Official Whine, Moan, Complain Thread 19/20-CLOSED "WE CHAMPS!"

Discussion in 'Lakers Discussion' started by puffyusaf#2, Jul 5, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Azndude2190

Azndude2190 - Lakers 6th Man -

Yea I mean they (FO) have been humbled over the last few years, but they still have not fully learned their lesson. It bothers me that they were still somewhat blindsided by the fact that Durant didn't even want to meet with us. Hello? We won 17 games. Who the **** wants to spend the prime of their life turning that record into something respectable.

2. Khmrp

Khmrp - Lakers MVP -

Jim/Mitch should just step down now, seeing the disaster the last 3years should bring them enough shame....but knowing Jim/Mitch, they'll sell us Mozgov as someone better than any of the other C's that were available and deng will be an invaluable vet that we couldn't do without. While I'm not a Jeannie supporter either, I do hope she musters up the balls to let them go now before they do something stupid to complete Jim vision of WCF or Bust as this is the 3rd and final year to his time line promise.

3. Daloyalfan18-Brandon

Daloyalfan18-Brandon - Rookie -

I'm generally optimistic about our young guys, but I'm afraid that none of them will ever become superstars. We could end up maxed out with a bunch of players that can't take us to the next level and end up stuck in mediocrity for a loooooooonnnnnnnnnngggggggggg time.

4. LTLakerFan

LTLakerFan - Lakers Legend -

My WMC for today is your post above. :Woozyshaq:

;)

Khmrp and tada like this.
  5. Barnstable

Barnstable Supreme Fuzzler of Lakersball.com Staff Member

My only problem with cleaning out the FO and Jeanie, is who do we get to replace them?

Ryan West seems to be level headed and our scouting department seems to be top notch, but who would you all like to take over and trust to not run the team into the ground? Believe me... the FO could be worse, and that's not an attempt to defend them, but to bring up the reality that there aren't a lot of people out there where it wouldn't just be a complete shot in the dark that they do better.

6. lakerjones

lakerjones Moderator Staff Member

First off, Jeannie isn't stepping down. Jim made his own bed on this one by publicly (as well as privately first to his siblings) declaring that he was going to deliver a winner in a specific amount of time or else he would step down. I would have rather that he delivered on his promise but he's not going to be able to unless we are able to land Westbrook in trade without giving up too much. He will have to step down after this season barring a miracle trade this offseason or by the deadline. Personally, I think it's for the good of the franchise.

I don't think Mitch should step down, however. We don't have someone immediately to fill his shoes and we don't need a feeling of chaos this summer if we are doing everything possible to attract Westbrook. Mitch has proved to be a solid GM and a known quantity. I don't feel that he has any negative bearing on bringing Westbrook. On the other hand, Jim Buss's public perception absolutely does have a negative impact. He needs to go like he said he would.

7. Battle Tested20

Battle Tested20 Moderator Staff Member

Technical Data Analyst
    I never thought you would be the one @puffyusaf#2 to start this thread

I'm not mad, just disappointed. :(

8. RushDelivery

RushDelivery - Rookie -

Free agency really didn't turn out the way I had hoped. I understand the need to acquire veteran players who can help create a positive locker room for the young guys as they develop, but to spend so much money for four years on two players on the wrong side of 30 (one of them who played very poorly last season) when many young talents were available seems a bit shortsighted.

Then again, perhaps none of the other potential targets were interested in us, forcing us to go to plan B which was to overpay older players to convince them to sign. Still, I hope we have cap space next year or we will again miss out on signing high impact players and be forced to depend on our young players developing or trading them for an existing superstar.

With that out of the way, having Luke instead of Boron and watching Ingram and Russell grow and develop alone makes the next season far far better than last season, so we're still heading in the right direction despite my misgivings.

lakerjones and therealdeal like this.
  9. therealdeal

therealdeal Moderator Staff Member

I am very sour on Jeanie right now, but I think removing Jim from the picture would smooth her out. She'd gain absolute control and she would implement her open policies in the offices. She wants to be included more and those two aren't doing it so she's now running a smear campaign vigorously against her brother.

She's likely to bring Phil in if she can, but I'm not exactly excited about that. He's done a decent job in NY but hasn't inspired my confidence. The best one I've heard is promoting Mitch to President with many of the GM responsibilities and then having Ryan do what Mitch did for 14 years which was technically be GM but ease into it while Mitch helps the transition.

10. gcclaker

gcclaker Moderator Staff Member

I never follow rules... :) The Jeannie and Jim saga playing out in the open making Laker brass look like a soap opera instead of a professional organization.

LTLakerFan and Cookie like this.
  11. abeer3

abeer3 - Lakers Legend -

this is why you have to rid yourself of both, not just one. given that the family is unlikely to a) sell or b) remove themselves from the business, i think you just have to keep everyone. the answer isn't giving jeanie more power. she's clearly insane.

Khmrp likes this.
  12. gcclaker

gcclaker Moderator Staff Member

There was a post here by someone who said that this is all about Jeannie compensating for her father's approval who favored Jim more.

Unload Nick Young!

13. pound4pound

pound4pound - Lakers Starter -

my WMC for today is all 4yrs being guaranteed for both FA pickups

Juronimo and Cookie like this.
  14. Azndude2190

Azndude2190 - Lakers 6th Man -

Only answer is Jerry West. Bridges were burned, but time to mend them and turn things around in front office.

15. LTLakerFan

No. Seriously there is less chance of Jerry coming back than there is of LeBron telling Cleveland he changed his mind about defending the title, and instead is taking his talents to L.A. along with D. Wade both taking only 10M each to make it work. Jerry coming back to the Lakers after all these years, sorry, is the ultimate pipe.

I think. :p

Juronimo likes this.
  16. alam1108

alam1108 - Lakers Legend -

Free agency really stopped all the good momentum we were building once the season ended. That Ding article halted us to a complete stop and failing to even meet with any big name free agent sent us backwards.

I'm all for ridding Jim/Mitch and letting Jeanie have full control but I'm not excited about the prospect of her bringing Phil back.

17. LTLakerFan

Well my post will probably get mod discretion moved to the Optimism thread, but maybe my being disagreeable and unhappy will keep it here ..... with regards to us getting "sent backwards" for this year after landing Deng and a healthy again Mozgov.

18. KB24

KB24 Administrator Staff Member

Certified Tax Advisor
    I will whine in advance...

the Lakers defense is going to be atrocious. My hope is the improvement on offense is big enough to show a better W-L column. Its clear that defense wasn't/isn't a big focus based on the moves this off-season.

Mike Brown and B-Scott told us they will focus on defense and the results were awful. Now this team doesn't even pretend to be focusing on defense. Either they will be that much worse or they will be a surprise.

19. trodgers

trodgers Administrator Staff Member

Professor of Humanities
    Can't see us being worse than we were, but I agree that defense will be a big concern.

4th most PPG allowed.
    2nd highest FG% allowed.
    Most assists allowed.
    Worst defensive rating in the NBA.

Statistically, our three worst defenders last year were Young, Kobe, and Huertas. Kobe's gone, Nick is likely gone, and Huertas won't play, even if he's on the team.

Cookie likes this.
  20. KareemtheGreat33

KareemtheGreat33 - Lakers MVP -

Brow-beater
    Deng and Ingram together probably will make us a middle of the pack defensive team

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.