LABron James Discussion: 21st Season - Setting New Standards

Discussion in 'Lakers Discussion' started by therealdeal, Jun 8, 2017.

1. LaVarBallsDad

LaVarBallsDad - Lakers Legend -

We need another star besides him; this Lebron and the "kids" thing isn't going to work. It's early, yes, but he's going to get very frustrated soon. I can feel it.

That said, our options open up after 12/15. And no, he isn't innocent in all of this; there's been defensive lapses out there from him that I think most of us have seen; the solution has been his team has always had the most talent for the last 5 or so years, so they get by with his lackluster effort on the defensive end.

I'd start looking right now for options to upgrade this roster...

ElginTheGreat and abeer3 like this.
  2. Punk-101

Punk-101 - Lakers Starter -

Melo:BI =\= Lebron:Cp

Lebron was consoling his bff. Melo pulled Bi away from the fight (good move), but once lance was there to restrain BI, melo kept instigating BI.

:50 mark

3. Lakeshow85

Lakeshow85 - Rookie -

SPoken like the wise woman you are!

4. vasashi17

vasashi17 LB's Resident Capologist

@Punk-101 @Cookie y'all made your judgement on dude before he even got here. As much as I love trollin haters I got no horses in the hate race. If Bron helps LA get back, cool...If Bron fails here, I'm not going to make excuses for him tho.

Two guys got in it and out of the two, Cp3 outweighs Rondo. That's Bron's guy off the court (no doubt), but he separated the heavier dude out of the 2. BI charged, Rondo was contained, Bron had Cp3 contained and so Melo grabbed BI.

That's the way to diffuse a fight. All these guys were heated so it looked like BI was talking s*** with Melo, but Melo coulda said anything (like "calm down young fella") and BI woulda felt a way to that.

It's a completely different situation cause no face jabs and punches were thrown, but Kob is hermanos with Pau and chill with Cp3...look how he gets in the middle of both dudes he knows and then when things escalate he goes to Chris to calm his a** down. Kob successful shut that s*** down, even tho he went to the "enemy" 1st...

Now Kob didn't put his hand around dude, but not every guy is like Kob. Bron physically restrained Chris and afterwards calmed him down his way. I'm fine with that cause it's not like he publicly denounced Rondo or BI afterwards. He most likely saved those dudes a whole lot more cash by physically removing Chris from the scrum since no other Rocket (I see you Harden and Melo) rushed to the scene to hold Chris back (Tucker tried but got there too late).

5. sirronstuff

sirronstuff - Lakers Legend -

Your time is running out Ham
    Closet bronsexuals are coming out I see

6. Punk-101

i think you got my feelings about lebron and this situation twisted, old friend. But for good reasons; I have said nasty things about the guy in the past. I still think he's a douche, but I'm glad he's ours and I'm not looking for any excuse to bag on the guy. In fact, I'm not too down on him for calming his BFF. I get what he was trying to do. I can see how it comes across as a bad look though. I only entered the discussion solely on the point of comparing melo. I'm not with ya on that one. Dude is a known b**** about these things. Fits his m.o. to a T.

TIME likes this.
  7. JohnnyComeLately2k6

JohnnyComeLately2k6 - Lakers 6th Man -

Data Vampire Buckaroo
    I agree with arguments from both sides of the story, but I'm sick to my stomach saying this that in the end, Bron did the right thing.
    :Kobepuking:

8. johnnyboy

johnnyboy - Lakers 6th Man -

Im Satoshi Nakamoto
    Holding chris back is fine for a bit, consoling him and hugging him sends the wrong message. Period. Simple as that. You back up your team and make sure the young fella is good. As a leader they need to know you are down with them when it goes down, AND he could probably calm BI down. Than after everything cooled off, you can walk up to cp3 and see if your BFF is good quickly and walk back to your team. SUPER weak move by lebron.

9. ElginTheGreat

ElginTheGreat - Lakers MVP -

This still honestly doesn’t bother me.

LeBron and Rondo were heated rivals for most of their careers. It’s going to take awhile for them to gel.

The situation remained testy for awhile there before the refs really got it under control and everyone off the court. I think that’s one of the biggest reasons Lebron just stayed holding back Paul. Their friendship vs his history with Rondo can’t be discounted here.

Overall, this just doesn’t strike me as anything that couldn’t be handled with a quick conversation amongst the guys at practice, over a beer, whatever if there’s any real issue here amongst the team at all.

JohnnyComeLately2k6 likes this.
  10. KareemtheGreat33

KareemtheGreat33 - Lakers MVP -

Brow-beater
    I thought Lebron held cPflop for BI to land his haymaker :LLLLLebronlaughing:

11. vasashi17

No need to clarify bud on the Bron front! You've shown you're reasonable and anything but what your handle implies haha.

I just know a 21 yr old kid that has been skinny, is playing a grown man sport and is tired with all the bulls*** of good defensive position not being acknowledged when an offensive player barrels into you. That kid is going to act up and be so worked up that even if someone is helping to diffuse the fight, he'll look at it as an attack cause they're wearing enemy colors.

BI got only 4 games cause he's a good kid and this is his 1st offense. But also had Melo not been there to force him away from the heap, BI could've connected a few more times and with each shot thrown, a multiplier towards suspended games is added. So thank you Melo for helping our young season out even if you have a history of being a douche.

Bron's first born, Bronny Jr, is godfathered by none other than Cp3. Strong move by Bron...period. More to life than basketball. Just ask Magic (HIV). Kareem (activist). Kobe (a creative Oscar winner for the kids).

By now, we've all seen the spit...

Cp3 overreacted...Rondo's troll game is 2nd to none...BI is finally standing up for himself...Bron helped saved all them dudes (teammates and off court bros) a significant portion of their bags. In a fight, I want those dudes around, not some fugazy that's "there for me", only to have me cough up my bag, cost my team a s*** load of games and make me feel like s*** for it afterwards.

alam1108, Punk-101 and Kenzo like this.
  12. Punk-101

I think melo started out doing the right thing by pulling BI away. Once lance got there, something douchey happened where melo had to be held back by his teammates. Maybe BI told him something inexcusable? I'm with you that melo saved BI more trouble, ultimately, douchiness and all.

LTLakerFan likes this.
  13. vasashi17

Y'all happy?... They ain't friends no more.

14. LaVarBallsDad

LaVarBallsDad - Lakers Legend -

I ain't even mad at that; they are friends. Whatever.

I wanted to see a Superstar tonight, though. As well as Rondo has been playing, I think Zo can be a better fit in some ways; and maybe just maybe Kuz can hit a corner 3 and his man won't cheat to load up on Bron.

:). Let's get this W, tonight, Bronny.

15. johnnyboy

johnnyboy - Lakers 6th Man -

Im Satoshi Nakamoto
    Cp3 didn't get shot by a 9mm in the face. He got hit with a couple jabs. He's fine. Cp3 is a grown man. Like I said, break up the fight, and go lead your team. After he bear hugged cp3, lebron could very easily see that he was fine, at which point he should have left and went back to his team instead of walking around the court hugging cp3 like a child. Cp3 even removed lebrons hands off his shoulder like "get off me already".

Cookie likes this.
  16. Kenzo

Kenzo - Lakers All Star -

He was sonning Paul, Gasol style
    Props... moving on now. Time for a W.

17. Kenzo

God damn it. I can live with the missed 3 but the FT's man? :(

18. KareemtheGreat33

KareemtheGreat33 - Lakers MVP -

Brow-beater
    yep, a little tired but that was an epic choke

alam1108, jbiggs, Chillbongo and 3 others like this.
  19. Kenzo

He gave us the OT though... ;)

20. John3:16

John3:16 Moderator Staff Member

CEO - Big Baller Brand
    A fadeaway with smaller defender. Ugh. Can't even make 1 FT ?

I'll say it. He ain't Kobe. Or DeRozan. Sheesh.

alam1108, tada, jbiggs and 4 others like this.