines instead of being a good story with comedic elements. Here Thor is going through some really hard stuff with his brother, dad, spoilers sister, and even his people planet and instead of feeling it here comes a anus joke. Don't get me wrong I. Not above such humor, it just seemed like when it was time for an emotional punch you got a punch line by characters who seemed completely disconnected from the story they were in. It was also way to rushed at the end as the time on sakar was way too long.

Did I enjoy it? Yeah I did, but it felt like a poor attempt at GotG. It was all anus jokes, no heart. Much like the Bale Batman series, which is good, I never felt any sort of connection to any of the characters, which is sad because they are all going through really tough circumstances that should be very vulnerable and allow the audience to really relate to them... Just bad story telling IMO.

EDIT Re:Roids.... I just don't think those guys are big enough to need roids. Are they cut? yes. Do they add 25+ lbs of muscle in a couple months? sure. Is that outrageous in a world where you can hire world class trainers, work out 3-4 hours a day, intermittent fast, and pay a world class nutritionist to prepare all your meals and fill you full of every kind of supplement known to man? Nah. there are plenty of pro athletes and even everyday joes that walk around like that.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Last edited: Dec 3, 2017
    alam1108, Savory Griddles and TIME like this.
  10. Savory Griddles

Perfectly said in regards to Thor.

11. Kingsama

Kingsama - Rookie -

12. therealdeal

I'm excited for Marvel to get 95% of their properties back.

A buddy also pointed out that this means Disney gets the full rights to Star Wars Episode 4 which they didn't have.

Savory Griddles likes this.
  13. Savory Griddles

Nor would they ever have had it. Fox had the those forever. I wonder if they will release the original theatrical cuts now. Kathleen Kennedy has said the Special Editions are the official canon. I wonder if there is something in the Star Wars contract they signed with Lucas that doesn't allow them to do that.

14. Kingsama

Kingsama - Rookie -

If they can make money, they will release em lol.

therealdeal likes this.
  15. therealdeal

I mean... I don't think they change the canon necessarily, but they're definitely going to release those cuts eventually.

Although to be honest, the originals are pretty ugly at some points. The Special Editions helped in some ways and in other ways went way, way over the top.

Also Han murdered the hell out of Greedo and I'm okay with that.

16. Savory Griddles

They did a remaster of them in the early 90's and made them look better, then the 1997 Special editions happened with the crazy musical number in RotJ and stuff.

The thing with those cuts is George Lucas was such an a** about the Special Editions and the fan backlash, I wouldn't be surprised if there was something in the language of the contract when he signed Lucasfilm over to Disney that stipulated there would be no theatrical cut release.

17. therealdeal

That's a good point. I remember the remaster and I liked it. I took a long break from watching the originals and then I saw the 97 Specials and I was confused as all hell about the music.

I wouldn't be surprised either, but we'll see. If there's a way for Disney to make money, you bet they'll find a way to get to those theatrical releases.

18. alam1108

alam1108 - Lakers Legend -

Yes! Mostly excited for the MCU, they can use Silver Surfer/Doctor Doom for post Thanos.

19. Kingsama

Kingsama - Rookie -

There are several different Theatrical cut releases from VHS to Laserdisc to the DVDs. It wouldn't take a large investment to clean them up and release them in a Special Edition set that fans will salivate over. Make it a box set with a bunch of crap in it and I am sure it will sell very well.

Don't forget Galactus!

20. therealdeal

Oh absolutely. A friend in Paramount tells me the Lucasfilm purchase from Disney means they've got complete power so if this Fox deal goes through, they are 100% going to sell a theatrical release of all 7 (probably 8 movies by that point) movies. It'll sell like absolute hotcakes and they'll make money hand over fist.