WMC 24-25: BUMP TIME!

Discussion in 'Lakers Discussion' started by puffyusaf#2, Aug 2, 2021.

1. lakerjones

lakerjones Moderator Staff Member

Sadly this game played out as many of us expected. So predictable and so disappointing. They picked up some bad habits at season's end about not showing up when the opponents are missing stars.

2. Cookie

Cookie The Dame of Doom Staff Member

This team has played more “don’t give a s*** games” than any team I know. We weren’t “out talented”, but we were certainly out hustled. I thought this would change when the playoff games started. What a joke.

3. FrontOfJersey22

FrontOfJersey22 - Lakers All Star -

Pathetic, Mental Midget effort. IF this team gets out of this round, they will be embarrassed in the next. Their worst enemy is themselves.
    ZERO Mamba Mentality.
    Just Pathetic.

4. Kenzo

Kenzo - Lakers All Star -

We need a PG, a reliable 3pt shooter and a big... that Ham will play here and there.
    So Brown, Beas, DLO, Bamba, Gabriel, see u guys later.

CarolinaLakerFan likes this.
  5. alam1108

alam1108 - Lakers Legend -

Played like we thought we were the 2 seed. Had a chance to go back to home with up 2-0

6. JDLakersFan2019

JDLakersFan2019 - Rookie -

Last night was a really disappointing loss and a blown opportunity. We should’ve put this Grizzlies team away they’re banged up missing their best player in Ja Morant, but even with him on the court the Lakers have a better team with the other injuries they have to key players. There was no sense of urgency last night the Lakers played like a team that stole Game 1 and was going back home tied 1-1.

When I think of the late great Kobe Bryant I think of the Mamba Mentality, which as it pertains to last night that’s a game where Kobe would’ve stepped on the opponent’s throat and not give them any life. I’m not blaming LeBron he was one of the few players who actually showed up I’m looking more at Anthony Davis, who has the talent to be the best player in the league. However, he just does not have the right mindset to go out there and dominate each night.

AD scored 13 points on 4/13 shooting that’s unacceptable for a player with his talent and ability. Also I’ve been a big fan of D’Lo and was happy the Lakers got him back at the trade deadline. However, D’Angelo is maddening with his inconsistency particularly shooting the basketball and his turnovers. He’s also a defensive liability if he isn’t going to give us more then 5 points on 2/11 shooting then Ham may need to go to Schroder.

Don’t know how many of you guys remember, but back in 2009 when the Lakers won their first of back to back championships in the Kobe/Gasol era. We were playing the Rockets in the second round, who were without their two best players T-Mac and Yao Ming. The Rockets ended up taking a stacked Lakers team to 7 games that was so frustrating because we should’ve swept them, but the energy was not there on a consistent basis in that series.

That is what I saw last night. LeBron James is 38 years old he is not going to be able to carry this team to victory against good teams consistently. That’s why we need AD to play like a top 5 player we know he is when healthy and for D’Lo to play like an All Star.

7. Pioneer10

Pioneer10 - Lakers All Star -

This team misses Dwight: they need an enforcer who other teams know will put the hammer down if they try to get physical.
    A lob threat C who can rim protect would take a lot of pressure of AD and allow the second string to play their natural positions.

I hate to say it if no Dwight, should have just kept Bevs. Love him or hate him, he's going to step up for his teammates if they are getting roughed up.

Panko likes this.
  8. lakerjones

They have Tristan Thompson, he’s an enforcer who has played plenty alongside Lebron. Ham just needs to use him.

9. Pioneer10

TT hasn't been a lob threat in years and he's really not that big. He played PF for a long before the Cavs converted him to center. When he was younger what made a difference was his ability to switch on D and have a lot of energy on the glass.

Basically, he may be able to help on defense, the glass but on offense I'm not sure he's much of a lob threat and he definitely can't shoot

Last edited: Apr 20, 2023
  10. lakerjones

Yeah, I'm mostly in favor of playing TT for the defense. I don't expect much on offense, but we need to body up one of Tilllman or JJJ. We can't be letting them both feast.

11. Panko

Panko - Rookie -

Definitely this.

Definitely not this.

I mean, I guess if he were to get 0-10 min/game. But we all know Ham wouldn't do that, so this is a no go.

12. Cookie

Cookie The Dame of Doom Staff Member

We could suck for a decade and I’d still never want Pat Bev back in a Laker uniform.

13. 432J

432J - Lakers All Star -

i would have loved to keep pat bev in an enforcer role playing limited minutes, but ham was playing him way too much and he sucked. trading him was the only option

14. JSM

JSM - Lakers Legend -

This is the only enforcer role he's qualified for
    download (2).jpeg

15. LTLakerFan

LTLakerFan - Lakers Legend -

^^^ at Walmart

ElginTheGreat, Cookie and Panko like this.
  16. puffyusaf#2

puffyusaf#2 - Lakers Starter -

Author of "Just a Thought"
    WMC: Playing slow and stupid to end the 4th with the big lead. Made it closer than it really was but great starts and they punched them in the face. AD was a beast.

17. Juronimo

Juronimo - Lakers Starter -

plays with one's and zero's
    Too much LeIso in the 4th
    Game got sloppy in the 4th

18. JSM

JSM - Lakers Legend -

The bad:

Letting Ja cook us for 24 in the 4th. Virtually a one man show.

Only 7/28 for 3. We couldn't better capitalize on the crowd energy than that? Gotta do better than 25% at home in the next one.

19. Pioneer10

They had Kennard in the game instead of Brooks so that allowed Morant a lot more room to operate. With floor spacing if Morant is hitting his 3's, he's impossible to guard: it's like trying to stop Isiah or AI at that point.

OTOH the defense for Memhpis suffers with Kennard in there.

20. Zoyd Wheeler

Zoyd Wheeler - Rookie -

I hope Silver and the NBA suspends Brooks for a game like they did Draymond...not so much 'cuz I think Brooks helps the Griz (he does), but because I simply hate looking at him. Your mileage may vary.