LABron James Discussion: Olympics MVP

Discussion in 'Lakers Discussion' started by therealdeal, Jun 8, 2017.

1. abeer3

abeer3 - Lakers Legend -

Top Poster Of Month

he's right. THT was trying to box out but actually getting pushed off his spot some, and gabriel didn't get a body on his man in the corner.

it's like...they've been watching lebron play?

2. 432J

432J - Lakers All Star -

any competent franchise would've signed one a long time ago once it became apparent that small-ball doesn't work (should've become apparent after the houston series in the bubble)

Juronimo, TIME and FrontOfJersey22 like this.
  3. JSM

JSM - Lakers Legend -

I agree that it doesn't necessarily work. We've also shown we're not always that competent. As big of an issue is that our approach to finding or keeping the right Cs in the past few years has been laughable.

After the Russ deal, we needed to find a big who can stretch the floor a bit. You can't play a traditional inside big next to him except for spot minutes. In theory Dwight OR DJ would have been OK for that 3rd C spot. Never should've rostered both and the other should have been one who can hit a 3. Even if the plan was to have AD start at C and Ariza (ha!) start at PF, we still needed a real big who can shoot. Not a converted SF to PF like Ariza, Melo, Stan, Bron.

4. JSM

JSM - Lakers Legend -

He's stat padding, playing lazy D, and chasing the record. But if he pulls out the scoring champ title, it's still damn impressive given his age and miles on those legs.

5. FrontOfJersey22

FrontOfJersey22 - Lakers All Star -

It doesn’t. It actually feels like Frank is tanking to stick it to the Front Office.

lalalaleeluelela and 432J like this.
  6. D-Fish Man

D-Fish Man - Lakers 6th Man -

I don't agree LeBron is stat padding. We are still--however improbably--in the play-in game. And the only way we're winning games these days is with LeBron scoring monster points. Imagine the reaction here if it really looked like he gave up on the season.

Juronimo likes this.
  7. JSM

JSM - Lakers Legend -

If he doesn't put up 50, we lose right now. We're that bad. BUT when the game is over, he's still in there chasing his 30. So to that end, I feel as though he's padding.

If he wants his, that's fine. There's really nothing else to aim for this year. But if those minutes end up getting him hurt or costing one last run next year, then it's a problem.

Also, if you're going to get on to your teammates for not playing D or rebounding while you're not crossing half court on D but keep enough in the reserve for the 4th Q chase to 30 points...I don't love how that looks either.

8. Weezy

Weezy Moderator Staff Member

Oh he’s absolutely stat-padding, he’s only playing one side of the court and focused on that entirely, and when we are getting beat down he gets to around 30 points to keep his average, and then he’s good. I’m not upset about it though, maybe if it were some other player that had always been about that like James Haren I would be, but LeBron has never tried for just scoring, I don’t even think he’s won a scoring title before. So if he wants to get one now in season 19 to pass the time and get something at all out of this lost season I really can’t blame him. Dude is too old to play both ends of the floor to the level we need to win, he literally has to go for 50 for us to be in it. So yes he’s piling up stats, but that’s fine, I think he’s earned that by this point, he needs to pass Kareem, so whatever it doesn’t bother me.

Juronimo, abeer3, acetabulum7 and 3 others like this.
  9. sirronstuff

sirronstuff - Lakers Legend -

Your time is running out Ham
    He has a future as a politician

:Laugh:

FrontOfJersey22 likes this.
  10. FrontOfJersey22

FrontOfJersey22 - Lakers All Star -

That he does!

11. wcsoldier81

wcsoldier81 - Lakers All Star -

He'll probably go into politics , try to run for Governor then POTUS after being a NBA owner for several years .

12. OX1947

OX1947 - Lakers MVP -

Every team right now is over a bill in net worth. Lebron will never have enough money to be a majority owner unless he has an investment outside his current businesses that brings him a couple billion out of nowhere.

13. acetabulum7

acetabulum7 - Rookie -

His net worth is reportedly half a bil I think? It may not be outside the realm of possibility.

That said, being a majority owner requires endless financial meetings and I don’t think he’d enjoy it the way guys like Mark Cuban do.

14. JSM

JSM - Lakers Legend -

He can't sit the occasional one out with knee soreness?

I could see him being the face of a group that buys a team and stay involved with that team to a degree. But I don't think he wants to deal with the daily grind, although I know he enjoys a good collegiate scouting trip, he's got too many other things going.

abeer3 and wcsoldier81 like this.
  15. OX1947

OX1947 - Lakers MVP -

Plus the majority of owners have to agree, right?

16. The Rock

The Rock - Lakers Starter -

Need to look at Lebron's 50 point games in context. People around the league dropping high scoring games like its candy

abeer3 likes this.
  17. JSM

JSM - Lakers Legend -

While true, if you take out Curry and KD, then Bron has more mileage than the rest of the list COMBINED. Still makes doing what he's doing at his age insanely impressive.

LTLakerFan and Kenzo like this.
  18. pika1708

pika1708 - Lakers Starter -

Yes, Klutch will own a team. With all LeBron crew. It's the ultimate dream. Rich Paul and his team run the thing and the day to day, LeBron is the face and the head

19. wcsoldier81

wcsoldier81 - Lakers All Star -

Josh Hart scored 44 ? LMAO , this is the strangest thing which happened since Corey Brewer scored 50+

FrontOfJersey22 and TIME like this.
  20. Savory Griddles

Savory Griddles Moderator Staff Member

I don't know how involved he is in all those "things." I suspect his involvement with most stuff is similar to Magic Johnson's involvement. Show up to an event your investment team tells you to go to, smile and maybe say a few words. I highly doubt he's in the board room working on strategies to improve Blaze Pizza's market share.

acetabulum7 likes this.