Anthony Davis Discussion: That's Why They Pay Me The Big Bucks

Discussion in 'Lakers Discussion' started by vasashi17, Sep 23, 2018.

1. vasashi17

vasashi17 LB's Resident Capologist

Rach, keep pushing that agenda for us...cause sooner or later "We got late breaking news: Woj/Shams reports AD demands out of Nawlins"

2. Weezy

Weezy Moderator Staff Member

Screamin A said the same thing on First Take today, of that he’d been hearing fellow media suggest the same thing. I like this narrative being pushed, it was only a month ago or so that Rachel was still mocking our team and offseason free agent signings saying no chance we make the playoffs.

3. vasashi17

Y'all already know what it is...
    #TheAD19lan

4. vasashi17

Btw, Jules went down with an ankle injury and is day to day. We get the Pels in a few days and the rest of their December ain't easy.

Also Sac keeps winning and that keeps deading the 1st they owe Boston. Also Jaylen Brown has hit a wall and suddenly our young crop looks like a better get for Nop than Boston's.

And yes I'm just as thirsty for AD, as sirron is for Bron.

abeer3 and JohnnyComeLately2k6 like this.
  5. tada

tada - Lakers All Star -

Seems like they can't catch a break with injuries, which is good news for us I guess. Hopefully Ingram/Kuzma/1st/fillers would be enough to get AD. I'd like to keep Ball.

6. alam1108

alam1108 - Lakers Legend -

Pelicans are decimated right now with all the injuries. Its gonna be the AD and Jrue show for a couple games which is great for us.

7. sirronstuff

sirronstuff - Lakers Legend -

Your time is running out Ham
    :Shaqfunnyface:

8. fabfourlakers

fabfourlakers - Lakers Starter -

we need to get AD before the trade deadline...or Boston enters the convo in the summer. if Boston offers their treasure chest of picks plus Tatum, it's over. Keep in mind, New Orleans would love to trade AD to the eastern conference...not to a western conference team that already features LeBron James...and they surely have PTSD from almost trading Chris Paul to us years back.

I say we offer KCP, Ingram, Hart and 2019 1st round pick for AD and call it a day.

9. abeer3

abeer3 - Lakers Legend -

negotiation be like:

[​IMG]

10. Khmrp

Khmrp - Lakers MVP -

we need these media moth piece to start spreading false rumors of AD wanting a trade like Beal lol

11. Savory Griddles

Savory Griddles Moderator Staff Member

If it's for AD, I trade Ingram, Ball, Hart, our 2019 pick and our 2021 pick. Then this offseasons you make a huge push for Khris Middleton. Resign Rondo for our room exception. Then fill in the rest.

alam1108 likes this.
  12. lakerjones

lakerjones Moderator Staff Member

I trade Ingram and Kuz plus picks. I want to keep Ball and Hart.

KareemtheGreat33 and tada like this.
  13. tada

tada - Lakers All Star -

Yeah AD prefers to play PF, which pushes both Ingram and Kuzma out of the starting lineup. I'd keep Ball and Hart too.

lakerjones likes this.
  14. Savory Griddles

Savory Griddles Moderator Staff Member

He can prefer that all he wants. Our best opportunity to build around him is with him at center. A frontline of him LBJ and Luz is killer. I think we can get Middleton with our remaining cap space. Besides, I think I it will cost us 3 of the 4 kids. We likely won't be able to keep Hart and Ball.

15. Punk-101

Punk-101 - Lakers Starter -

It's gonna be Kuz, BI, Hart, a 1st.

16. OX1947

OX1947 - Lakers All Star -

This whole AD trade is killin me. Either someone knows something or it's all just s*** to talk about because the NBA right now is boring as hell.

17. vasashi17

There have been rumors of Middleton and it's cause he's signed to the Excel/Schwartz tree that represents BI, TC and Zu (as well as Kemba).

The problem with trading for AD first (which soaks up our cap this coming summer) is that you can't follow up that type of trade with a max offer to free agents this summer.

Y'all trying to trade for AD this year, trying to spare either Zo or BI from being part of the package means it's AD and no 3rd star or even 25% max 2nd tier star to join a Bron-AD team.

If you trade for AD this year and hold onto Zo, then we'll have roughly 22.7m in cap space next summer. Middleton, Kemba and most 2nd tier stars are 30% max players (ie 32.7m in necessary cap to offer them in year 1 of their contracts). You're telling that type of free agent to sacrifice a whole lot (32.7m vs 22.7m) to join us after an AD trade.

If we target 0-6 yr players with the 25% max, we're still going to need roughly 27.3m in cap space to offer that tier of player their max and that means we'd still be short roughly 5m.

So if we trade for AD this year, that's all she wrote. We won't have a max slot and we'd need a Boogie type player to take the 20m or so of cap we would still have left...which means that said player would be in the "damaged goods buy low" category and that really doesn't fit a "win now" Bron-AD team. But hey, we'd still have Zo tho.

I still believe the plan is use the cap on a 30% max guy this summer (which means no KD)...then flip some of our kids (sparing either Hart, Kuz or both along with most of our 2018 class) for AD as we bust through the cap ceiling absorbing his contract with whatever cap space we have left.

You then got a 3star team with some kids. Mission accomplished!

@OX1947 you're such a team player. The Paula anti-jinx you did where you were positive she would come here was so klutch. So keep being a non-believer in the AD to LA movement...it'll definitely better our odds haha.

18. Lakeshow85

Lakeshow85 - Rookie -

Is it so bad to just have AD on the team minus Ingram, Kuz, and KCP or Hart?

I mean they’ve been talking about a max free agent and I know that’s the plan, but ultimately the plan is to have 2 superstars is it not? And Davis qualifies as that 2nd superstar. If the goal is to actually have 3 superstars then okay, I can see the hesitation at the idea of a trade now, but to me Davis added to this team is an instant Contender as long as we are able to keep Ball and one of Ingram or Kuz. We wouldn’t need a 3rd superstar and to be honest that never appealed to me anyway. There’s only one ball, so having 3 is overkill.

19. fabfourlakers

fabfourlakers - Lakers Starter -

You're forgetting one small little detail about trading for AD in the summer...

Boston will be there to compete with us in a bidding war...and they will ultimately win if they offer up Tatum.

This is why I think we need to just go for it right now. We could probably keep 2 of the 4 kids right now too...just offer up Ingram, Kuz and KCP or Ingram, Hart and KCP. Give them future picks (2019 and 2021)...and throw in a Mo Wagner too.

I'm not trying to compete with Boston and then once again get outbid by another eastern conference team because the western conference team didn't want to send AD within the same conference to the LAKERS of all teams

20. sirronstuff

sirronstuff - Lakers Legend -

Your time is running out Ham
    but...... will any team trade that much if he flat out says he won't be resigning there?

If AD tells Ainge no go, not happening, does he blow his assets on a one year rental?

Something to consider.

JohnnyComeLately2k6 likes this.