Official Whine, Moan, Complain Thread 19/20-CLOSED "WE CHAMPS!"

Discussion in 'Lakers Discussion' started by puffyusaf#2, Jul 5, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JLaker17

JLaker17 - Lakers Starter -

He can definitely help Russell learn how to minimize turnovers.

therealdeal likes this.
  2. KB24

KB24 Administrator Staff Member

Certified Tax Advisor
    I don't agree.

First Deng is 31 and usually the first thing to slow down when you get older is defense. And Ingram is a skinny 18 year old kid. Even Kawhi Leonard couldn't come and make LA improve by 15 spots, let alone BI.

3. therealdeal

therealdeal Moderator Staff Member

I know this is the WMC thread so my optimism is a little out of place, but I think we're definitely going to be a better defensive team than last season at least.

- No we don't have any stand out individual defenders, but defense these days is based mostly on scheme since the rules really make it difficult to be a defensive dynamo. Last season Curry averaged 2 steals a game and he's a horrible defender. It's all about positioning, switching, and covering certain men/spots on the floor. Byron Scott's defensive plan was non-existent. Luke should at least have a scheme.

- @trodgers just said that Kobe was one of our best defenders last season. Kobe was a 37 year old traffic cone out there! Deng may be past his prime defensively, but he's a hell of a lot better than Kobe the 37 year old traffic cone. The kids should improve and Ingram's length will already be helpful. At worst Deng/Ingram will be better defensively than Kobe/Nick Young.

4. OX1947

OX1947 - Lakers All Star -

Team defense is key. Pierce and Allen couldn't guard me until they played together in Boston. 75% of defense in basketball is desire. I have a feeling this Laker team will want to play D for Walton instead of arms folder.

5. trodgers

trodgers Administrator Staff Member

Professor of Humanities
    Kobe was one of our worst! Deng will replace him. It's just that Kobe played so many minutes that it out him among the most "impactful" of defenders.

6. therealdeal

Right. Deng replacing Kobe will make us a better defensive team just accidentally.

trodgers likes this.
  7. Weezy

Weezy Moderator Staff Member

I thought this was the WMC thread. Come in, WMC, leave, no arguments, no optimism. Let me irrationally vent.

:KobePoint:

Last edited: Jul 7, 2016
    sirronstuff and LaVarBallsDad like this.
  8. therealdeal

WE SUCK AND DENG SUCKS AND CALDERON IS WORSE THAN DUJON!

Kenzo, alam1108, gcclaker and 5 others like this.
  9. sirronstuff

sirronstuff - Lakers Legend -

Making you asset free AND happy by 2030
    I can't believe we didn't keep a former coach of the year, and instead hired a total coaching rookie.

:Headpoint::Coachbyron::Byronbye:

Use the emoticons before they are gone!

Khmrp and therealdeal like this.
  10. fabfourlakers

fabfourlakers - Lakers Starter -

I'll start it off:

Hate the Mozgov signing. Overpaid when we didn't need to and other centers that had better years got paid either slightly more (Biyombo), the same (Mahinmi) or less (Al Jefferson and dump candidates like Bogut that we coulda had).

I like the Calderon deal but not BECAUSE of Calderon. Calderon is terrible defensively and I would have preferred a guard that can play some defense and help D-Lo and Clarkson in that department. That's why the Deng signing makes the most sense. He will help our forwards defensively.

Can I say that I hate the Mozgov signing again? Geez.

Juronimo likes this.
  11. KareemtheGreat33

KareemtheGreat33 - Lakers MVP -

Brow-beater
    Gotta to trust the coaching staff on the Mozgov deal. Shaw probably is the one wanted him most. Mitch just went out and give Timofey an offer he can't refuse. I don't like the deal but if he gets a double double and block two shots a game then we might forget this overpayment.

12. sirronstuff

sirronstuff - Lakers Legend -

Making you asset free AND happy by 2030
    Might need some of this.....to go with that.

[​IMG]

lakerjones likes this.
  13. fabfourlakers

fabfourlakers - Lakers Starter -

He's not even going to play enough to get the minutes to average a double double and 2 blocks. Luke will probably use small ball lineups a lot with Randle Deng Ingram Clarkson Russell (I mean, I HOPE he does cuz otherwise Ingram or Deng or Randle may sit in crunch time, which I don't want).

The Mozgov signing is bad and will be even worse in 2 years time. There better be an amnesty clause in the next CBA. Heck, there should be the option to axe TWO players with amnesty in the next CBA with how terrible these deals were.

14. trodgers

trodgers Administrator Staff Member

Professor of Humanities
    Bogut played 1451 minutes, 21 per game. He's a career 7/5 in 18.2 minutes, and over the past three years, he's been at 8.5/6.1 in 21.5 minutes per game. I don't think he'll suddenly average a double double, but I can't see why that would matter. Arbitrary numbers are arbitrary.

Can he shoot/score effectively? Can he play effective D? Can he stay on the court and lead the young bigs by example? If he can do that, I don't care what his numbers are.

therealdeal likes this.
  15. Doc Brown

Doc Brown - Lakers Starter -

Doctorin'
    If you want to get real pissed and open old wounds, re-read the letter Dan Gilbert wrote to Stern about the Lakers/CP2. Look at how much, hypocrisy, plan stealing, and BS is in there in relation to where the Cavs are at right now.

The Washington Generals comment at the end is so effing ironic considering the position they are in as well as the NBA in general.

Battle Tested20 and Weezy like this.
  16. tada

tada - Lakers All Star -

Commissioner,

It would be a travesty to allow the Lakers to acquire Chris Paul in the apparent trade being discussed.

This trade should go to a vote of the 29 owners of the Hornets.

Over the next three seasons this deal would save the Lakers approximately $20 million in salaries and approximately $21 million in luxury taxes. That $21 million goes to non-taxpaying teams and to fund revenue sharing.

I cannot remember ever seeing a trade where a team got by far the best player in the trade and saved over $40 million in the process. And it doesn't appear that they would give up any draft picks, which might allow to later make a trade for Dwight Howard. (They would also get a large trade exception that would help them improve their team and/or eventually trade for Howard.) When the Lakers got Pau Gasol (at the time considered an extremely lopsided trade) they took on tens of millions in additional salary and luxury tax and they gave up a number of prospects (one in Marc Gasol who may become a max-salary player).

I just don't see how we can allow this trade to happen.

I know the vast majority of owners feel the same way that I do.

When will we just change the name of 25 of the 30 teams to the Washington Generals?

Please advise...

Dan G.

17. therealdeal

Let's punish Mitch Kupchak who did a masterful job because my team blows?

Way to go Gilbert. The fact that this man won a championship is more of a travesty than LeBron winning it. If Dan Gilbert was murdered tomorrow (although I don't condone the action) it would make the world a better place.

18. gcclaker

gcclaker Moderator Staff Member

I'll bring it up again... During Dr. Buss' funeral Jerry West stared down Stern and spoke of how the late Laker owner did everything with integrity unlike others. We can pretty much know who he is referring to.

19. puffyusaf#2

puffyusaf#2 - Lakers Starter -

Author of "Just a Thought"
    Why wouldn't I? This thread was created for those who need to complain. I'm an more optimistic that RealDeal yet he created the Optimism thread. WMC was borne out of necessity at CL's overreactions and it is a very much needed thread on these boards I think lol

trodgers likes this.
  20. Battle Tested20

Battle Tested20 Moderator Staff Member

Technical Data Analyst
    I forgot that you did start them at CL, my bad.

I'm glad we have this thread because everyone needs a place to vent instead of it just imploding in other threads.

puffyusaf#2 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.