LABron James Discussion: 21st Season - Setting New Standards

Discussion in 'Lakers Discussion' started by therealdeal, Jun 8, 2017.

1. Weezy

Weezy Moderator Staff Member

He flat out swung on him, I won’t be surprised if he’s suspended multiple games. You can’t just swing on someone like that, even if he’s holding your jersey, or arm, or whatever, just beyond dumb from a 19 year vet. As for Stewart, I can’t remember the last time I’ve seen someone that blind with rage. Like he was trying to kill him on live tv, I really don’t get what he was thinking.

tada, ElginTheGreat, Kenzo and 3 others like this.
  2. LTLakerFan

LTLakerFan - Lakers Legend -

At first I thought it was one of those chippy elbows like Kobe use throw but it was a bigger swing than that. I doubt he was trying to catch him in the head though?

Cookie, ElginTheGreat and lakerjones like this.
  3. johnnyboy

johnnyboy - Lakers 6th Man -

Im Satoshi Nakamoto
    I was happy to see DJ protecting his teammates. The bigs should always do that. That was def a dirty shot, the part that annoys me personally is that
    I didn't see Stewart do anything dirty first. Seemed like Stewart was just manhandling Lebron a bit and it pissed Lebron off.

ElginTheGreat and lakerjones like this.
  4. LakerFanIam

LakerFanIam - Lakers 6th Man -

I mean, it sucks the guy took an elbow to the face, but there was nothing about what Stewart was doing that was a legal box out.

You lean in like that with your elbow & face, you’re gonna get hit..

Players know that.

Look at AD & McGee.. Body between the basket & the defender..Stewart undercut Lebron & got the worst of it.. I doubt he'll do that again.

Screen Shot 2021-11-21 at 10.15.46 PM.jpg

5. LTLakerFan

I wouldn’t be surprised to see him say LeBron said something to him that set him off. They were doing the crowd restrained jawing at each other and all of a sudden he became enraged.

ElginTheGreat and BadCoaching like this.
  6. lakerjones

lakerjones Moderator Staff Member

I don’t think Lebron was trying to hit his face just sort of swiping his hand and arm to get loose and made contact. Nonetheless it was a bit reckless and he’ll probably get a game or two suspension. But Stewart should get a longer suspension for his Raging Bull reaction. That was way out of hand and dangerous. The hilarious part was that he’d wind down and say he was ok and they kept falling for it and letting him go.

tada, Cookie, ElginTheGreat and 7 others like this.
  7. svtzr

svtzr - Lakers Starter -

I don’t really care about the hit or melee after that. These things happen in emotionally charged sport situations. Hand them their suspensions and get on with it.

I’m much more disappointed with Lebron’s lackadaisical play. He spoke about having urgency and he was just flat in every way. His defence was terrible in the zone and he was responsible for Detroit blowing it up in the second quarter.

I thought we looked good to end the first with THT and Westbrook. Then Lebron came back in and just pounded the ball with no real aggression, we weren’t getting good shots and were settling for poor shots at the end of the shot clock. I get he is coming back from injury, but if Lebron doesn’t get kicked out, we probably lose today.

Also, we need to figure out our rotations and how THT, Westbrook and Lebron work together - not to mention having to figure how Nunn fits in eventually.

8. sirronstuff

sirronstuff - Lakers Legend -

Your time is running out Ham
    I would suspend him for a month for that cheap shot. We don't need scrubs in the league pulling crap like that, much less an alleged leader.
    First his flop complilations, and now as his skills decline, are we going to get cheapshot compilations?

Do better. King. tsk tsk. I keed. sorta.

9. abeer3

abeer3 - Lakers Legend -

yeah, i'm on team: that's an overreaction from stewart. he was rightfully assessed a foul for the way he rushed the paint. that's not basketball. that's a defensive line maneuver. lebron took exception and to me looks like he's trying to throw him off and hits his face. most people are saying this is worse than they thought initially, but the better angle shows he didn't throw an elbow at his head (more dangerous) and basically backhanded him. with the way stewart's leaning in, it's possible lebron didn't know his hand would land on his face. he was trying to make contact, but he really couldn't see where he was. so it's reckless, but he didn't punch the guy in the face like many seem to be suggesting.

as for what was said afterwards: who knows. looks like stewart was doing all of the post-incident aggressing to me.

i said the same a lot last year, too. folks love to pick on AD and russ, but lebron definitely mails it in a lot. i've repeatedly discussed his tendency to just start hoisting long jumpers as soon as we get a lead. if you want to conserve energy, play fewer minutes or sit out full games. don't laze on a rotation or gamble our offensive possessions on your come-and-go sidestep threeball.

and yes, you can't be the one speaking of playing harder and then obviously not be doing it. the whole team has the feeling that someone else should be stepping it up this year, and that's quite bad.

alam1108, svtzr, jbiggs and 3 others like this.
  10. JSM

JSM - Lakers Legend -

Top Poster Of Month

He knows his process and body better than anyone, so to a degree I trust him because he knows what he needs to do to be ready for the playoffs. But I agree that I wish he'd adopt more of the Giannis' approach who won MVP playing 30 MPG. It clearly won't happen. Old dog, new tricks.

I think he maybe came back too soon. Hopefully we can get to mid-season Russ soon and he can be that alpha dog.

abeer3, lakerjones and ElginTheGreat like this.
  11. Slick2021

Slick2021 - Lakers All Star -

Bron wasn't even on the floor when the Pistons made their 2 quarter run though. The guy had 10 points and 5 assists in 20 mins. Not sure if that was a lackadaisical effort..Tucker was just throwing up some wild shots and missing early. He should still start over Bradley

12. Slick2021

That kid just overreacted and put on a clown show. He didn't really want to fight anybody. His teammates didn't even back up that foolishness, Cunningham is the only one that tried to calm him down. For all that blind rage he had, he checked it when James was standing in his face, and he double checked it, each time he ran up and Jordan squared him up. Bunch of nonsense

abeer3, lakerjones and karacha like this.
  13. karacha

karacha Moderator Staff Member

I would suspend both of them for the next LA-DET matchup. How about that?

lakerjones likes this.
  14. karacha

I was just thinking about that this morning. He had a chance, and...?

15. LTLakerFan

Wow I just lost a little faith in your powers of observation. He didn’t really want at LeBron? Like he was afraid of him when they were face to face?

:Shaqdisappointed:

16. karacha

I think he is suggesting that Stewart didn't really want to fight right away. He was standing next to Bron, had his chance, and he was just yelling but not swinging or anything. He started acting all crazy once it was impossible to actually get to Bron. So, who knows. Maybe he originally didn't want to fight, but then instead of slowly calming down, like most people would, he grew more and more enraged for some reason.

abeer3 likes this.
  17. LTLakerFan

I still believe the guy lost it when they were face to face and LeBron said something to him. That’s my take. 37 years old, smaller now and way past his peak physicality …. maybe something equivalent to, “you don’t want none of this, boy”.

18. Slick2021

Meh...How did he really want at him? He didn't make any move when he got up and James was in his face, he would have got up swinging if he was really bout that action.The only thing that actually happened was he moved toward James attempted to put his hands on Lebron's jersey and James put his hands on him to back him off. They got separated. That was it...the rest was some BS theatrics. Like I said...he wasn't in that much rage when Jordan stared him down, he stopped dead in his tracks both times. That was a weak confrontation, Lebron didn't look scared at all and definitely didn't flinch a second.

19. Slick2021

IDK..that little backhand dropped him pretty quick though, I'm not sure he REALLY wanted any either.LOL

20. The Rock

The Rock - Lakers Starter -

1 game Lebron should be suspended and at least 3 games for that kid who has a scary anger problem. His teammates and coaches probably got hurt too. I'm sure Lebron said some things and that kid completely lost all control

LTLakerFan likes this.