Marc Gasol Discussion: The Rain In Spain Falls Mainly On The Plain

Discussion in 'NBA Discussion' started by Cookie, Nov 22, 2020.

1. Slick2021

Slick2021 - Lakers All Star -

He is a NBA player, he is supposed to bring SOMETHING to the table, if he didn't, he wouldn't be in the NBA. 18 mins is 18 mins, 5 fouls is 5 fouls. STILL I thought his physicality was good, and I would take that every night. Same for Drummond...get some boards, bang on people, that other stuff is secondary.

2. LTLakerFan

LTLakerFan - Lakers Legend -

WTF? Like I said way to ignore the big minutes played more “stat filling” IMPACTFUL games just played recently, and how hard to do that after fighting off covid and then getting benched for a month. 1 f****** game you’d rather make your point on because of 1 point? Weak.

IE Lakers likes this.
  3. LTLakerFan

He is! Your mindset by that logic aligns with those that “want” to ship KCP, on a great contract, out just because he goes cold for 2 or 3 games.

4. Slick2021

Pffft..Gasol isn't as concerned about it as you seem to be. Whatever reason there was, he was benched for a reason. I'm sure he totally understood that, he didn't have to be happy about it. A pro shouldn't, that said.. he adapted to the situation. That is what's best for the Lakers. I don't quite get your obsession with arguing over Gasol's impact and importance.

The beauty of basketball is that it can be played, and viewed differently by different people. I prefer my bigs to be physical, rebound and bang. Floor spacing, three point shooting is a nice bonus. We could do that without Gasol, he does have the size and girth our other guys don't. I see that as his biggest asset to this team.

5. Slick2021

Maybe you are just a Gasol fan or something. I said what I said, it's not like he played some great game. I also said that he provided something that I felt was important. Maybe you think the other stuff was more important. To each his own. Bottom line is a win.

6. LTLakerFan

My "obsession" is your "bad", weak take ignoring the points several of us are making that outweigh by a large margin you taking issue with his one point game. Just keep parroting the same thing over.

IE Lakers likes this.
  7. LTLakerFan

Fixed it for you.

IE Lakers likes this.
  8. Slick2021

How is it a weak take pointing out 1 point? I don't need you to explain the game to me. What you think is important is your opinion, I have my own opinions. I don't view it as a popularity contest.

We won a chip because we were the most physical team in every series. We will win another one in the same way this season..(if our big two are healthy)

That's MY opinion, the physicality over a 7 game series, not three point shooting and floor spacing. AD is supremely talented, and he's a big. He brings his own version of physicality, so does Lebron. Gasol and Drummond adds muscle and punch. I don't care about their shooting, or passing...that muscle and punch is the key.

I'd rather see more than 1 point though, 5 rebounds is ok...8 or 9 would be better. However to me, wacking folks and making his presence felt, was more impactful than anything else. I'd like to see more of the same.

9. LTLakerFan

Like he wasn't physical in those other recent, stat filling, 62% 3 point shooting games as well? Are you kidding? You haven't discovered something here that the rest of us taking issue with your 1 point take this game, don't already know and like about him too.

10. Slick2021

You are entitled to your opinion. So am I.
    I'm not moved, not concerned about you being so either. I'm a Lakers fan too, we don't have to agree on ANYTHING, except wanting the team to win period.

11. Slick2021

Man whatever...I don't care at all about some 62% 3 point shooting. Did it win us any games? Bang, rebound be physical...I value that, over shooting an occasional three point shot. As long as he is doing that, I'm good, if you want to crow about three pointers and floor spacing...have at it.

12. LTLakerFan

Not an opinion. What I fixed was facts about the recent games you just ignored now like 4 times as if they're only opinions like your bad 1 point take you're of course entitled to.

13. Slick2021

Join a Gasol fan club then. I don't really care what you think. I said what I said, and meant every word I posted.

14. LTLakerFan

Probably don't give a s*** about him still being the best or 2nd best passing big man in the game and what it means for motion in our offense, either, long as he bangs for you?

15. Slick2021

No I don't care at all about any of that. Bang and get boards yep..more important in my book. That stuff you are talking about isn't going to help us win a chip. Didn't help us win many games either once James went down. That's why he got benched in the first place.

16. LTLakerFan

LMAO. Bull bleep. Now you're contradicting what you said originally in your take, ignoring his recent 3 or so games where the original post from on line, was based upon including last night. Just to piss in the cornflakes here.

[​IMG]

Trevor Lane
    @Trevor_Lane
    ..... Since Andre Drummond arrived with the Lakers at the end of March, Marc Gasol is shooting 64% from the field and 62% from 3

All to not give an inch and maybe admit it wasn't the greatest of takes? Why then your original 1st half post, and then your reply to Weezy ? ?

17. Slick2021

SMH. I said what I said...that wasn't a great game by Gasol. That stat line speaks for itself. I did say that he did something I liked though..

Yeah he is a NBA player, he IS supposed to bring SOMETHING to the table. Banging and getting boards is that SOMETHING to me. I can live with that. No..the three point shooting and floor spacing don't impress me. That may be his best attribute to you. So? I don't have to agree with you on the subject. I haved spelled out my take on it, several times now.

SO..Let say it like this...say Gasol went 4-5 from the three point line with 3 rebs 3 assists. 12pts 3rebs 3 assists 1 foul.

Or he didn't hit a 3pointer, but had 11 rebs 6 points and 2 assists and 5 fouls.

I'd prefer the latter, it belies a more physical outing IMO. That's my preference, we can get three point shooting from numerous guys on this team. Boards and a few timely wacks from a guy his size, holds more value to me. If he had a few more points and a few more rebounds, that would have been a better outing.
    Spin it around how you like.

Last edited: May 10, 2021
  18. LakerFanIam

LakerFanIam - Lakers 6th Man -

19. wallangong

wallangong - Lakers 6th Man -

Actually on this team, we have the boards and timely wacks in abundance with Harrell and Drummond. Gasol's passing and ability to stretch the floor while playing good D and boxing out (something that's as important as the actual rebound and goes unrecognized by most), is what makes him so valuable. Saying one is more important than the other to you is pretty tone deaf to the reality of the modern day game. We also want AD playing close to the rim. Drummond's lack of shooting ability can clog the paint and force AD outside. Having a big that can keep the defense honest with the 3 and make the pass to cutters or AD down on the block is a luxury.

20. karacha

karacha Moderator Staff Member

Knowing AD, he's probably enjoying that immensely.

[​IMG]

LTLakerFan and wallangong like this.