Optimism Discussion: The Laker's Sky Is Not Falling

Discussion in 'Lakers Discussion' started by therealdeal, Jun 20, 2016.

1. Weezy

Weezy Moderator Staff Member

Heart and soul? He traced his damn hand LMAO.

2. Savory Griddles

Savory Griddles Moderator Staff Member

"“Kawhi put his heart and soul into that design"

Maybe he should have saved some of his heart and soul so he could go through life with some semblance of a personality.

3. LTLakerFan

LTLakerFan - Lakers Legend -

4. KareemtheGreat33

KareemtheGreat33 - Lakers MVP -

Brow-beater
    My theory is Ballmer paid New Balance to give Kawhi endorsement money as part of the "agreement" lol can't beat that offer.

5. Wino

Wino - Lakers Starter -

Retired
    well, I still think Nike is going to screw themselves with this. Truth is, every single athlete is going to consider this situation before they sign with Nike in the future. What good will Nike EVER get from that logo?? Are they going to release a logo claw shoe even though Kawhi is now with New Balance?? If they did, nobody, and I mean NOBODY will ever buy it. The furor from other athletes and sports fans would ruin Nike. They are doing this to simply be spiteful, even if they have legal standing and don't like the way Kawhi left them. They have now screwed Kawhi and Steph, who's next?? Maybe that could be their new logo!?!

6. wallangong

wallangong - Lakers 6th Man -

I don’t think this hurts Nike at all to be honest. This is pretty much standard with intellectual property. Nike committed resources to developing Kawhi’s tracing to a real logo. Doesn’t really matter if he brought it to them. They developed it and turned out the final design, therefore they own it.

IE Lakers, Kenzo and sirronstuff like this.
  7. Wino

Wino - Lakers Starter -

Retired
    You know, they could have offered to sell it to him for a fair rate. They developed it from his starting point. His mistake was not covering his own credit prior to working with them. Honestly, they cannot use it without creating a lot of ill will, sell it to him, cover your costs and move forward.

sirronstuff likes this.
  8. LTLakerFan

He's a Clipper and he deliberately tried to screw the Lakers. Shady game knows shady game.

:KobePoint:

See your side of the conversation Wino but f*** Kawhi just because! Good!!

9. wallangong

But it isn’t about Kawhi, it’s about giving a logo that your design team creates so a direct competitor can use it against you. Nike has so much respect in their logo and name that players won’t use Kawhi as a general reference point. If they design their own logo, they can be smart enough to keep the rights.

10. Wino

Wino - Lakers Starter -

Retired
    I work with logo creation and understand that Kawhi was stupid but he is a marquee professional and I don't care what anyone says, Nike is going to look bad to other pros who are thinking about signing with them. If it was the ONLY issue they have had with marquee professionals, then it would be a moot point, but it's not. Those issues are going to start counting as strikes. Mark my words!!

IE Lakers likes this.
  11. wallangong

“I don’t care what anyone says” are the only words I’m marking. I’m pretty confident that Nike isn’t sweating this in the least.

12. sirronstuff

sirronstuff - Lakers Legend -

Making you asset free AND happy by 2030
    I just hope Kawhi’s heart and soul is going to be ok

:Kobe Snickering:

13. Wino

Wino - Lakers Starter -

Retired

I don't really care much about Kawhi, he died to me when he went to Clippers, especially the way he went there. Second rate forever and I had the potential to love the guy. I'm from San Diego, he is a hometown hero and then he does this. Now, he is just another .............. LOSER!! Beating him from now on, will always be sweet!! Nike still made a mistake.

sirronstuff likes this.
  14. Alcindor

Alcindor - Lakers Starter -

Statement from Kawhi's camp: "Nevermind, he remembered his original design"

[​IMG]

15. KareemtheGreat33

KareemtheGreat33 - Lakers MVP -

Brow-beater

This was an exciting game...

16. karacha

karacha Moderator Staff Member

Basketball was so good back then. But, having this perspective, you just wonder why they insist on not taking 3-pointers. :) Most modern players would chuck them in half of those offensive situations, it seems. What Bron did in my signature would be unimaginable in the 80s. Now you just say "hey, another f-it 3 by LBJ".

17. lakerjones

lakerjones Moderator Staff Member

Hi everyone, I don't want to get folks' hopes up too much, but I really think that the NBA is going to try their hardest to make a post-season happen this summer. If they can secure testing that gives quick results I believe they will have a good chance to do it. Not in front of live audiences of course. https://www.silverscreenandroll.com...-ucla-health-training-center-may-8-nba-return

The Lakers are reportedly ‘eager’ to get back to practice
    With rumors that the NBA is preparing to let teams re-open their practice facilities, the Lakers are itching to get back onto the court.

By Christian Rivas@RadRivas Apr 29, 2020, 11:56am PDTShare this on Facebook (opens in new window)
    [​IMG]Photo by Andrew D. Bernstein/NBAE via Getty Images
    If all goes well over the next few weeks, a handful of teams in the NBA will be able to re-open their practice facilities, and the Los Angeles Lakers are hoping they’ll be one of them despite the fact that they live in a state with some of the country’s most restrictive safer at home orders.

On Tuesday, Dave McMenamin of ESPN reported that the Lakers have been in contact with local government officials about the possibility of re-opening the UCLA Health Training Center before May 15, the day the safer at home order is supposed to be lifted in California. If they’re granted permission, the Lakers will have the option to participate in individual workouts at their practice facility.

However, while the workouts will reportedly be optional, the players have made it clear that they’re ready to get back to work, according to McMenamin:

That should hardly come as a surprise. After all, before any of these players were professionals, they played basketball because they loved it. Now that they’re professionals, though, basketball is part of their daily routine, and that routine was abruptly taken from them last month — right when most of them were preparing to increase their focus on basketball.

Their eagerness also likely stems from the fact that they got a taste of what they’re capable of as a team before the season was indefinitely suspended. Sure, having the No. 1 seed in the Western Conference for almost the entirety of the season had to have some impact on their confidence, but not more than beating the LA Clippers and Milwaukee Bucks in back-to-back games did.

The sooner the Lakers can get back to training for the postseason, the more likely it is that they’ll look like the team we saw before the season was suspended — and that team was really good. That being said, there are bigger things than basketball, and if the NBA decides it’s not in the best interest of its players or staff to re-open just yet, then we’ll all just have to stay patient.

IE Lakers, Weezy, Cookie and 3 others like this.
  18. D-Fish Man

D-Fish Man - Lakers 6th Man -

When they NBA comes back they’re gonna need to inject it straight into my veins.

BadCoaching, Weezy, Kenzo and 6 others like this.
  19. sirronstuff

sirronstuff - Lakers Legend -

Making you asset free AND happy by 2030
    Right after the disinfectant of course.

20. LTLakerFan