LABron James Discussion: 21st Season - Setting New Standards

Discussion in 'Lakers Discussion' started by therealdeal, Jun 8, 2017.

1. alam1108

alam1108 - Lakers Legend -

Harden was quickly pushed up as the best SG in the league when Kobe was still playing, before the Achilles injury.

The biggest thing for me with the whole Kobe Lebron thing is mostly media based. Kobe is the superior basketball player, he’s the the physical specimen that Lebron is but his Mamba Mentality puts him a step above everyone. The media though, they were constantly blowing Lebron while taking every opportunity to take a shot at Kobe. Lakers win a game by 20, oh wait Kobe only had 4 assists and took 25 shots. Lebron’s team lost by 20? But wait, look at his near triple double, he needs more help.

2. TIME

TIME Administrator Staff Member

Lifelong Lakers fan.
    How does that explain how I actually liked TMac back in the day when he and Kobe were both in their prime and most outside of Los Angeles were claiming TMac was better than Kobe? Or how I respected Bird when it was Magic vs. Bird?

Time for you to stop doing amateur psychological evaluations of Lakers fans, and just accept the reality that LeBron was the prima donna as clearly proven above. As his #2 fan (after Anon) you can be happy some of us are now warming up to him both because he’s playing for us and also showing signs of growing out of his former ways.

Lakeshow85, jbiggs, Toklat and 8 others like this.
  3. karacha

karacha Moderator Staff Member

OK, TMac was a very likeable guy for sure. :)

4. lakerfan2

lakerfan2 - Lakers All Star -

Stan culture is so toxic. It creates such one mindedness and rarely do they ever side with facts or logic. They just continue down a path of one right answer and never open up to interpretation.

I don't feel sorry for them though. They just get left in the dust.

5. vasashi17

vasashi17 LB's Resident Capologist

It's why I hate the Goat convo so much in a team sport.

Hey, I don't mind them talking it up tho, but if I'm criticizing your guy (and imho it's warranted) then don't argue with me from that player's aspect, when I'm coming at you with the best interests of my team. That's where stans need to STFU for real.

Y'all can have the Goat convo. I still think it's Kap and its not even close, but I'll get up out the way gladly if you disagree with me. It's just not that important to me at all.

6. lakerfan2

lakerfan2 - Lakers All Star -

Right. I'm just happy to appreciate that we had almost each one on the Lakers.

There's so much to equate when it comes to the team and depth, rules and physicality, and competition level at the time, it's almost impossible to make a fair comparison for anybody.

7. vasashi17

We are no doubt spoiled to death with great players.. which is why we continously believe we can get more.

Hate on Bron not being the goat...I couldn't care less.

But hating on him before he can even prove his worth in a Lakers jersey?!? Why Laker fans are even allowing the media propaganda machine to f*** with their emotions?!? What kind of toxic attitude is that?!?

A mass majority of Laker fans was hating on dude for signing with us (after a 5 yr dry spell in free agency, where we were sincerely upset Howard left...let that sink in)...

Not prolonging free agency (dude signed on day 1)...

Not forcing roster change to sign (didn't encourage the FO to carry out godfather deal for Kawhi)...

Not holding us hostage and making it all about himself instead of team building (commiting to us by signing a 3+1 deal)...

This guy in good faith signed with us...yet a good chunk of the faithful s***ted on him. Kind of disgusting tbh...only a toxic perspective can continously undermine the dude after how free agency shook out without any fanfare (ie "look at my greatness and how I'll make LA great again" campaign)...nah, instead he followed up the signing by shedding light on a school he helped build.

Smfh at how some "Lakers fans" were acting towards the guy. Truly toxic. [/Du-rant]

8. Toklat

Toklat - Lakers 6th Man -

That is another great post.

Lakeshow85, TIME and jbiggs like this.
  9. Juronimo

Juronimo - Lakers Starter -

plays with one's and zero's
    This is exactly how I feel. I was ecstatic we signed him.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

lakerjones likes this.
  10. wcsoldier81

wcsoldier81 - Lakers All Star -

It's a matter of teams fans vs "more of a" players fans imo .

If the only thing you have in mind is surpassing the C Bags number of titles , you will root for Lebron .

Some were/are more Kobe fans than Lakers fans , this is when the Lebron bashing comes into play.
    Both have "douchery" in them , Kobe is more of an old school douche whereas Lebron is more about this new "fake" perception/communication thing .

If you're 30+ , chance is you won't like Lebron way of "acting" .
    He's done amazing things off the court though .

At the end of the day , he's not taking the purple and gold jersey lightly so I'm fully rooting for him and fully enjoy watching another elite player wearing our colors on a nightly basis again ... it's been a while by Lakers standards

Last edited: Dec 13, 2018
    raviator, Lakeshow85, TIME and 4 others like this.
  11. KareemtheGreat33

KareemtheGreat33 - Lakers MVP -

Brow-beater
    I'll root for any player the second he dons the purple and gold let alone the best player in the league. To me his Chosen1 tattoo has never been more appropriate than when he signed his Laker contract. As a Laker he has been a model human being without a hint of his previous perceived narcissism. I never cared for pre Laker Lebron, but now the narcissism is with anyone who can't appreciate what Lebron has done for us and our favorite team, making us relevant once again.

12. SamsonMiodek

SamsonMiodek - Lakers 6th Man -

Family guy
    You guys are killing me.

There is not one person on this board rooting against Bron.

There was not a lot of hate towards him when he joined, some of us expressed concerns which I still feel legitimate. To say he may be significantly overpaid in 3-4 years is not hating on him. Worrying how he'll impact the youth's development is neither.

It took me a few weeks but I'm now on the Bron train and happy he's here. He made me change my mind about some of my concerns and I couldn't be more happy about it.

Having said that you guys are going overboard with the love here all while (again) attacking those of us that who diaagree (or did at the beginning). Can we finally stop dividing us into Lakers and Kobe fans? I became a fan because of Shaq. He left and I remained a fan. Kobe left too and I'm still here and rooting for the Lakers, I stuck around during one of the worst stretches in the history. It's insulting to have to read on my favorite place on the internet that I care more about Kobe than the Lakers. I'm sure many will agree.

BTW it's ironic how this narrative is pushed by lifelong Bron fans who have followed him from team to team. I would expect better from people who have been members for as long as some of you guys.

raviator, Lakeshow85, Cookie and 4 others like this.
  13. vasashi17

If any of you think my post was addressing you, then you're guilty haha.

Nah, just f***ing with yall...these are the f***ing tools that I'm addressing:

[​IMG]

14. lakerjones

lakerjones Moderator Staff Member

I never cared for Lebron and have actively rooted against him for much of his career. But I'm all Lakers all the time and the fact that he WANTED to come here goes incredibly far for me. I was thinking much of last year that he might actually come here as it seemed like his best destination and when he did I was beyond thrilled. He's still the best player in the game right now IMO and to see him killing it in a Lakers jersey is just such a blast. I'm hoping we can add at least one more top tier talent to get us a ring during his time here. I think we can do it.

raviator, Lakeshow85, KB24 and 4 others like this.
  15. vasashi17

What a douche... amirite?

16. KareemtheGreat33

KareemtheGreat33 - Lakers MVP -

Brow-beater
  17. Weezy

Weezy Moderator Staff Member

:Joshharthearthands:

18. karacha

karacha Moderator Staff Member

Well, if he was on that team, they certainly would not be in this position right now.

sirronstuff and KB24 like this.
  19. Battle Tested20

Battle Tested20 Moderator Staff Member

Technical Data Analyst
    Interesting read

JohnnyComeLately2k6 likes this.
  20. vasashi17

They're called free throws, Bron...FREE throws!!! Goddamnit!

[​IMG]