Official Whine, Moan, Complain Thread 19/20-CLOSED "WE CHAMPS!"

Discussion in 'Lakers Discussion' started by puffyusaf#2, Jul 5, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kenzo

Kenzo - Lakers All Star -

Im starting to think, Vash wants Bron to go down, just so he can come up with "i told you so" ;)

Wino, abeer3 and alam1108 like this.
  2. fabfourlakers

fabfourlakers - Lakers Starter -

Dawg - you telling me to cut the BS is literally at the height of hypocrisy.

You are the one guy here that has been talking about the same s*** since this past summer in some weird defense of Magic being a good exec and then speaking in metaphors to belabor a point that NOBODY CARES ABOUT ANYMORE.

Here's another newsflash - AD WANTS TO PLAY! AND GUESS WHAT? Who are WE to tell him NOT to play? You think him and his agent won't be pissed off if we tell them "SORRY AD CANT PLAY"? You talk up KLUTCH as the ones who get the credit so shoudl we be BLAMING klutch for not allowing us to load manage / rest AD? Because THAT Is who is opposed to him sitting out games in a contract year...

Another newsflash - LeBron ALSO wants to play! You gonna tell "washed" king that he can't play? He aint sitting out games thats for sure - he aint about that Kawhi life.

ALso - Lakers have established strong chemistry so the hope is from here on out - the Lakers will just continue blasting teams in the first half and 3rd and sitting Bron/AD in the 4th - THAT is how you effectively "load manage" your stars and I believe we're headed in that direction.

tada, Wino and SamsonMiodek like this.
  3. LTLakerFan

LTLakerFan - Lakers Legend -

Wino and sirronstuff like this.
  4. vasashi17

vasashi17 LB's Resident Capologist

Not you too?
    [​IMG]

Yeah, you guys are right. I want Bron & AD to get hurt to ruin all the 21-3 fun. I want like a handful of message board jockeys (not my term haha) to all admit I’m right. Nothing would satisfy me more than that.

Anyways back to WMC...Bron is the only guy top 4 in total minutes played, top 5 in usage rate and is the goddamn league leader in total touches this year. He’s doing all that being 5 years older than 30y/o Harden...then consider his additional playoff years.

Speaking of 30y/o, this was Bron 5 years ago saying this s***:

At the end of the day, we want to protect the prize and the prize is the players," James said. "We have to continue to promote the game and if guys are being injured because there are so many games, then we can't promote it at a high level. We got two of our top guys in our league out right now. I'm not saying it's because of the games, but anything will help."

James is not sure what the right number of games should be for a regular season. He mentioned the 66-game lockout year, but said those games were too crammed together. He said when the time is right; the players will get with the league and address the situation.

"It's something that we definitely will have to sit down and try to figure out," he said.

https://www.cleveland.com/cavs/2014/10/lebron_james_says_shortening_t.html

This isn’t about me being right (such a a BS take, I can’t take you guys seriously)...this is about doing what’s right, not only for him but our title chances.

5. LaVarBallsDad

LaVarBallsDad - Lakers Legend -

You love analytics...

OX1947 and abeer3 like this.
  6. LTLakerFan

Earth to vash. What you're doing now is make believe. The information and "conversation on our message board" has been received and registered. Stop treating us like we have ADD with never ending reminders of your point of view. Honestly we wouldn't lie to you .... we get it.

Wino and alam1108 like this.
  7. abeer3

abeer3 - Lakers Legend -

Top Poster Of Month

i mean, you can't read your stuff and not at least consider this possibility:

i'm honestly expecting both AD and lebron to miss time. but not because they play two more mpg than they should or because they don't sit back to backs or because (good gawd) we don't have carmelo freaking anthony on the roster. i expect it because lebron is older and AD misses at least 10 games a year, historically.

i'm trying hard to enjoy the games when we do have them without fussing about the possibility of not having them later. i'm not sure why it's hard to understand, and i'm not sure why you're not getting why others perceive you in this fashion.

Wino likes this.
  8. vasashi17

Do you really get it tho?

I’m in the WMC posting about his total minutes (Ox, how is that an advanced stat bro? Haha) and his usage compared to his peers.

And for some reason my post gets targeted as irrelevant. Meanwhile LVBD posts the Cranjis tweet and crickets. More playmaking responsibilities outside of Bron/AD also has been a constant concern and a WMC, yet no one addresses that particular post or why Cranjis needs to focus more on the 21-3 and less on how much our record relies on our superstars going above and beyond. What a conun-drum?

Fab4 feels Klutch wants AD to play more minutes in a contract year??? Uh, that guy is getting his max bag either way. You know what AD has said straight from his mouth tho? He would feel more comfortable playing center in the playoffs, yet for some reason you keep driving the AD center as our best lineup narrative, when the stats don’t even support it. So I can’t complain about his minutes and usage on a bum shoulder cause you believe Klutch has said no to that, but it’s fine for you to keep harping on about how dude should play center when AD himself has said otherwise. Cool story bro.

Abeer and I’m not sure why it’s so hard for you to understand Bron’s total minutes played and usage could at least be monitored far better in the regular season if we had more than just Kuz doubling in for AD/Bron at the forward spot. I don’t understand your fascination with Dudley.

As for Kenzo, you owe me a hair restoration procedure.

I know you guys would rather talk about my intentions rather than address actual data and I have my own theories as to why you guys keep doing it, but bottomline if you’re sincerely in this for post season glory and the longevity of our superstars, you guys wouldn’t be pushing back so hard on a legitimate concern.

Bron’s too proud to admit that his minutes could be tweaked to protect him for the playoffs. It’s up to the FO and coaching to protect him from himself. You guys may peg me as being too proud not to enjoy the moment, but Bron’s injury last year, AD’s management of his shoulder this year and Kob’s premature fall of yesteryear keep reminding me that things can immediately take a turn for the worst. So we need to make sure we get ahead of it.

Seems to me, you guys rather look the other way. Maybe pride is clouding better judgement.

9. LTLakerFan

No! They're repetitive and we get it. A long time ago. You continually saying the same thing over and over accomplishes nothing additional except pissing people off. This isn't the only thread you do it in. Is that so hard to understand for a bright guy like yourself?

Wino likes this.
  10. vasashi17

Pissing people off is no longer my concern. Do yourself a favor...instead of discussing my repetitive nature, discuss the content/data of the post. If you can’t refute it, you should probably keep it moving.

I’m not here telling you, that you can’t keep cheering for the squad ignoring potential pitfalls cause it’s annoying. Your fascination with the way I move around here is the thing that’s getting annoying.

I post concerns, but I also post how lit our two stars and our goat are. What you choose to focus on in regards to my posts is not my concern. You’re the one targeting it and making it repetitive. Then complain about it??? Wild.

Yep, I’m having a hard time understanding that for sure.

Please discuss my content and not my intent. I have no interest in going back in forth with you discussing anything else. If you’re not concerned for our stars high usage/minutes then keep it moving. Doesn’t mean I can’t be concerned with it tho.

Anyways...at least try to protect our stars please!

11. pound4pound

pound4pound - Lakers Starter -

*reminds self to not check back in this thread...ever*

12. LaVarBallsDad

It's a joke. Almost every thread we post on regularly gets hijacked at some point with the same BS.

The reason I know even though I have him on ignore? Well, when they use the name "Vash" and the subject matter is the same BS, I can figure it out.

It's a shame because he does have some good content and meaningful dialogue to contribute; he's a smart guy.

Nevertheless, it's as they say, "it is what it is..."

tada, abeer3, alam1108 and 1 other person like this.
  13. LTLakerFan

It is a shame because of your next to last paragraph and I’ve always felt putting someone on ignore was weak and for wusses, but I’m getting close. This is nuts.

14. Sentient Meat

Sentient Meat - Rookie -

I seriously can't believe people are complaining about whining in the WMC thread.

Or blocking people when there are around 20 heavy posters.

It reminds me of that old Yellow Pages commercial with Arnold's Rug.

Or Jean Paul Sartre's final words in his play No Exit... "Hell is other people"

There should be another thread instead of just the Optimism thread where nothing can be said against AD, LBJ, Rob, Vogel, Lakers under any condition.

Nothing but praise 24/7... Nothing but pure, unadulterated echo chamber.

15. vasashi17

Thx I guess.

Btw I’m not sure if you toggled me off ignore or not, cause recently you liked and then unliked my post. Maybe someone hacked into your account and unignored me momentarily or maybe it’s a glitch in the matrix...but just providing a friendly heads up that something could be wrong with your account. Personally, I think Ronstu had something to do with it haha.

Okay how about this...can we all just seriously drop the BS. There’s alot of your posts LVBD, that I personally agree with and that only means that I figure some of my posts you would find agreeable as well...if you saw them.

As a long time member, I personally feel we could get along fine here and maybe someone can quote my post for you to see it (or maybe another glitch can provide some assistance, where you at Ronnie?), but here’s to hoping we can be done with the ignore thing and all the contentious, unnecessary and unappealing drama. But alas, if you choose otherwise, I agree with you (again) that “it is, what it is...” Still, I would feel better discussing matters with you instead of whatever it is that’s going on right now. Cuz it's kinda weird.

Also I know you don’t like Magic as an exec and s***, if he was still up there after the summer we had, I’d criticize the FO just the same. I am a fan of his as a player, so I actually hold him to a higher standard. If he led us through the coaching and free agency mishaps this summer, concluding the two years of planning for it with the cap dumps we had done, I woulda criticized him and the FO even harder...no BS. Quitting was weak AF, but it did provide us an opening to get some more seasoned and deserving execs up there...but “it is, what it is...”

Btw Fab4, you keep bringing up CL..so tell me this playa, how did I address the Jimbo/Mitch magicwand nonsense back then? I guess anything magic has me triggered, OR...I’ve been consistent in scrutinizing the FO, particularly when their contingencies imo harm the endgame, which is 18+ vs 17. Nothings changed...I expressed how the FO should be more proactive then, as I currently am doing now. You keep stating that you loved the Vash of old...what’s changed? Other than my recent hair loss...thanks Kenzo.

Anyways, enough with the sappy s***...

Dec. 15th is coming and we’re less than 2 months away from the deadline/buyout szn.

I hope our FO can address needs that will help our title hopes. Give coach better options...cause you’re only as good as them. They better be working on contingencies right the f*** now, cause Bron/AD need to stay froggy when Spring comes...

#ItIsWhatItIs

16. LaVarBallsDad

Nobody hacked my account - LOL. I wanted to read your rebuttal.

LOL. I like some of your content, Vash.

And I think you have legitimate concerns. I do, too.

Maybe it's the way we "express" those concerns; maybe it's the "rehashing..."

Either way, we're all just Lakers fans who want another ring....

And I apologize for my behavior; I'm moving on...

I hope you do, too.

abeer3 likes this.
  17. vasashi17

:Beertoast2:

Yeah, that just happened.

[​IMG]

New wmc, gotta get off others ignore lists. LVBD, maybe you can convince em bro.

abeer3 and OX1947 like this.
  18. OX1947

OX1947 - Lakers All Star -

Here's my stat for you all......

-Ball - Ingram - Hart + Anthony Davis = 21 and 3.

JohnnyComeLately2k6 and abeer3 like this.
  19. vasashi17

You're missing more from that equation tho. Cause if it was just that, I wouldn't have a beef with it.

The more assets you retain (and don't prematurely dump), the more flexible you are in improving around Bron/AD. As of right now, our lack in flexibility impacts how much we can really be flexing on the league down the stretch.

Btw, here's another equation for you to consider:

4th total mins/5th total usage Bron + 12th total mins/9th total usage AD + only duo to be top 15 in both categories =
    21-3

LaVarBallsDad likes this.
  20. LaVarBallsDad

I agree with you on this, Vash.

I'll say this; the last game he played 28 mins, and he will have 2 days off before the Orlando game, right?

Going forward (because of the good start), I am thinking there will be some games he can sit out after January, and we can see his mins reduced.

Same goes for AD. And I have heard Vogel touch on monitoring his mins; he's not completely oblivious; I do think there is a plan there...

Wino likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.