Jeanie Buss Discussion: Jeanie Mohr?

Discussion in 'Lakers Discussion' started by alam1108, Aug 15, 2018.

1. alam1108

alam1108 - Lakers Legend -

2. therealdeal

therealdeal Moderator Staff Member

3. lakerjones

lakerjones Moderator Staff Member

As you CL'ers know well, I've been team Jeannie all the way since day one. I'm so glad she grabbed the reins and took control from her idiot brother. Jeannie actually cares about winning, about the fans and about living up to and continuing her father's legacy. She's the one to do it.

4. LTLakerFan

LTLakerFan - Lakers Legend -

Can't read it as don't have a subscription. Does the hook you on the paragraph intro and then fades progressively lighter and stop. Show us the money!

:dwightcrying:

JohnnyComeLately2k6 and TIME like this.
  5. sirronstuff

sirronstuff - Lakers Legend -

Your time is running out Ham
    If someone has a nice video to watch… for pay...

214578A6-9955-46FB-9BFA-847CF7C1E753.gif

If somebody asks me to read an article though… for pay...

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 11, 2018
    Juronimo and JohnnyComeLately2k6 like this.
  6. LTLakerFan

LTLakerFan - Lakers Legend -

Wow!!! :Magicwow4: Did not realize what this was about. Kobe instrumental in advising Jeanie to clean house and try to bring LeBron in. Who knew. Kobe's fingerprints all over this resurgence. Sold her obviously on hiring Rob as well for GM. Mad love and props to Kobe as well as Magic in helping Jeanie to right that ship that was going down down down. Yahoo has excerpts now.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/report...lakers-house-lure-lebron-james-232113158.html

7. vasashi17

vasashi17 LB's Resident Capologist

Yet many thought that Zinger was a poor pick and that Phil was wrong to try to push Melo out when he still had value.

Dolan and the Knicks are a s*** show and seriously used Phil as the patsy.

I still think had we hired Phil over Mike Daf?!?, then Nash and Coward are champs and we probably pawn off Dwight for another namer instead of him leaving and us using that cap for Mozdeng.

Oh, and Kob woulda exited the game as a champ with both Achilles intact.

f*** you Jimmy forever ever...

[​IMG]

Juronimo, alam1108, John3:16 and 3 others like this.
  8. vasashi17

Sorry, can't provide a summary cause I haven't heard it yet. I can try to provide one later tonight though if someone already hasn't done so.

9. Khmrp

Khmrp - Lakers MVP -

so hiring Phil would've prevented Nash injuries?

JohnnyComeLately2k6 likes this.
  10. KareemtheGreat33

KareemtheGreat33 - Lakers MVP -

Brow-beater
    He has the luck of a champion? Much like Brady and coin tosses

JohnnyComeLately2k6 and Khmrp like this.
  11. vasashi17

Probably not, but dude would have probably managed his minutes a whole lot better.

The guy played a 38 year old 40 minutes the 1st game back from a debilitating nerve root injury.

MDA ran Nash an avg of 33 mins per game (the same amount as a 3rd year 22 year old John Wall during that ill fated 2012/13 season).

Then there's how Phil would have handled/integrated Howard/Pau into the triangle and not have those assets walk away in free agency for nothing.

Then there is how he would have managed Kobe, instead of running him into a premature decline...

TIME, LTLakerFan, sirronstuff and 2 others like this.
  12. sirronstuff

sirronstuff - Lakers Legend -

Your time is running out Ham
    Welp, My cougar dreamz r shattered but da comments r hilarious

Big Mamma Jamma and Khmrp like this.
  13. vasashi17

She's getting way too much heat right now. I'm thinking the released emails between Jeanie and Linda in reference to the cLippers seeking a new venue is what led to many in sports media making all type of inferences towards Linda's true power in the franchise. Of course Linda has Jeanie's ear, but I think there's more to our Prez situation then what's being reported or inferred to.

Here's comments by Jeanie about a month ago...I'm thinking this is why she wants to remain hush hush with the Prez search.

So with all the critiques she's been getting (some misogynistic in nature and completely uncalled for), I'm going to see how she tackles this summer and ignore all the "white noise" for now. Y'all should try to do the same too.

sirronstuff and LTLakerFan like this.
  14. Weezy

Weezy Moderator Staff Member

I don’t know, I think Jeanie has screwed up here in every way possible, and it has nothing to do with her being a woman, turns out she and Jim are probably just not qualified. Joey and Jesse of all people seem to be more on top of the basketball side of things than anyone named Buss. Anything that can leak she seemingly does leak. Like letting it get out she considered moving on from LeBron at the deadline. Then she pulled the whole “fake news” thing in regards to leaked trades and bad team chemistry, and that’s always a sad last resort, if you have to quote Trump you’re in trouble. Now she’s got Rambis and Rob running things, which is a friggin joke, she hasn’t spoken to the media once since Magic stepped down, and then there’s this report from Bucher today

6:30 min mark

There’s one other funny thing she did recently but I’m still looking for the source, I’ll add it if I find it. Something silly about this being a Buss run organization. I think they touched on it in this locked on Lakers podcast, or maybe the one before. Either way this is a fun listen, Anthony and Pete really go at Jeanie and Kurt.

alam1108, abeer3 and KB24 like this.
  15. vasashi17

Im not going to go all out and defend Jeanie, but I'm not going to bury her either till the writing is obviously on the wall.

Something about Bucher always leaves me skeptical. First in the article you provided, there is an editor's note at the bottom:

Then when he came out as the only one that reported on Jeanie considering trading Bron, that wasn't even the subject he led his article with...instead it was a tidbit that came paragraphs into his article. Chris Haynes even mentioned why Bucher didnt lead with something as news-worthy as that.

Either way, Jeanie should be scrutinized...but I gotta see this through before I personally can jump into the fray. That being said, there are a ridiculous amount of leaks and backstabbing that I thought could only be found at the Red Wedding. In that regard, there's a stark difference between good organizations and us, so Jeanie needs to find a way to control that bulls*** moving forward.

But till multiple sources come out and confirm Bucher, I'm still calling "white noise" on this and maybe that's why Jeanie has not commented on this yet...cause like she said in those quotes I posted earlier, why address non-credible sources/reports?

Big Mamma Jamma likes this.
  16. Weezy

Weezy Moderator Staff Member

Jeanie going into hiding, and letting Kurt and Pelinka run the show show instead of doinga real search for a new PBO tells me all I need to know. She’s in a Laker family bubble, all she does is run this through nepotism, rather than going out and looking to steal one of the top execs in the league she lets Rambis handle it. If winning was priority #1 she wouldn’t be doing this, she’d be putting the best people in charge like her father did. But no, it’s Kurt, and Linda, and Rob. And we continue to interview a guy like Lue, who surprise surprise is a former Laker, and will interview Howard, who was Rob’s old teammate, and we interviewed Kidd, who is a garbage coach and an awful human being on top of that. This is a mess, and it’s clear to me at least Jeanie doesn’t have enough experience on the basketball side of things and she’s putting way too much trust in people who either haven’t proven they can do this (Rob), or have shown they cannot do this over decades of failure (Kurt).

alam1108, Cookie, JSM and 3 others like this.
  17. KB24

KB24 Administrator Staff Member

Certified Tax Advisor
    When you continue to underachieve with all the history, advantages etc-., you get the blame and rightfully so. Who else are you gonna blame? God? lol.

Jeanie might get more critic than she deserves...but she hasn't done anything to warrant any praise either which is a problem by itself. In fact, she is part of the problem rather than part of the solution. This much has been proven by now based on the results of this franchise. She has been hiding behind others in the past (first Jim, then Magic, now Pelinka)...its always the others...her idea is to hire friends and then give them "ALL THE POWER"...so when things go wrong..its them. lol. She shouldn't give anyone all the power but make decisions. She should finally take responsibility and be accountable or if she is too dumb, hire better people.

she needs to own up and accept that she has been a failure. That'd be the first step that deserves credit.

But she seems to be more interested in empowering family and friends rather than going out and after the best talent out there. Her refusal to leave her comfort zone is a major obstacle of this franchise's fortunes.

Last edited: Apr 25, 2019
    alam1108, Cookie, abeer3 and 2 others like this.
  18. abeer3

abeer3 - Lakers Legend -

this hasn't aged well.

the buck stops with her on this s*** show.

Kenzo and Toneloc like this.
  19. Khmrp

Khmrp - Lakers MVP -

jeanie right now
    [​IMG]

20. vasashi17

A few things:

Jeanie's big mistake was waiting too long to pull the plug on Jim (especially when that bball ops left her in the dark) and then forcing pieces by bringing in Magic, bringing in a Kobe proxy and bringing back a coach the previous FO hired. If there is a next Prez, they should be the ones in charge of all executive roles and positions including coaching.

So Jeanie needs to step up for sure, but has Kurt been officially elevated? Has Linda's title been officially changed? Has Rob's?

Till the playoffs are done, we don't know what really occurred and what Jeanie really has in mind. There are reports we stand pat and there are reports we seek out Pat (Riles). So which is it?

Since being given access to bball ops by taking the keys from Jim, it's been 2 years. Again, Rob was successful as an agent, I'll give him time to see this through. I'll give Jeanie time to see this through, especially cause we don't have all the facts yet and we are forced to wait till the summer since the playoffs are still going on and potential candidates/successors can't be brought in yet.

But y'all can still bury her on hearsay... I just don't see the point till Kurt or Rob are made Prez officially.