LABron James Discussion: 21st Season - Setting New Standards

Discussion in 'Lakers Discussion' started by therealdeal, Jun 8, 2017.

1. LTLakerFan

LTLakerFan - Lakers Legend -

Not true. The hair plugs have worked a small miracle.

[​IMG]

gcclaker, sirronstuff, abeer3 and 4 others like this.
  2. therealdeal

therealdeal Moderator Staff Member

[​IMG]

3. sirronstuff

sirronstuff - Lakers Legend -

Your time is running out Ham
    He is pretty obsessed, so that’s pretty funny.

4. Kenzo

Kenzo - Lakers All Star -

^ beyond AWESOME. I just love how defensive he got all of a sudden :D

5. therealdeal

I hate that guy. He's a joke.

Seems like that was staged, but I hope not. I hope he's embarrassed for his life, but probably not.

6. Battle Tested20

Battle Tested20 Moderator Staff Member

Technical Data Analyst

7. Weezy

Weezy Moderator Staff Member

The greatest athlete who’s ever lived is a really dumb statement. Nobody can say that and have it be remotely accurate. The greatest athlete ever may have lived hundreds or thousands of years ago and we’d never know. But not going into the crazier side even, from videos I’ve seen of Wilt Chamberlain, he has a better claim to that title than LeBron.

8. Weezy

This made me throw up in my mouth a little, but it is LeBron to Lakers related, so here it is. Simmons seems to want to jinx this or something.

9. LTLakerFan

Long f****** read and I will likely get to all of it at some point but this caught my eye near the top:

 "when we already believed someone was truly great, truly different, truly special, and then they delivered again anyway. When that happens, it’s almost eerie to watch. It’s the final level of everything."

Would it have killed him to also have said something like, ".... or Kobe Bryant with 60 points at the age of 37 in his final game after 20 years with the Lakers"

10. KareemtheGreat33

KareemtheGreat33 - Lakers MVP -

Brow-beater
    no jinx, he just wants LBJ out of the East for the C Bags to have an easy path to the Finals, Simmons has been at it for three years now lol

11. therealdeal

Ugh I hate Simmons, but that was one of his more well written pieces in a long time.

I disagree with the Ball trade narrative although I'm not dismissing it out of hand. I think Ball on the court is more helpful than most things we could get for him. He's a good defender, great passer, low usage guy. That's perfect for LeBron and George.

12. Weezy

I hated the Ball part. If we got LeBron, then tradeD Zo for some aging “star” or even a 2nd tier guy to appease him, I’d be pissed. Dude is already a big impact player on the court and we have him on that rookie contract for 4 years. You don’t toss that away to follow the Wiggins trade model.

Toklat, SirJunkyBen, Cookie and 6 others like this.
  13. Battle Tested20

Battle Tested20 Moderator Staff Member

Technical Data Analyst
    Yes, it would have killed him. Its Bill Simmons we're talking about. I actually enjoy his podcast quite a bit. He's entertaining at times and the content he creates is really great. Just hate it whenever he talks about "his team" and bashes the Lakers.

JohnnyComeLately2k6 likes this.
  14. therealdeal

Well we can follow the Wiggins model, but it'd probably be Ingram or Kuzma instead of Ball. Ball makes too much sense to keep.

JohnnyComeLately2k6 likes this.
  15. KareemtheGreat33

KareemtheGreat33 - Lakers MVP -

Brow-beater
    Imagine trading Lonzo and Dung to the Spurs for Kahwi? Lavar vs. Pop everyday would be priceless

16. LTLakerFan

If that happen's because of him for Lonzo, Randle, Ingram or Kuzma .... for me I'd swing back the other way again and support his head mounted where Boron's is below with his own special version. You have to look at where these 4 players will be even this coming next season after a long summer of prep and certainly the next 2 years following. Who TF is going to be worth that? I see wonderful and unique players and you don't want to lose any of those 4 .... abeer's statistics be damned. I see the glimpses and the actual times they all dominate already NOW.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 23, 2018
  17. Helljumper

Helljumper - Lakers All Star -

Student
    The Wiggins trade worked. I trust that if we did ship out our young pieces to appease Lebron, it would be to cash in on our assets for another superstar. We’re not trading Lonzo for a washed up Melo or something like that.

25 year old PF who puts up great numbers but hasn’t won anything. His team sees the writing is on the wall that this player won’t stay long term so they ship him out to a contender in return for an elite young prospect. The contender wins a championship. That’s the model for the Wiggins trade.

Hypothetical here. Let’s say Lebron and George are about to sign on the dotted line but only if we first pull the trigger on a trade that nets us Anthony Davis for Lonzo, Ingram, Kuzma, and Deng. Would you say no to that?

18. LTLakerFan

Yes. I would hate it. There's a lot more to being a fan for me than jettising all those guys I talked about above for 1 yeah he's great and he's uber expensive more player. Look at all the money tied up in 3 guys. Just me but screw that. I really like our players and their futures. Not purple effing glasses. I enjoy the repertoire of all the talents of those three players combined more than I would of watching AD. That's a huge part. I get excited watching them play and picturing what's to come. Additionally a lot of stars aligned and great luck with the ping pong balls and great scouting went into us having those 3 players and I include Randle in there as well. Uniqueness in each of them. AD unique too I know. BUT give me the numbers in total over just AD.

Last edited: Feb 23, 2018
    Toklat, alam1108 and Cookie like this.
  19. therealdeal

Man. That's a tough call. I would probably do whatever I had to do to keep one of those kids. I don't want to be empty handed when that lot had run its course.

20. Weezy

I would have a hard time with that one. It solves the issue of LeBron exiting his prime soon by getting us 2 stars to keep us going as he declines, but I don’t think I could give up ALL 3 of those kids. I would probably have to keep one of Zo, Kuz, and Ingram to do that. I know Davis is a star, but he has injury concerns, and trading less than that has landed Chris Paul, Kyrie Irving, and Paul George. I realize the cost of dumping Deng, but that is a high cost.