Rajon Rondo Discussion: He's A Cleveland Cavalier

Discussion in 'NBA Discussion' started by therealdeal, Jul 2, 2018.

1. abeer3

abeer3 - Lakers Legend -

Need a triple zoom with ominous string music on rambis’s hand on Vogel’s shoulder.

Savory Griddles and SFGOLDRUSHER like this.
  2. LTLakerFan

LTLakerFan - Lakers Legend -

Till he starts embarrassing himself being left wide open and clanking 5 threes 5 times in a row down. Or starts mustarding the hot dog and turning it over or looks like Chucky Atkins out there. Caruso's a stronger and bigger and better player, defender and shooter. And takes care of the ball well as of last year. I'm figgerin' he's going to be improved. Chance of a lifetime for him.

They'll start Rondo but I bet AC eats a lot of his minutes each game or maybe even winds up starting at some point. I expect Cook to be improved too and play well for us.

Toklat, SFGOLDRUSHER and abeer3 like this.
  3. BangBoomPow

BangBoomPow - Lakers Starter -

I agree. Caruso should be getting the most minutes coming off the bench as the secondary PG. More athletic, better shooter, better defender, and doesn't require the ball as much as Rondo to have an impact. He's also a 46% catch-and-shoot player but on a very small sample size. Rondo is a good leader for the team but his biggest contribution would be to help Caruso get to the next level in being able to lead a team. I guess one bright outlook of having Rondo is him and AD have insane chemistry. They destroyed the Blazers all series. I think part of Caruso's agreement with the Lakers is that he would get more of an opportunity. I would hope we give him that.

LTLakerFan likes this.
  4. Mr. Rambis

Mr. Rambis - Rookie - LB Verified Insider

Hello!

Hearing the coaching staff, especially due to the voice of Jason Kidd, has plans for Rondo to be a key part of the rotation this season. I don't know if key part means starting or big minutes off the bench.

Of course much of this is subject to change given training camp and preseason performance. But that should tell you where their head is at going into camp.

5. LTLakerFan

In the wrong place apparently unless Rondo plays better and smarter than last year and can turn back the clock 8 years defensively. Hopefully Caruso eats a lot of his minutes while coming off the bench and eventually starts. BUT yes Rondo has chemistry with our stars so there's that.

LOL .... you wait all this time to come tell us that?

Just kidding. :)

alam1108 likes this.
  6. sirronstuff

sirronstuff - Lakers Legend -

Your time is running out Ham
    Earth shattering stuff tbh

ZenMaster likes this.
  7. Mr. Rambis

Mr. Rambis - Rookie - LB Verified Insider

Haven't been working much on the Lakers front lately, but there isn't much to hear either :) That news came to me the other day so I figured I'd share. Haven't forgotten about you guys!

8. Alcindor

Alcindor - Lakers Starter -

A bench led by Rondo with Howard for p&r with some shooting for spacing doesn't sound outside of the realm of reason. With this roster, it would be one of the better benches I'd think.

Last edited: Sep 16, 2019
    alam1108, lakerjones, Cookie and 2 others like this.
  9. lakerjones

lakerjones Moderator Staff Member

We've got a lot of guards. I'm sure Rondo will play but I'd still like to see Bradley start, and I'd still like to see some minutes for Cook, Caruso and even Troy Daniels. Danny Green should be a starter no matter what, he's our best guard. I'm not excited about KCP but obviously he will figure into everything as well, hopefully as a scorer off the bench.

10. Savory Griddles

Savory Griddles Moderator Staff Member

Avery Bradley has the most potential of anybody on the roster at pg. Not sure why people are forgetting about him. He's the only one who as proven to be a two-way player in this league (well, recently. Rondo was, but hasn't been for the better part of a decade at this point). If the previous 2 seasons were an anomaly due to injuries, he should be starting at the 1 with Lebron acting as the pg on offense.

11. wallangong

wallangong - Lakers 6th Man -

I think Bradley's woes have been overblown. He struggled after being traded to Detroit and then halfway through the year to the Clippers. It was a small sample size and nobody watched Grizzlies games, but his numbers in his stint there weren't bad. He hasn't been the beneficiary of playing with stars before that naturally provide a lot more wide open looks. If he can stay healthy, he should be a huge boost on defense with at least 1, if not 2, shotblockers on the court at all times.

12. JSM

JSM - Lakers Legend -

Top Poster Of Month

13. abeer3

abeer3 - Lakers Legend -

man, what if jahlil okafor gave one flying f*** about defense?

alam1108 and Savory Griddles like this.
  14. Savory Griddles

Savory Griddles Moderator Staff Member

Does he not care or is he just too slow-footed and lack the instincts to actually make a difference?

abeer3 likes this.
  15. LTLakerFan

Small hands?

sirronstuff likes this.
  16. abeer3

abeer3 - Lakers Legend -

i don't know--his footwork is so good and quick on offense, it's hard to believe he's just slow on d. i do think he's pretty basketball-dumb, though.

LTLakerFan likes this.
  17. ZenMaster

ZenMaster - Lakers All Star -

While I get the sentiment, you can't expect him to stay in front of Rondo...

abeer3 and LTLakerFan like this.
  18. nzahir

nzahir Guest

I hate these summer workout vids that don't show the guy bricking the other shots

On top of all the shots being open and guys having fresh legs since the game is played less intensely.

Unfortunately the way this team was built, we will need rondo to play a key role in making plays with the ball in his hands. Need a penetrator at guard spot. Even if Caruso is the guy, someone needs to do it off the bench.

Rondo should lead the 2nd unit. 15-20 min a night and play better defense.

19. LTLakerFan

Still no love for Cook. 2 years playing significant enough minutes at the 1 for the NBA Champion and Finals runner up Warriors gets him jack. When logically you can expect him to be better this year. ALL these guys see how hard all their teammates are working and aren't going to be left behind for lack of effort. We're going to be fine at the PG position.

20. nzahir

nzahir Guest

Cooks a very good shooter and I think hes a nice spark plug guy actually

But hes also a very poor defender and he isn't a guy who really handles the ball

You watched him I assume?