Official Marvel / MCU Discussion:

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by ThizGuy83, Feb 9, 2015.

1. JohnnyComeLately2k6

JohnnyComeLately2k6 - Lakers 6th Man -

Data Vampire Buckaroo
    Not really sure, but a colleague from work has told me they're simply moving out of NetFlix to another provider, I believe, so they may not be totally cancelled at all. As for your take on the NetFlix Marvel Universe, you may be right.

2. ThizGuy83

ThizGuy83 - Rookie -

Medical healthcare professional
    starting to cut down on the marvel Netflix series due to Disney starting their own streaming service soon. surprised jessica jones hasn't been cancelled yet. I'm sure Netflix will keep daredevil and punisher series as long as they can since those 2 are definite favorites

JohnnyComeLately2k6 likes this.
  3. therealdeal

therealdeal Moderator Staff Member

Daredevil Season 3 is good thus far. Slow burn, but solid character building. I'm only on the third episode though.

Sucks to hear IF and LC were cancelled. I thought IF2 was solid. I'd have watched a third season for sure.

Hopefully Disney picks up the shows and puts them on their own streaming service. Or maybe they just cut the two shows into one. It'd be more interesting anyway. The dynamic of Luke/Danny is one of the best in Marvel comics. A rich white guy finding common ground with a down to earth black guy living in Harlem? What's not to love?

4. therealdeal

I finished Daredevil S3. I'd say it's better than S2 and maintains the kind of quality expected from that show.

It could probably shave down an episode or two, but overall the pace was okay. The great thing about Fisk as a villain is how slow you can play it and still have him be a menacing player on the board.

I thought their work with the new villain (no spoilers) was tremendous although it got somewhat repetitive towards the end. I thought there were also times when his abilities came off cornier than they should have. He should have been more menacing sometimes and instead I thought his abilities looked silly or depressed a little.

There weren't as many "OH S***" moments in this season, but there were quite a few moments of truly anxiety inducing screen time.

I thought their character building with the new FBI agents, Foggy, Karen, and Sister Maggie were all GREAT television and helped their character development while also filling in screen time that wasn't wasted on ninjas.

5. Barnstable

Barnstable Supreme Fuzzler of Lakersball.com Staff Member

I’m only half way through the season and I certainly thing season 3 is the best Daredevil so far. Man that long prison fight scene was incredible. Am I crazy, or was that one long shot?

raviator and therealdeal like this.
  6. therealdeal

It was!

I had to research it. They purposely built in stops just in case, but they ended up not using them. They took an entire day off filming just to rehearse that one scene and they ended up getting it. Charlie Cox said at the end the exhaustion he shows is legitimate, it's not acting. :D

The show improves from there, but that might be one of the most spectacular scenes in television. The sheer scope of what they tackled, the distance covered, the dedication from not just the actors but the film staff to get it done right. Just brilliantly done.

raviator and Barnstable like this.
  7. raviator

raviator - Rookie -

Just finished that episode. Wow. I looked and that was about a ten minute action take. They seemed to have at least one of those every season so far, hallway fight scene in 1, stairwell fight in season 2. And now this. Hallway is still my favorite so far but this one I think is just as impressive.

therealdeal likes this.
  8. therealdeal

The stairwell fight wasn't one shot which puts it last for me. They built in clever breaks.

For me, the prison scene was the best based on scope, but the hallway scene set a tone for this series of high expectations and standards.

Savory Griddles and raviator like this.
  9. Savory Griddles

Savory Griddles Moderator Staff Member

8 episodes in. This seems to be the character they are most comfortable with at Netflix. Even their second best character (Punisher) was born directly from this series. Loved the prison scene.

raviator and therealdeal like this.
  10. raviator

raviator - Rookie -

Daredevil cancelled? What the hell??!!

11. Kingsama

Kingsama - Rookie -

Word on the street is Disney is going to integrate these characters into new shows and existing properties in the MCU. What that looks like who knows, but the speculation has already begun that Kingpin is headed for the big screen in Spidey III

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk

12. alam1108

alam1108 - Lakers Legend -

Yup, Netflix characters are absolutely joining the MCU or at least have their show on the Disney streaming site. Problem is the Netflix shows are rather dark, will they lighten them up so that they are Disney friendly?

13. Kingsama

Kingsama - Rookie -

I would bet money on a heroes for hire series and/or daughters of the dragon series for IF, LC, JJ, and the ladies. I think that is rather straight forward really.

What will be interesting is what the do with DD and punisher.

As far as content i don't think it's a stretch to make it pg 13, change some words and delete sex scenes and you are good.

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk

14. raviator

raviator - Rookie -

I’d definitely go for a LC/IF teamup if Disney is willing to do that. I really liked that dynamic when Iron Fist showed up on Luke Cage battling them thugs. But I’m hoping they give DD his own show again on the new service although he does need to be on the big screen even if he’s just teaming up with spidey. If Fisk is going to be in Spidey 3, maybe we’ll see that? In any case regarding the Netflix show I kind of wish they’d give DD at least one more season. I read they had the whole storyline for season 4 mapped out.

15. Kenzo

Kenzo - Lakers All Star -

16. alam1108

Spiderman: Into the Spider-Verse is the best Spiderman movie ever.

Weezy and TIME like this.
  17. TIME

TIME Administrator Staff Member

Lifelong Lakers fan.
    Thanks for the heads up. Will for sure check it out.

alam1108 and JohnnyComeLately2k6 like this.
  18. alam1108

If you can catch it in Dolby, I highly recommend it.

TIME likes this.
  19. SamsonMiodek

SamsonMiodek - Lakers 6th Man -

Family guy
    Watched the first 2 episodes of The Punisher's Season 2. Loved every piece of it, especially the fight scenes.

20. Savory Griddles

Savory Griddles Moderator Staff Member

Saw Captain Marvel. It's not my favorite Marvel movie. It's probably one of my least favorites to be honest. It's better than IM3 and Thor 2, but it has problems. Non-Spoilers: First off, most Marvel movies have a certain feel. This felt different to me. I can't put my finger on it, but it felt like it wasn't part of the MCU. Second, I think Brie Larson was miscast. She's a talented actress,very talented, but this role was not a good fit for her. The complaints about the trailers regarding her smile are not the issue. She just doesn't have the same level of charisma as the other heroes in the MCU. I'm not expecting RDJ or Christ Pratt levels of charisma, but there isn't that spark when she comes on screen. There isn't that feeling where you get excited when she comes on screen because, "That's our hero." Part of that may come from my third problem though which is they needed to dumb down her powers cause she is INSANE. She just removed 90% of the drama from Avengers: End Game. She is Superman if Superman could throw nuclear fire balls and not be susceptible to kryptonite. I guess she isn't as physically strong (that we were shown) to where she can lift entire buildings, but she seemed to be Thor level strong.

It's a good movie, but not close to being a great one. And she now creates a Marvel universe where there isn't drama because she is soooooooo overpowered.

alam1108 likes this.