WMC 23-24: Whine, Moan & Complain! LET THE COMPLAINING BEGIN!

Discussion in 'Lakers Discussion' started by puffyusaf#2, Aug 2, 2021.

1. Cookie

Cookie The Dame of Doom Staff Member

:Deathstare:"Lebronshame"

LTLakerFan, abeer3 and lakerjones like this.
  2. ZenMaster

ZenMaster - Lakers All Star -

What can you do? They are morons...

3. 432J

432J - Lakers All Star -

pacers didn't even have myles turner available. last night's loss is right up there with the OKC losses

good thing magic isn't calling the shots anymore though. he would've already dealt reaves for thaddeus young

FrontOfJersey22, Cookie and abeer3 like this.
  4. D-Fish Man

D-Fish Man - Lakers 6th Man -

I'm not an apologist for Vogel, but it's just intolerable to me that he might get sacked while Pelinka is (ostensibly) going to keep his job. Pelinka--who IMO has never proven himself capable as a GM--is almost singularly responsible for this debacle of a season. It wasn't Vogel who a) let Caruso walk to save cash, b) let LeBron engineer the WB trade, or c) swapped youth and perimeter D for . . . essentially nothing. Bottom line, Pelinka took a legit contender and turned it into a borderline lottery team.

As for Jeanie's role in all this . . . you can't be a Laker fan and not have a deep love for the Queen B. But between letting her brother drive the team into the ground and then not using Magic's departure as an opportunity to clean house and get a more seasoned/capable GM, I'm not impressed with her stewardship of the team.

Sigh.

5. abeer3

abeer3 - Lakers Legend -

yeah, it's that bad.

and honestly, magic wouldn't even have gotten young. THT/reaves for terrence ross or something.

i feel like pelinka's probably the one who has the least blame from me. the russ deal wasn't his idea; it's pretty obvious. he had a deal negotiated with sac (and not a good one, either), and his stars had worked the back channels to get the russ option on the table. it's clear ownership wanted this, too, and it's clear that ownership was behind not re-signing caruso, as the penny-pinching has continued throughout the season until this very day.

i just can't believe we're back to rambis again. every time stuff goes sideways, there's that guy. get him out.

6. D-Fish Man

D-Fish Man - Lakers 6th Man -

A good GM wouldn't allow his players to dictate a trade that virtually everyone else could see was lousy. How many of us spent the last few years mocking every team that traded for WB? And didn't Mr. Rambis (the LB one, not the one demanding DJ get more minutes) say that the analytics department was unenthused about acquiring WB? As for penny-pinching, isn't also the GM's job to counsel the owner on the value of a player like Caruso? What one thing has Rob done to prove himself, other than inherit a team that LeBron already wanted to come to and then trading the farm for AD (which I support, but hardly impressed since anyone can do that)?

7. abeer3

abeer3 - Lakers Legend -

basically exploited relationships to get good things done. this is a big part of the business, imo. we all think it's just klutch, but i'm inclined to believe it's klutch for now, and that he's willing and able to forge new relations with agencies as it suits his organization's needs. i also think he listens to his scouting department, which is a plus. and since magic's been gone, we haven't gotten rooked in trades.

ElginTheGreat and Cookie like this.
  8. LakerFanIam

LakerFanIam - Lakers 6th Man -

This is by far the fewest Laker games I've ever watched during a Season.. Something just feels disconnected with this Team.
    No core, no chemistry, just streaky iso ball & inconsistent effort on Defense.
    Not sure I can watch a Team with this much Talent struggle to remain at .500 just so they can play a humiliating Play In Game & then get routed by GS or PHX in the First Round.

9. pika1708

pika1708 - Lakers Starter -

He got Schroder and Harrell. That was a very good move. Our roster last year was awesome, on paper. That was on him.
    Then this year he was able to get a superstar without assets. Monk and Nunn in cheap deals.
    Yes, it didn't worked out on the floor, but everyone was excited last 2 preseasons. You can't judge decision-making after it happens.

I do have concerns with the lack of big wings and overall defense, it was something everyone was seeing. I guess they were relying on Lebron and Russ size, but didn't made much sense. For the defense, they probably trusted that Vogel would figure it out like last year.

It's odd to see guys that are in the league for decades and have seen it all and won multiple times, make this kind of silly mistakes.

10. Azndude2190

Azndude2190 - Lakers 6th Man -

We probably would have been better off just standing pat (minus Schroeder) and filling the rest of the roster with G-League players and/or former lottery picks on their way out of the league. Because at least they would be young and hungry to stay in the league. Yea, the experience wouldn't have been there, but that only matters if you have a deep playoff run. And key players in the rotation would still have experience. Most importantly we would have an extra 1st round pick and wouldn't have had a albatross of a contract in Westbrook.

FrontOfJersey22 likes this.
  11. Zoyd Wheeler

Zoyd Wheeler - Rookie -

sirronstuff likes this.
  12. Zoyd Wheeler

Zoyd Wheeler - Rookie -

Yea, it's now trite and all, but our roster is AWESOME...for 2012.

2022? Not so much.

13. Azndude2190

14. JSM

JSM - Lakers Legend -

Top Poster Of Month

It's really hard to take him seriously for a number of reasons. Most recently...

15. Azndude2190

Oh I don't take him seriously at all. I'm just depressed about the current state of affairs with this team and found this video entertaining.

sirronstuff likes this.
  16. sirronstuff

sirronstuff - Lakers Legend -

Your time is running out Ham
    that's hilarious. I've done that before, but how they make such a big deal about it is what's funny

sometimes the cloth isn't enough or the ol breath fog routine

FrontOfJersey22 likes this.
  17. Juronimo

Juronimo - Lakers Starter -

plays with one's and zero's
    What about soap and water? I wear glasses and I've never done that. Gross.

LTLakerFan likes this.
  18. The Rock

The Rock - Lakers Starter -

abeer3 likes this.
  19. abeer3

abeer3 - Lakers Legend -

our d took a nose dive when AD went out, not surprising. i thought the offense would perk up a bit, but it only inched up, so here we are.

turns out AD is like, valuable?

20. LakerFanIam

LakerFanIam - Lakers 6th Man -

Chuck hating on the Lakers is the only thing that gives me any hope or optimism for this Team..& licking your glasses is disgusting.

Juronimo likes this.