LABron James Discussion: 21st Season - Setting New Standards

Discussion in 'Lakers Discussion' started by therealdeal, Jun 8, 2017.

1. Punk-101

Punk-101 - Lakers Starter -

Him shoving harden was awesome though

2. Khmrp

Khmrp - Lakers MVP -

avg 30 and 67% TS in this pho series, doesn't have it?

Toklat and sirronstuff like this.
  3. D-Fish Man

D-Fish Man - Lakers 6th Man -

Correct.

4. sirronstuff

sirronstuff - Lakers Legend -

Your time is running out Ham
    But if he starts eating potatoes, he might eventually get it

:Laugh:

KareemtheGreat33 likes this.
  5. Toklat

Toklat - Lakers 6th Man -

Signing Lebron and trading for AD was good for a championship so it has to be rated a success but that doesn't mean it will be going ahead. As great as Lebron has been over the years he just isn't that guy anymore. The argument that he scored so many points doesn't hold water when you know it came at the expense of team offense and he didn't play defense. He could be a valuable number two but he isn't going to lead us to another championship unless we somehow load up on insurmountable talent which I don't see happening. If your main guy doesn't take training camp and preseason seriously, bogs down your offense and doesn't play defense the team isn't going to win. Along with that we played the ugliest most uninspired basketball in the history of the game. We were not just bad, we embarrassed ourselves more often than not. I know we tend to have short term memories once the season is over but I don't think anyone was happy with how we played. Not just wins and losses but how we played. It isn't all Lebron's fault but no coach can really coach with him on the team. I don't believe that Vogel told Lebron to dribble the first twenty seconds and then launch up bad shots and he likely wasn't happy about him not playing defense but he couldn't do anything about it and the next coach won't be able to either. Hopefully we just let this next season play out and don't resign him. We have some good young talent to develop while we look for the next superstar.

6. LTLakerFan

LTLakerFan - Lakers Legend -

Why I would like Rondo to be given a shot over any of the retreads. For all the reasons you stated, and he wouldn’t hesitate to take James to task if he wasn’t putting forth the right kind of effort and playing style needed to have any chance at going deep in the playoffs again and possibly a ring with the crapshoot every team faces with the luck of health.

7. KareemtheGreat33

KareemtheGreat33 - Lakers MVP -

Brow-beater
    Rondo needs hustle players which mean younger and hungry. No more over the hill guys.

8. abeer3

abeer3 - Lakers Legend -

i don't know what ingram has or doesn't have. i think he's playing at about the max of what i expected, but he's still not a superstar. also, he hasn't played more than 62 games since his rookie year. and i KNOW we keep track of that stuff around here!

anyway, thanks lebron for AD and the title. please step into line now and let the professionals do their jobs.

9. FrontOfJersey22

FrontOfJersey22 - Lakers All Star -

Well said and I agree 100%. I’m praying someone else drafts his son so we can easily part ways after this upcoming season.

10. FrontOfJersey22

I think the “it” he’s missing is the ability to lead. He’s a great player and all, but what separates the “stars” from the “superstars” is the ability to dominate in your role, and elevate the entire team around you. BI does not possess this talent.

11. abeer3

abeer3 - Lakers Legend -

yeah, i don't know. i think ingram is a lead by example type, and he's a real gamer. not at all afraid of the moment. i love ingram. he's a good player that i'd want on my team.

and i'm still super glad we shipped him and everybody else for AD and got a ring instead of being jazzed about taking a couple games off the 1 seed without their leading scorer.

Khmrp, TIME, SamsonMiodek and 2 others like this.
  12. FrontOfJersey22

Maybe he will prove me wrong and eventually carry a team all the way- he still has plenty of time to do it.

13. abeer3

abeer3 - Lakers Legend -

i doubt it. he gets hurt a lot and isn't an explosive scorer (not going to go out and get 50 if you need it) nor a lock down defender (not going to take the other team's best guy and make him work). but he's going to make a couple more allstar games, i bet. he needs to be a #2 or #3 guy.

ElginTheGreat, Pioneer10 and TIME like this.
  14. Toklat

Toklat - Lakers 6th Man -

Rondo would another great choice. Total agreement.

15. sirronstuff

sirronstuff - Lakers Legend -

Your time is running out Ham
    too much game left

16. OX1947

OX1947 - Lakers All Star -

Rondo will not make it if he Rondo's on players unless he has a star like Tim Duncan who can take getting called out without crying like a b**** like the Durant's, Lebron's and Harden's of the world.

Cookie, ElginTheGreat and abeer3 like this.
  17. Khmrp

Khmrp - Lakers MVP -

i also doubt bi/zion will win a chip but its not like AD won chip by himself...yes chip is nice but you can easily see our future looks limited, cant do much till bron leaves and then when he does we'll have another 2-3 yrs of darktimes waiting on another old star to come here

18. abeer3

abeer3 - Lakers Legend -

i guess my point is that our dark timeline still resembles their brightest one. again, you harp on AD's availability, but want to bank on zion and ingram? ingram hasn't played more than 62 games in a season since his rookie year, mostly in the 50s. if he played for us, he'd be getting killed daily by the mr. glass memes!

ElginTheGreat likes this.
  19. Khmrp

Khmrp - Lakers MVP -

my post wasnt that i wanted bi/zion but you cant deny we're in an even worse spot than the tanking years now

20. abeer3

abeer3 - Lakers Legend -

sure i can. we have AD and lebron. and when lebron's gone, we still have AD. that's one more star than we had then.

i think people forget how bleak those years were. i completely lost interest, tbh.

and if AD's done like you say, we start getting picks again just when we'll really suck, so you'll get your wish for the tank squad then. but for the next year or two, we should be better off. this year sucked, and i don't expect a repeat next year.