WMC 23-24: Whine, Moan & Complain! LET THE COMPLAINING BEGIN!

Discussion in 'Lakers Discussion' started by puffyusaf#2, Aug 2, 2021.

1. Slick2021

Slick2021 - Lakers All Star -

Well..It's a conversation both are gone, and yet it's still some disagreement on what actally happened when they were here. Moving forward yep Jordan looks worse than Gasol or Drummond at the moment, totally agree on that. I don't know if we need another type of 5, just somebody better than him. Javale would have worked great IMO. I'd rather play Melo than Bazemore right now too.

2. Cookie

Cookie The Dame of Doom Staff Member

Gasol is 36, Drummond is 28, BIG difference. Most guys are out of the league before that. Drummond should be in his prime and teams should be chomping at the bit for a big in his prime. Just for reference, Gasol was making almost 15 million when he was 28 not 2 million that Drummond is making now. I won’t get into the stats because that’s been covered quite extensively. I personally agree that it was wrong how Gasol acted when we brought in Drummond but that doesn’t change my mind about the fit. Just to bring this back around, my original complaint was that if Russ doesn’t work out that Bron and AD should leave picking max players to Rob.

alam1108, Panko and abeer3 like this.
  3. Slick2021

In the league >out of the league.

4. abeer3

abeer3 - Lakers Legend -

I’m not done.

dj=McGee>Drummond
    Gasol>dj

Panko likes this.
  5. Cookie

Sorry I opened this can of worms open again. This was not the major jest of my post. My main complaint is our stars wanted someone who might not be a good fit and will play major minutes and cost major bucks.

alam1108 and abeer3 like this.
  6. abeer3

abeer3 - Lakers Legend -

doing nothing > actively f***ing up

Also, if gasol wanted an nba job, he’d have one. Also: oscar Robertson is out of the league.

7. abeer3

abeer3 - Lakers Legend -

again.

8. Slick2021

So what does that mean in regards to last year? Gasol was sub par, it's not about career achievements. The Lakers didn't owe him anything, he wasn't his brother. It's an endless argument I guess. One played all season, the other played 25 games. Trez deserved Gasol's minutes based off of production. We gave Gasol minutes to appease him for some reason. Still for the record once again...center wasn't the problem. AD and Lebron being hurt, and having perimeter players that couldn't hit the broadside of a barn with a machine gun was.

9. Slick2021

Not one team in the NBA wanted to sign Gasol dude. We were the only one interested last season. I really don't get the Gasol obsession or the Drummond hate. I'd rather have Drummond than Jordan right now too.

10. abeer3

abeer3 - Lakers Legend -

You have no idea about that. Gasol chose to retire from the nba.

im so glad Drummond isn’t here. Might be the best thing about this season so far, sadly.

alam1108, Pioneer10 and Cookie like this.
  11. Slick2021

Ok..most guys chose to retire when they are washed and nobody wants them. Again it's some minor league stuff either way.

12. Cookie

It means that at 28 years old Drummond should have had lots of contract options if he was that great. He didn’t. That means that the opinion of other GM’s around the league don’t think he’s that great of a player either. He’s playing for vet minimum behind a great big, so he won’t get much playing team unless Embiid is injured. Gasol is 36, so I wouldn’t expect him to get a lot of offers to play. I’m not going to go round and round about this. It’s perfectly ok to disagree and I’m going to let this drop from my end.

Panko likes this.
  13. svtzr

svtzr - Lakers Starter -

Oh god, not the Gasol and Drummond stuff again.

Neither are on our team.

tada, alam1108, Weezy and 2 others like this.
  14. karacha

karacha Moderator Staff Member

True and we discussed this some over the summer. Against those few bigs who give AD trouble (and there aren't very many left in the league), you can use your big starting unit. Otherwise, it's not necessary. Certainly not against PHX.

15. karacha

karacha Moderator Staff Member

I'm not sure why are we even discussiong those guys... Drummond is in his prime, yet no one wants him because he thinks he's Hakeem, yet can't catch the ball. If he knew his limitations, he'd be semi-useful. Maybe.

Gasol retired for a reason. He used to be this awesome player on both ends of the floor, but he's overweight and can barely move. He can't jump at all.

Dwight is better in any case. And DJ is... in that semi-useful stage I mentioned above. Because he at least knows what he can- and can't do. He just should not start.

Panko and Cookie like this.
  16. Khmrp

Khmrp - Lakers MVP -

it wasnt 2 for 1 with heild or maybe not kuz/kcp, heild makes 23m/yr this yr. While hield doesnt move the needle the team wouldnt have to adjust so much to a ball domaint star who cant shoot worth a lick, teams already figured out how to defend russ but again we did too in bubble its not that difficult

Panko likes this.
  17. Khmrp

Khmrp - Lakers MVP -

Westbrick doesn't even try in def, he just parks his butt in the paint and with bron also relaxing on defense its a receipt for disaster and the he cant shoot part matters quite a bit if u havent notice the "spacing" we're lacking with starters and thats even with AD standing at 3pt line

Panko likes this.
  18. Slick2021

It was Kuz and Trez and the first round pick and no I wouldn't have made that deal either.

19. Khmrp

Khmrp - Lakers MVP -

the 1st was the hold up, Rob wasnt going to give them 1st......dont you think its odd that a "star" of russ caliber could be had for so little? and the part bout hield only being able to shoot isnt important? russ lack of shooting is gunking up this poorly offense even more, where's the "oh with russ now bron can sit and offense doesnt go to s***" at?

Panko likes this.
  20. Slick2021

Had for so little? We gave up a first rd pick and three rotation players. If you think the 3 players were worthless as well as the pick, that's all the more reason to offload them for Westbrook. We've played two whole games bro. The entire team is new outside of James and Davis currently. I think it's way too early to decide anything about what's gunking up the offense. Maybe if guys hit more of the open looks they've had we'd be 2-0 .

svtzr likes this.