WMC 20-21: Whine, Moan And Complain... You Know You Want To

Discussion in 'Lakers Discussion' started by puffyusaf#2, Nov 25, 2020.

1. Khmrp

Khmrp - Lakers MVP -

back to "normal" today

jbiggs likes this.
  2. Punk-101

Punk-101 - Lakers Starter -

First 3rd of the season is going to be our preseason. We may hover around .500 in the meanwhile.

sirronstuff, jbiggs, abeer3 and 2 others like this.
  3. 432J

432J - Lakers All Star -

AD is either playing hurt or in total coast mode

Cookie and lakerjones like this.
  4. abeer3

abeer3 - Lakers Legend -

yeah, didn't see the game, but i was disappointed that both played. portland's not a great measuring stick, so i don't see the motivation to bring everyone, particular. i wonder if lillard and trent get geeked up enough to shoot 20-30 from the floor if we don't bring all the horses. pop used to do this with SA all the time--you'd get excited to play the defending champs, and parker and duncan would sit, you'd let down your guard and lose.

we can do that with this roster!

jbiggs, lakerjones and Punk-101 like this.
  5. 432J

432J - Lakers All Star -

trent always plays well against the lakers. and lillard plays historically well against the lakers

i'm not gonna panic about these early season losses

6. lakerjones

lakerjones Moderator Staff Member

Those two guys are Laker killers.

abeer3, Cookie, Khmrp and 2 others like this.
  7. The Rock

The Rock - Lakers Starter -

You can tell Lebron and AD are coasting. I would rather start Mathews so that the offense runs through AD/Bron and they get aggressive...guys like Schroder and Harrell were brought in so that we wouldn't have a drop off in production when our big guns are not on the floor. If we have the talent we gotta utilize it but not at the expense of our super starts not being optimized. I think there will be an adjustment period for Schroder/Bron on how to share the ball late in games. It took Rondo/Bron sometime to work it out and it may take these two some time as well. As long as they figure it out before playoffs its alright

JSM, alam1108, abeer3 and 4 others like this.
  8. lakerjones

lakerjones Moderator Staff Member

I absolutely agree Rock. I think that is the best usage of Schroder - coming off the bench with Harrell and both scoring a lot. I too would prefer Matthews starting and having a vet heavy starting unit with Gasol and Lebron coordinating the offense.

But there are politics in play that are easy to read. Schroder has made it known through his agent and his own words that he wanted the starting job. We want to lock Schroder in long term with an extension. He will have the starting job right now for sure 1. To accommodate what he deems is an important role here 2. To take some of the ball handling pressure off Lebron early on since he's coming from only 71 days since the Finals wrapped to this, his 18th season 3. Vogel wants to learn what lineups work anyway and what guys are capable of with many new players on the roster.

I'm fine with it for now, too, mainly because I want Schroder to be happy here and to extend for multiple years. No doubt he WILL be the starting PG for years to come if he does, regardless of best fit right now. Might as well experiment with it at this time when there is little to lose (except an occasional game or two) in the start of the regular season.

JSM, The Rock and abeer3 like this.
  9. fabfourlakers

fabfourlakers - Lakers Starter -

Schroder has shown he needs to be the starter fairly early on and I'm not sure that moving him to the bench will really solve our issues.

Speaking of issues - what exactly are the issues right now? I'm having a hard time figuring out why we've lost 2 games when we've loooked absolutely dominant for 95% of games thus far. We've had some severe collapses down the stretch...being tied at 98 with 5 mins to go, I take our team every single time but surprisnigly, we're not closing out games like we used to.

Also this was the first time this team hasn't won a game when leading after 3 quarters...right?

Just a very odd loss honestly. Just wish we rested AD/LeBron for thsi one and I woulda been fine with the loss

10. fabfourlakers

With that being said - I'm honestly not concerned at all with this team. The guys we've added have played well for the most part and as they integrate more and more, we'll get better and better.

11. OX1947

OX1947 - Lakers All Star -

Portland always plays the Lakers better in the regular season. It's only in the playoffs where the Lakers wipe their a**** with Portland.

12. ZenMaster

ZenMaster - Lakers All Star -

WTF was that no-defense-lets-turn-everything-over-and-foul-all-the-time piece of crap. Win or lose it was super frustrating to watch. Add in the home cooking like you wouldn't believe...

I wanted to blow that herpes of a team out by like 50. And we could have done so this game. But didn't.

Ugh...

13. Khmrp

Khmrp - Lakers MVP -

yep terrible d n TOs n somehow still won big

14. Juronimo

Juronimo - Lakers Starter -

plays with one's and zero's
    Box out ffs. We gave up way too many defensive rebounds.

lakerjones likes this.
  15. OX1947

OX1947 - Lakers All Star -

Some idiot asked Wes Matthews "How unusual was it to make his 3 point shots?" They pay these idiots to ask these stupid questions?

16. abeer3

abeer3 - Lakers Legend -

i don't like these back to back games against the same team. plays to the advantage of the weaker team, imo.

and i can't watch this one because i don't get nbatv. but maybe it's for the best if our plan is turn the ball over a bunch again.

Cookie and JohnnyComeLately2k6 like this.
  17. ZenMaster

ZenMaster - Lakers All Star -

6 games in, I am back to hating Dwight for being a f***ing moron...

jbiggs, LTLakerFan, Cookie and 3 others like this.
  18. Weezy

Weezy Moderator Staff Member

Not gonna lie I do miss what Dwight gave us. It wasn’t just blocked shots, it was changed/altered shots, players were afraid to even try him, he hustled his backside off last season. Oh well, I think we’ll be ok anyway. I also miss Caruso though, he brings such great energy on defense, he can seeing a game’s momentum by himself at times. Can’t complain about too much though, we are winning after all.

tada, jbiggs, abeer3 and 8 others like this.
  19. wcsoldier81

wcsoldier81 - Lakers All Star -

Yeah we'll miss that extra gear defensively in the regular season without Dwight .

20. fabfourlakers

We are playing AD and LeBron wayyyy too many minutes this early in the season. Please sit these guys out against the Grizzlies. We need to get other guys confidence going right now and we can handle the Grizz without Bron

jbiggs likes this.