Motorcycles

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by LooN3y, Apr 13, 2022.

1. LooN3y

LooN3y - Rookie -

Anybody ride here? Just wondering who does and if they can share experiences and advice from our lakersball/clublakers family.

I barely started riding, very much a noob.

But as many noobs, im just hooked and watching every YouTube video I can and signed up to multiple forums and discord servers.

I have an ADV because my pops wants to go riding with me and convinced me not to get a sports bike as my first bike.

Punk-101 likes this.
  2. Punk-101

Punk-101 - Lakers Starter -

Welcome to the brotherhood! I recommend taking the rider safety course. Ride defensively, always assuming cars don’t see you. Stay out of blind spots. Always leave yourself an exit to move to in an emergency to get out of the way of a car. Take turns slowly until you get comfortable. Loud pipes save lives.

Ridden dirt bikes my whole life. Never raced tracks, just desert riding and camping.

I’ve started street riding about 5 years ago. started with a Honda shadow customized to a bobber. Then a similar Yamaha vstar. Now I ride a Harley crossbones. I don’t host my own photos online so I’ll have to Google some similar bikes:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Kenzo and LooN3y like this.
  3. LooN3y

LooN3y - Rookie -

Wow nice, I'm so hooked right now I want every type of bike lol.

I'm pretty nervous with traffic, but I dont remember being this nervous with a car before. Definitly I think of the times where a someone was filtering through traffic and I never saw him until he passed me.

One of my friends said even having two bikes is too much but lol I want 3 but that might bee a bit over board (ADV, Sport, Cruiser). But this ADV I'm going to add alot of after market parts to have it more off road than road.

Dude... I wish someone told me this gets more expensive AFTER the bike purchase. (Gear, Casual armored gear, parts) But I'm lovin it I needed something to get into.

Punk-101 likes this.
  4. Punk-101

Punk-101 - Lakers Starter -

I was nervous in traffic too. Just remember that cars aren’t monsters, they’re just people who don’t want to hit you any more than you want to get hit lol.
    And yes, it can get expensive. Don’t go overboard buying upgrades on your first bike. You might outgrow it and want something bigger, faster, or different.
    You should try Moto camping. Some great YouTube videos. I love it but I’m confined to campgrounds as I don’t have a capable off road bike. You could get to some rad spots on your ADV.

LooN3y likes this.
  5. Kenzo

Kenzo - Lakers All Star -

I want MV Agusta Brutale, LiveWire and custom HD Outbreak... can't afford a freakin decent bicycle currently though :(
    Riding in traffic might be scary, i've seen way too many close calls while draving a car, if i was on a bike then... hospital guaranteed.
    You need to think for yourself and all these other car deivers around you, it gets easier with time ;)
    Stay safe and have fun.

LooN3y likes this.
  6. LooN3y

LooN3y - Rookie -

RS660 is my next goal after much research.

If I'd get a curiser I'd get a Nighters but I heard Harley riders hate on the sportser models. But it looks damn beautiful and couple grand cheaper than the usual HD

Attached Files:

Punk-101 likes this.
  7. sirronstuff

sirronstuff - Lakers Legend -

Your time is running out Ham
    I ride a motorcycle almost everywhere in the Philippines. Most towns are not built for car parking, so it's majorly inconvenient to drive them around. But yes, beware of other drivers. So many unaware drivers of their surroundings. Drive safe for the conditions, and keep your head on a swivel.

Would love to try motorcycle camping @Punk-101 that sounds cool. I'll have to get a bigger bike I think ahaha. I'm the big tent guy with a cot, so maybe not.

LooN3y and Punk-101 like this.
  8. LooN3y

LooN3y - Rookie -

I got some down time here on a business trip in India and bored as hell so I thought it just post pics of my bikes lol.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Punk-101 and JohnnyComeLately2k6 like this.
  9. LooN3y

LooN3y - Rookie -

I think I have a bike problem, I want a lowrider S for a cruiser and I want an S1KRR for a liter bike or possibly an H2.

Lol these are much later tho since I was financially irresponsible and just financed my RS660 (P-Twin)

Punk-101 likes this.