Official: Unsubstantiated Trade Suggestions, Speculation, And Rumors

Discussion in 'Lakers Discussion' started by Barnstable, Sep 15, 2014.

1. Barnstable

Barnstable Supreme Fuzzler of Lakersball.com Staff Member

If you have a trade idea, speculating on a trade or hear a rumor from a non NBA connected source....

it all goes in here.

2. trodgers

trodgers Administrator Staff Member

Professor of Humanities
    Sacre for Marc Gasol?

lakerjones likes this.
  3. FreeThePeople

FreeThePeople - Rookie -

^ Yes please. But actually, Marc Gasol is my #1 choice for a player joining our team. I'm happy with Lin, Kobe and Boozer/Randle, and if Wesley has improved on his jumper like I think he has this season, he should be the perfect wing to play alongside Kobe. Marc Gasol would play so well with Randle, and I think getting him would instantly put us into contender status.

lakerjones likes this.
  4. therealdeal

therealdeal Moderator Staff Member

I'd love Marc Gasol here too. I also think he'd be a great foil to Randle. I have to think the Pau situation hurts us though.

5. Battle Tested20

Battle Tested20 Moderator Staff Member

Technical Data Analyst
    I concur with the last 3 posters that Marc Gasol needs to be wearing the P&G. His passing ability and solid post/position defender would be something we could really use. I agree with Real that the Pau thing doesn't help our chances but I still believe we will have a shot especially if Memphis doesn't do as well as they should this year

lakerjones likes this.
  6. FreeThePeople

FreeThePeople - Rookie -

All we need to do is draft the 3rd Gasol brother and trade for Marc... :smirk:

therealdeal and Chillbongo like this.
  7. Barnstable

Barnstable Supreme Fuzzler of Lakersball.com Staff Member

I would love to get Marc, but I highly doubt it happens. You just know Pau complained to him about being traded for Chris Paul and how he felt he was treated in that trade.

8. Doc Brown

Doc Brown - Lakers Starter -

Doctorin'
    My center wishlist for next offseason would be.....

1.) M. Gasol
    2.) R. Lopez
    3.) O. Asik
    4.) G. Monroe
    5.) R. Hibbert
    6.) D. Jordan

5 out of the 6 are legit centers, add in Hill on resigned cheaper deal and we have one of the best center combos in the league. I wouldn't pay anything more than 10-12 million per year for them. Lopez would be a huge steal if we could get him for 7-8 million, he's really underrated.

9. Battle Tested20

Technical Data Analyst
    That list seems about right from my perspective. I would probably have Hibbert at #6 and Jordan at #5.

As much as I would love to have Hill back I really doubt that will happen. I really do believe that Hill will be traded at some point this season because lord knows we aren't picking up his contract at $9 million for next year.

10. LaVarBallsDad

LaVarBallsDad - Lakers Legend -

As someone else mentioned in another forum, Hibbert has a Mitch trade written all over him. You could buy low considering the position that Indiana might be potentially facing after losing both Stephenson and Lance in the same offseason; they are not going to be very good and could possibly trade Hibbert for picks/prospects.

Now, if doesn't work (which I know is a remote possibility, I'd draft one next year using the Houston providing we didn't use it before then as a trade sweetener in another transaction; for example a legit SF...

11. Battle Tested20

Technical Data Analyst
    That's an interesting point you make about a Hibbert trade given IND spot and the future with Hibbert's stock pretty low right now. I hadn't ever really considered that possibility but it seems to make since if IND continues down a terrible path to start this year.

12. FreeThePeople

FreeThePeople - Rookie -

I'm not so sure about Hibbert. Yeah, he had a terrible season, but why would they want to trade him after losing Stephenson and with George down a year? He still has an All-Star resumé - they need a lot out of him. Maybe if Hibbert continues to play poorly this season, and also maybe if we work some miraculous trade with a possible 3rd or 4th team... In Mitch we trust! >:)

13. Battle Tested20

Technical Data Analyst
    I doubt it happens as well but it's certainly not a ridiculous stretch of the imagination

14. SamsonMiodek

SamsonMiodek - Lakers 6th Man -

Family guy
    I don't know about Hibbert. The way he disappeared in the postseason is a huge red flag to me.

I agree with all of you who mentioned Marc though, he would be perfect for us. I also hope the Pau situation is not that big of a deal. If he sees the potential to win (which I expect Mitch to build in a relatively short time), that might just be enough to convince him. They may have a very good team in Memphis, but do you expect them to ever be a contender? Me neither... Besides, no matter how it all ended, Pau had a few fantastic years in LA and this team allowed him to get his chips. If Marc doesn't want to come here because of what happened to Pau, that would be kind of immature IMO .

lakerjones likes this.
  15. therealdeal

If there was a way to do it, I'd pull the trigger on Hibbert. I think it's more realistic than Gasol.

Hibbert also put in some work with Cap this summer who was impressed, so there's some connection there. I don't know who we would trade though. We don't have many assets that Indiana would find interesting or that we are likely to be willing to part with.

16. LaVarBallsDad

^It would likely need to involve a third team to help facilitate that deal. Another team to keep an eye on is GS and all their SF's...Iggy, B. Rush, D. Green, H. Barnes, and even Klay plays the 3 at times..they are in need of another Big Man. As we know, Bogut is injury-prone; additionally, we have a crowded front-court and wouldn't it make sense to pursue a H. Barnes maybe for something like a 2nd round pick and a Big we have on our roster?

17. therealdeal

That's an interesting idea. I'm not sure they'd be willing to move him for so little though. He was a pretty recent high draft pick. I have to think they still have high hopes for him.

18. LaVarBallsDad

He was and he has a ton of potential. For all I know, Kerr may give him more time than he received last year under Jackson; however, with that rotation somebody is going to be squeezed out.

19. Chillbongo

Chillbongo - Lakers 6th Man -

I could see Indy biting on a Draymond/Barnes package for Hibbert. But they need a big back, especially if West retires. Maybe Bogut is expendable? Bogut+ Draymond & pick for Hibbert and filler?

I like Hibbert for the Lakers but why would Indy let him go? Also I was shocked at the way he dropped off in the Playoffs. Was it really another Pau/Shannon situation - did someone actually sleep with his girl?

20. therealdeal

I've never heard that rumor. The rumor I heard was that he was really offended when Indiana picked up Bynum. It messed with his confidence because he felt like he was being replaced.