Lakers Vs Clippers... Oh Wait... Trash Talk Goes Here.

Discussion in 'NBA Discussion' started by The Rock, Sep 12, 2020.

?

Who will win the WCF?

1. Lakers

30 vote(s)
    96.8%
  2. Clippers

1 vote(s)
    3.2%
  1. The Rock

The Rock - Lakers Starter -

What are your predictions?

How do you think we will do?

What are some key matchups?

Lebron vs Kawhi who will do better?
    AD vs Harrell how will that turn out?

Who would you use to guard George and Lou Williams?

Which Morris brother will have the better series?

What adjustments do the Lakers have to make going from facing mental midgets like the Rockets to a mentally strong and talented team like the Clippers?

PS Sorry folks, I got excited we won that I completely forgot the Slippers series is not over yet! haha. But why not carry a hypothetical discussion in the meantime anyways?

2. Azndude2190

Azndude2190 - Lakers 6th Man -

We counting out the Nuggets already? lol

The Rock, sirronstuff, DeeZee and 2 others like this.
  3. karacha

karacha Moderator Staff Member

You mean the Nuggets? They are winning this.

4. LTLakerFan

LTLakerFan - Lakers Legend -

Mother of All Clippers’ Clips would be so beautiful. Screw both PG and Leonard. Only person on that team I like is Zubac and Lou some because he was with us too and no personality issues.

5. OX1947

OX1947 - Lakers All Star -

Nuggets aint winning s***. Clippers will be who the Lakers play. Sooner the better.

Toneloc likes this.
  6. Juronimo

Juronimo - Lakers Starter -

plays with one's and zero's
    Whoever sent the chicken wings to Danuel House needs to do the same to Lou Williams again.

LakerFanIam, Wino, LTLakerFan and 2 others like this.
  7. BangBoomPow

BangBoomPow - Lakers Starter -

I'm not counting out the Nuggets, yet. Murray has yet to play one of those elite games he is capable of and the Nuggets are more than capable of winning 2/3 games.

What are your predictions?

Lakers in 6 or 7.
    How do you think we will do?
    There's no point in denying it. No matter how much we hate the Clippers, they are one of the best teams in the NBA. Kawhi Leonard is an amazing player. Paul George, despite his playoffs blunders, is a fantastic second option. Their roster is built to win. It will be a tough series but I think it will come down to the role players of both teams. Caruso, DG, KCP, Kuzma, Rondo, Kieff, Howard, McGee... we need at least three of these guys to have good games. If not, AD and Bron will need to score 70+ minimum.
    What are some key matchups?
    Getting away from the obvious LeBron/AD vs Kawhi/PG..
    AD vs Montrezl. If AD can get Montrezl into foul trouble and punish him, Clippers will have no one capable of staying in front of AD. Noah, Zubac, and Marcus Morris will get slaughtered.

Caruso vs Lou Williams. Caruso is going to have to be able to shut down Lou Williams. I don't expect Caruso to stop PG or Kawhi but Lou Williams CANNOT get going in this series. The good thing for us is Lou is inefficient in the playoffs. He literally starts bricking as soon as the postseason starts. I believe Caruso can shut Lou down and if so, Clippers will need scoring elsewhere.

Kuzma vs Kawhi. I really think Kuzma can play Kawhi pretty well defensively. If Kuzma's defense is every bit as improved as he has shown so far, his length and height should make things tough on Kawhi. We can't rely on Danny Green to defend Kawhi. Mainly, I think the three primary Kawhi defenders will be LeBron, KCP, and Kuzma. Kuzma being able to switch up on Kawhi will help LeBron and the Lakers tremendously. You won't stop Kawhi but just Kuzma being able to stay in front of him and force a contested shot is all we need. I don't see Kuzma being huge for us offensively, though.

Rondo vs Beverley... Only because I want to see Beverley get punked by Rondo.

Lebron vs Kawhi who will do better?
    I can't hate on Kawhi. It's going to be tough. LeBron's a better player but his game relies more on his teammates because he's such a willing passer. Kawhi is now a scorer so he's more in charge of his own performance.
    AD vs Harrell how will that turn out?

I see AD dominating Harrell. Harrell hasn't played well so far in these playoffs. I don't know if he's dealing with an injury but he's noticeably less effective out there.

Who would you use to guard George and Lou Williams?
    I wouldn't waste LeBron on George or Kawhi unless the game is close. KCP/DG/Kuzma on George/Kawhi and LeBron on Lou Williams. Lou isn't particularly great in the playoffs and LeBron can sag off Lou for doubles if needed and force Lou to consistently make shots.

Which Morris brother will have the better series?

Marcus. Sorry, but he's the better player this season. It's that simple.

What adjustments do the Lakers have to make going from facing mental midgets like the Rockets to a mentally strong and talented team like the Clippers?

I don't know if the Clippers are mentally strong. Kawhi is but who else? None in their roster is a championship player and haven't had extensive playoffs success. PG is called George Paul for a reason. Lou Williams turns from 6th MOTY to the 6th worst player in a playoffs series. Beverley is all bark but he has never shut down anyone in the playoffs. Doc Rivers has been coaching for nearly 20 years and only has one ring to his name despite numerous HOF'ers and legends. Who exactly outside of Kawhi is mentally strong? Zubac? Landry Shamet? They're talented but they will fold if the Lakers put enough pressure. I don't think the Lakers need much adjustment other than our shooters being more consistent. We have the best defense in the league right now. The Lakers shut down Lillard/CJ/Harden/Westbrook. Who did the Clippers shut down? Luka put a bad beating and embarrassed the Clippers to the point where Marcus Morris and Montrezl became emotional and tried to bully Luka. Porzingis was injured after the 3rd game. Jokic is average 24/12/5 against the Clippers. Murray technically played so far above his capabilities that he was only going to go downhill from there. Nah, Lakers have been more impressive.

LTLakerFan and Cookie like this.
  8. Pioneer10

Pioneer10 - Lakers All Star -

Lakers in 7

I'm very impressed with the supporting cast of the Lakers; Morris/Kuzma/AC with Rondo/KCP and the inconsistent chunk of Green and whatever THT can scramble up has been surprisingly good. Particularly this is a bunch of good guys who both play good individual and team defense and offense while on inconsistent shooters they're not bad shooters per se and they are willing to pass the ball to break the defensive schemes. Both AC and Kuzma are excellent defenders now (not just above average both of them are seriously good)

The Clippers have a better offensive supporting cast but the Lakers are better at defense and teamwork from what I've seen. With roleplayers in the playoffs is as long as a roleplayer can hit an open shot it's much more valuable to be hunted down in the 4th quarters. Lebron ability to hunt the weakest defender down mercilessly is going to make it very difficult for the Clips to play guys like Williams, Jackson, or even Morris or Zubac. With this is in mind I see a wash

Kawhi is a fantastic player: who can score at 3 all levels (inside/midrange/3) as good as I've seen (Bird/Kobe/later version Kawhii are probably the best 3 level scorers that I've actually seen play). I don't see him outplaying Lebron but I don't see Lebron outplaying him by a significant margin either. Big caveat if Lebron shoots well he still is better then anyone as even though he doesn't have a midrange game he and Luka control the game better then anyone

So why Lakers in 7, the only real mismatch I see is AD. Harell is a mediocre defender to begin with. Zubac can prevent the post up but I don't see how Zubac can handle him off the dribble are as a screener on the PnR. So I just think AD is a better second banana then George because he's got the mismatch and he can contribute while complementing the other guys rather than taking the ball out of others hands

Last edited: Sep 12, 2020
    wcsoldier81 and LTLakerFan like this.
  9. OX1947

I dont see the Clippers winning 3 games. 2 tops.

tada, Pioneer10 and LTLakerFan like this.
  10. wcsoldier81

wcsoldier81 - Lakers All Star -

Lakers in 6 with Palmdale Pietrus shooting 4-18 in Game 6.

Cookie and LTLakerFan like this.
  11. lakerjones

lakerjones Moderator Staff Member

Right now I'm liking our chances against whoever we face from here on in.

tada, Cookie, D-Fish Man and 2 others like this.
  12. karacha

karacha Moderator Staff Member

I will post if they actually eliminate the Nuggets today.

Last edited: Sep 13, 2020
  13. LTLakerFan

I get what you’re saying OX about wanting to beat them good. Would be so satisfying. But watching the epic choke job of all Clipper times not getting out of the 2nd round with this alleged “juggernaut” would be delicious. And all the clowning to follow.

Not happening though we’re meeting them in Temecula for sure.

D-Fish Man and Toneloc like this.
  14. LakerFanIam

LakerFanIam - Lakers 6th Man -

A bit premature, but likely matchup.
    As scary as the Clippers are, I see the Lakers Winning in 6.
    The Lakers Veteran Players & Coaching staff has shown that they are able to adjust quickly
    & the Team as whole is buying into the game plans.
    The Houston Series was perfect because it got some of our bench going & in rhythm too.
    Heck, even THT looks confident out there.

tada likes this.
  15. LTLakerFan

Just asking, why do you say this? I rarely watch these turds. A point by point graph breakdown of their strengths and weaknesses grades A to F, when we got Markieff after they got Marcus was clearly the latter was only a better scorer but Markieff had him pretty much in most of the other important categories. Plus Markieff has been doing just fine on offense for us.

The Showtime Mamba likes this.
  16. KuzmoBall17

KuzmoBall17 - Lakers Starter -

Low Williams is 2 for 22 from three points vs Denver,Harrell is averages 7 points less than in regular season and Zubac is playing every game 30-35 minutes.
    It is completely different Clippers

17. The Showtime Mamba

The Showtime Mamba - Lakers 6th Man -

If we beat the Clippers in the WCF do the Clippers still put a banner up for reaching the WCF?

Last edited: Sep 13, 2020
    Wino, sirronstuff, tada and 5 others like this.
  18. LTLakerFan

19. OX1947

Well, if they do end up "clipping" themselves again here, it's an easier path. However, im tired of the empty b******* commentary that the Clippers are so great. They aren't.

LTLakerFan likes this.
  20. LTLakerFan

Of course. But mocking and clowning would replace that and the “CLIPPING” record would advance to legendary levels.

99 - 89 now Denver just over 4 minutes left

:Shaqlaughing 2: