Lakers VS Slippers Discussion

Discussion in 'Lakers Discussion' started by SFGOLDRUSHER, Jul 10, 2019.

1. alam1108

alam1108 - Lakers Legend -

Finally a place for Blake Griffin's jersey.

tada, gcclaker, lakerjones and 4 others like this.
  2. Mr. Rambis

Mr. Rambis - Rookie - LB Verified Insider

The new arena along with the rise of the Clippers definitely has AEG concerned, as I've previously alluded to.

3. lavar-is-trash

lavar-is-trash - Rookie -

Who in their right, unbiased mind would take Jeanie over Ballmer?

Ballmer is a goofy clown but I gotta respect his passion. You can tell he really wants to win and will spend as much as he needs to. On the other hand, our front office wouldn't even give a market rate 5 year deal to a championship coach lol.

Go read his Wiki...son of immigrants who earned his way into Harvard, early at Microsoft and took over as CEO from Gates obviously.

Meanwhile Jeanie has had everything in her life handed to her, riding her dad's coattails...now that he's out of the picture, she's failed miserably as an owner and seems content with us not making the playoffs...hires her friends and ex Lakers over people who are actually qualified.

Trash Ballmer all you want, but the guy is a hustler. Can't say the same about Jeanie. We've been a dysfunctional mess ever since she became owner.

Khmrp and Juronimo like this.
  4. Wino

Wino - Lakers Starter -

Retired
    No offense but who cares if you have issues, I do too, but I don't own the team and frankly, she has helped the Lakers to build a solid roster, while bringing in two of the best 5 players in the league. When the Lakers signed Shaq, they didn't go out and bring in the 4th best player in the league, they signed a rookie. My guess is nowadays, the press and "modern" fans would have roasted the team for only bringing in a rookie to help Shaq. The ONLY team that the Lakers have put together that could be unquestioned is Showtime, but even they started out with ONLY Jabbar, had to wait around 5 years to get Magic and were ONLY then able to fill out the roster with other solid players that wanted to chase rings.

The moves we have made in the past two years are as good as any move this team has ever made in all their history. Whether they pan out or not, remains to be seen, but you certainly cannot find fault in the effort. As far as the FO goes, yeah it is a bit concerning and yet it did NOT keep them from building this team to date. So all this posturing by armchair quarterbacks kind of strikes me as mental midgets trying to rock the boat. Don't really have much use for it. I have my worries but the difference is I don't run around all over the web spewing out diarrhea of the mouth just to make sure everyone knows how much I question the Lakers methods and FO.

Personally, I think we are going to be pretty darned good this year and my hope is that when things start moving positively forward all the negative people leave for browner pastures. My philosophy is to enjoy the ride or move on. I have had my moments where I have considered moving on, but stuck it out and tried very hard not to vent my frustrations too much online. In the end, I have bailed on four sports forums because of all the loud mouthed negative people. They suck, they are not fun, they are not bringing positive people in to read their drivel. They aren't, what they bring in are media hacks who are looking for angles on how to denigrate our team. None of it is going anything to elevate my abilities to enjoy the game and my team.

5. Wino

Wino - Lakers Starter -

Retired
    Yeah, all Jeannie has done is bring in Lebron and Davis a year apart. Name another time in Lakers history when two marquee players like that have been signed within a two year period?

LTLakerFan likes this.
  6. lavar-is-trash

lavar-is-trash - Rookie -

LeBron was coming here no matter what. He joined a garbage lottery team and had them all traded away for Davis because he, Davis, and Rich Paul had this plan in the works for years.

Let's not act like Jeanie was a factor in any of that.

Khmrp likes this.
  7. sirronstuff

sirronstuff - Lakers Legend -

Your time is running out Ham
    [​IMG]

8. Khmrp

Khmrp - Lakers MVP -

team assembly should not be credited to her. especially james n ad....James came here for his off court opportunities and hes just making the best of the situation by doing whatever he did tonget AD to demand a trade here, w/o those dominos we'd be bottom feeders yr over yr...in the past 5yrs we've had the worse record in the league hands down... if you dont care bout my issues with her then dont respond to my post

9. TIME

TIME Administrator Staff Member

Lifelong Lakers fan.
    Maybe actually read up a bit beyond his Wiki page :rofl: about Ballmer's career and you may sing a different tune.

How exactly has Jeanie failed miserably as an owner? She took over a completely disfunctional FO thanks to Jim, and in the short time she's been in charge we now have a team with 2 of the top 5 players in the league and filled with complementary role players. Vegas has us as one of the 2-3 teams most likely to win it all this year.

Last edited: Jul 27, 2019
  10. vasashi17

vasashi17 LB's Resident Capologist

Hey the clips may have won the Kawhi sweepstakes, but you know they definitely wanted to pair up Phil Handy with him...so at least we got the W on that front.

LTLakerFan likes this.
  11. TIME

Lifelong Lakers fan.
    Nice cherry picking. Anything goes wrong it's Jeanie's fault. Anything goes right and it can't possibly have anything to do with her.

12. Khmrp

Khmrp - Lakers MVP -

she took over a dysfunctional fo n made it more dysfunctional....if she deserves credit for james coming, id like to know what she did those prior yrs that made james want to come here, besides being in la n Lakers?

lavar-is-trash likes this.
  13. TIME

Lifelong Lakers fan.
    Tell me exactly how Jeannie has made the FO more dysfunctional than it was under Jim's leadership.

To answer your question: she cleaned house. Jim gone. Mitch gone. LeBron welcome. No way he would have come without those moves.

JohnnyComeLately2k6 likes this.
  14. Khmrp

Khmrp - Lakers MVP -

this past summer prior to fa period wasnt dysfunctional enough for you? jim/mitch was 3yrs to late to be honest

alam1108 likes this.
  15. TIME

Lifelong Lakers fan.
    Nice attempt to dodge my question. I'm waiting.

16. Khmrp

Khmrp - Lakers MVP -

magic/rob beef being aired out in public, rambiss having more power than anyone realizes, bpo quitting on live tv, not able to answer any questions bout those issues, last trade deadline this fo looked amateurish or stupid, multiple coachinging hire blunders (i dont have any issue with vogel but when he was originally slated to interview to be the asst coach and ends up being the actual hc its an issue)

alam1108 likes this.
  17. LTLakerFan

LTLakerFan - Lakers Legend -

Answers

A. Magic doing what he did

A good hire by the way to turn things around, close James and have the vision to steer us where we are now, co favorites for the ring 2 1/2 years later.

B. Jeanie doing what Jerry Buss wanted until it was just tme to stop.

18. Khmrp

Khmrp - Lakers MVP -

jeanie put magic in that role whatever he did is on her

19. LTLakerFan

LTLakerFan - Lakers Legend -

I was adding to my remarks while you were posting. Answered.

20. Khmrp

Khmrp - Lakers MVP -

if that was his vision why quit than n quit like that to boot?