Optimism Discussion: The Laker's Sky Is Not Falling

Discussion in 'Lakers Discussion' started by therealdeal, Jun 20, 2016.

1. lakerjones

lakerjones Moderator Staff Member

Best road win of the season IMO. Couldn’t have happened at a better time. We needed this one desperately. First win in Toronto since 2014?! Wow. Russ with the clutch steal and three to force OT. Just a badly needed win.

2. OX1947

OX1947 - Lakers All Star -

I think it's time to end the Westbrook bashing. Not because he had a good game but incidents with that Raptors fan, stupid s*** like that is starting to make me feel like a douche bag on the street just mouthing off.

We are beating a dead horse. I am going to try to start focusing on commenting on incidents that are warranted to criticize and that's it. No more Westbrook was the worst trade ever, degrade him and tearing him down to every inch of his life. It just doesn't do him any good or the Lakers and it's starting to make me feel like a bum.

3. lakerjones

I’m with you Ox. I’m bummed it has gotten so bad. I’m still rooting for the guy. He’s on our team after all. I’m hoping he can improve his play and mentally tough it out. This was encouraging. Earlier this season he strung together 10 or so really good games in a row. I’m hoping he can do so again.

4. OX1947

We will know in the next week if this has a chance of happening....

5. OX1947

I don't know, it just hit me watching that video of Raptors fan. I would never in a million years bother someone in their private life because of a game. I'm a devout Pittsburgh Steelers fan and when Tommy Maddox screwed up a game and had people throw trash on his yard, I thought it was ridiculous. Needs to stop.

You have every right to boo and criticize watching him play but that's where that setting needs to stop. Not when a guy is minding his business outside the court.

6. svtzr

svtzr - Lakers Starter -

Youre spot on Ox. This generation of social media has fans going too far because they’re behind a keyboard and have no concept of accountability and consequences. And then they bring that energy into real life and things can get bad.

One of these days an athlete will go face to face with a heckling fan on the street and everyone will say how dumb the athlete was to ruin his career. But in reality it’s the current situation that has become far too unbalanced towards one way.

7. sirronstuff

sirronstuff - Lakers Legend -

Your time is running out Ham
    I had to think long and hard about who Richard was. And then I was....

:Vogelshocked:

"Lebronshame"

This is a FAMILY FORUM!!!!

:Fishwink:

ADKOBE likes this.
  8. pika1708

pika1708 - Lakers Starter -

I'm afraid if we start cheering for him he may opt in without hesitation. But if he gets hate, it may raise some doubts. He may not re-sign and prefer to secure a 40M/3y by NY. It may get difficult for him if he's unplayable by us next year, and that is more likely if we don't support him.

It's cold, but needs to be done. He does deserve it.
    If we could be at the ceiling of this team, I would cheer for him as it's better for the team on the short term. But we are way far from the ceiling, so better just make sure we are in a better position next year.

9. lakerjones

Outstanding win tonight!! Another great game from Russ, DJ on fire and Lebron just unreal.

JSM likes this.
  10. Pioneer10

Pioneer10 - Lakers All Star -

Imagine if they actually brought in some NBA wings to start the season. Lost AC/KCP/Kuzma and brought in the corpse of Ariza.

Now literally 2 G league NBA wings who at least are alive and look the part (decent size, decent athleticism, aren't dumb) and suddenly this team looks real again. They don't look like Lebron and a bunch of JV guys against the varsity team. Love Melo but you also teams don't have anyone to really pick on when both Gabriel and Stan in there (plus Reaves).

Don't think they have enough time to really gel to get back and AD and teams will gameplan for Stan and Gabriel but the Lakers may have some hope for next year. Stan/Gabriel/Reaves all look like legit NBA rotation players, THT continues to show flashes the few times he hasn't been hurt this year. Resign Monk somehow and it doesn't seem to farfetched now that the AD/Lebron era can continue on high notes

ElginTheGreat, abeer3 and JSM like this.
  11. JSM

JSM - Lakers Legend -

Top Poster Of Month

Loved the effort of that close out lineup featuring AR, Stan, and Gabe... no one is going to out work those 3. Shooting... that's another story. They were aggressive enough to get it done with the big two, though.

Cookie, Kenzo, abeer3 and 4 others like this.
  12. CarolinaLakerFan

CarolinaLakerFan - Lakers 6th Man -

Size matters.

Cookie, abeer3 and LTLakerFan like this.
  13. abeer3

abeer3 - Lakers Legend -

add in nunn's possibly returning to pre-injury form, and yeah, you can see some possibilities. just need a couple options at the five, one young/spring, one vet with some power for emergency situations. oh, and to move westbrook.

14. LTLakerFan

LTLakerFan - Lakers Legend -

Cookie, SamsonMiodek and abeer3 like this.
  15. Pioneer10

Pioneer10 - Lakers All Star -

Such a dumb argument: following that logic did the bubble than hurt Denver for the first 4 games only to turnaround and then hurt the Clips the last 3? In that case maybe the Nuggets would have swept the Clippers if it was a non-bubble playoff then.

abeer3 and LTLakerFan like this.
  16. abeer3

abeer3 - Lakers Legend -

they (like morris) would say: but it was different!

you mean in that injuries didn't determine the outcome? i'm all for it! are you suggesting that fans in the arena is what legitimizes titles? i don't understand the argument? were they not playing basketball? hell, we were the team missing a starter because he was concerned about the virus.

see...the bubble takes effect...after exactly 11 days...and only for...guys...with...beards...anyway, QUOTE ME ON THAT!

17. lakerjones

Very good game tonight despite no Lebron. Proud of the team for fighting. Dwight played great. Another nice game from Russ and Melo too.

D-Fish Man, Cookie, JSM and 1 other person like this.
  18. Helljumper

Helljumper - Lakers All Star -

Student
    One of the most enjoyable losses to watch in a long time. Short handed and clearly outmatched (so not much pressure since I think we all expected the loss), but everyone played hard and we were hanging in there.

Russ had another solid game, as did the young guns. Great games again from SJ and Gabriel, and despite his box score looking unimpressive I thought Austin played very well too.

19. JSM

JSM - Lakers Legend -

Top Poster Of Month

We competed until the very end against a team we had no business being within 20 points of. Vogel finally was given players who play hard and he's found a couple lineups that work really hard. Curious to see how they blend in with Bron and AD for a play in game or two.

Cookie, TIME, SamsonMiodek and 4 others like this.
  20. abeer3

abeer3 - Lakers Legend -

my only optimism is that hopefully the end of the season has helped the FO make a better plan for next year. if your primary players are olds, your role players need more youth. sprinkle in some vets (2-3 max) to show the ropes a bit and step in for injuries, but more reaves/johnsons/gabriels from the outset.

i still have no solution for digging out from westbrook, however.

oh wait...optimism...just one more year.